Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 919

Author Topic: Everything: Gaiden  (Read 520391 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Everything: Gaiden
« Reply #2760 on: October 22, 2013, 08:49:53 pm »

"Not where I come from. Basically, you animate a corpse or skeleton and bind it to your will. Most undead can't think for themselves."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: October 22, 2013, 08:50:24 pm »

The figure practically flies up the slope now that his cloak has been removed. He's moving too fast to be seen easily, but someone who was there could have seen a long fanged snout, a long lashing tail, and strong legs, all of which are covered with red scales. Finally he reaches the top, the magma pool glowing unnaturally bright.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: October 22, 2013, 09:01:42 pm »

"Ah, in my world, it involves using ethereal magic to contact someone on the other side of the Border, then convincing them to help you. It requires some advanced ethereal magic but it isn't that bad, the real difficulty come from negotiating with them to feel compelled to assist..."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: October 22, 2013, 09:05:01 pm »

"I've heard of Shamans contacting the spirits of the dead before. That's about it. Are there Undead in your world?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: October 22, 2013, 09:16:55 pm »

"I don't think so, but then again we might just have a different term for it, what's an undead?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: October 22, 2013, 09:24:29 pm »

Tasrak thinks for a minute.

"I'm a living example of the fact that the "spirit" remains when you animate a corpse. But the spirit is repressed, leaving a mindless husk in most cases. The corpse can still follow orders and is still mostly mobile depending on the state of decomposition. Undead can't really feel like the living do. Undead don't function normally, we don't breath or eat, we are only kept alive by magic."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: October 22, 2013, 09:27:07 pm »

"No, nothing of that sort... but there's some research I've heard of that delays a soul's departure and generates a temporary body... probably so that people have a bit longer to say their goodbyes and leave contact details and whatnot."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: October 22, 2013, 09:34:12 pm »

"As a Death Knight, I could think for myself, not that I could go against a direct order from the Lich King. I lived to serve, so to speak, and that meant killing. I felt no remorse. And then, we were freed. We could feel remorse. It was horrible.

I should note that there's a difference between feeling emotion and being able to taste and smell and feel.

That is to say, once the "Soul' stops being repressed we can sort of feel emotion like before. More so negative ones."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:41:43 pm by Vgray »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: October 22, 2013, 09:43:58 pm »

"Ouch that sounds horrible... truly horrible..."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: October 22, 2013, 09:48:13 pm »

"Thankfully, the Lich King is dead now, although his necromancers and smarter Undead are still around. And the countless mindless undead also remain.

On the other hand, that mean many of us who are free have nothing to live for. We devoted the rest of our second lives to fighting him."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: October 22, 2013, 09:49:34 pm »

"Sounds like quite a large conflict, if that's just the survivors of the defeated faction... how many people were involved in it?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: October 22, 2013, 10:09:51 pm »

"Thousands I'd say, the entire kingdom of Lordaeron was turned using plagued grain. Then the undead scourge went north to the Elven kingdom of Quel'thalas. The Lich King himself lived at the frozen roof of the world, where most of his army went and lay dormant for a few years. And then the there was another plague. A much wider spread one.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: October 22, 2013, 10:14:55 pm »

"An entire kingdom? That is certainly remarkable... such things are unprecedented in my world..."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: October 22, 2013, 10:19:51 pm »

The dragon stands at the cauldron, knowing not what brought him here but knowing that he was here for a purpose. As he stared into the lava, he blinked.
That's not magma, he realized as the eye blinked, a slow response to him.

...What are you?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: October 22, 2013, 10:29:35 pm »

"Sounds like a nice place then. The people who currently reside in the capital city of Lordaeron are members of the undead Scourge who suddenly gained free will and ability to feel emotion. The later freedom of the Death Knights was due to us being on Holy ground at the time. The most powerful Paladin in the world being there might also have had something to do with it.

Does your world have Demons in it?"
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 919