Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 919

Author Topic: Everything: Gaiden  (Read 520725 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Everything: Gaiden
« Reply #2565 on: October 21, 2013, 07:11:12 pm »

Maria stops, pulling back.

"Enough. Handling pain is a skill that alas, I cannot teach you. What I can tell you is that you might prefer a quarterstaff. Fortunately, the staff techniques I know are essentially greatsword techniques, so you'll not want for a skilled teacher, and the transition won't be too bad."

Clarrrrketech Camille Leblanc, Miranda Leblanc/Detective Camille, The Anarchist, LaF! Maria, Phyliss, Marie, Mary, Stefan, Thera Aesop Cross [Thera], Yuki, Stella Watters, The Fortified Orichalcum Sonata of Ages (Ori), Sapphira Wittgenstein,Issssabella Cattleya Flora,Natasha O'Connor

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: October 21, 2013, 07:12:48 pm »

Selina sits down with a wince and nods, carefully rubbing her leg.

"Wh-wh-whatever you... y-y-you think is b-best..." Selina has a slight grimace on her face.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: October 21, 2013, 07:20:31 pm »

"Excuse me, I need to procure a staff. Will you be alright if I leave, Lady Selina?"

Clarrrrketech Camille Leblanc, Miranda Leblanc/Detective Camille, The Anarchist, LaF! Maria, Phyliss, Marie, Mary, Stefan, Thera Aesop Cross [Thera], Yuki, Stella Watters, The Fortified Orichalcum Sonata of Ages (Ori), Sapphira Wittgenstein,Issssabella Cattleya Flora,Natasha O'Connor

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: October 21, 2013, 07:23:55 pm »

"Y-yes... j-just fine..." Selina slowly gets over the pain as Maria walks off.
[/quote]

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:15 pm »

A few minutes after Maria leaves, three people arrive near Selina. They seem to be just passing through, actually. However, they notice Selina!

The first one is some sort of...lamia? Naga? Other name for a snakeperson? She has quite the tail, but her current stance makes her about as tall as a typical adult female human, so yay. She has blue skin, though she's dark red scales from the hip (ish? little lower?) down. She also has yellow eyes and quite the head of silvery-blue hair. Her appearance is almost...motherly, amazingly enough. (Her chest certainly supports this. Poor Selina.) At least her dress is rather mundane, given her exotic appearance. She's just got a tunic, a skirt, assorted leather bits, and belts full of supplies and tools. For instance, an ornate blunderbuss hangs at her side, complete with a rather impressive dragon's head over the flared muzzle. Judging by the powder horn she also has, this is VERY oldschool, indeed. Aside from a few gleams of metal which might be an exposed piece of a knife, Selina can't see any other weapons on her.
((For reference, a blunderbuss is basically a flintlock shotgun.))

Walking in her shadow is a little Japanese girl...somewhat like a combination of Yuri and Selina herself. Dressed in some school uniform that's been damaged and patched up beyond recognition, with her dark hair and dark eyes...she seems shy, and clings to the snakegirl for safety. She clutches a rather fancy-looking tome in her hands. Fancier than Maria's, at any rate.

The third is...male?!? What? Twi's characters being male? WHAAAAAAT? Okay, so yes, he is. He's also a giant D&D-style black lizardman. Towering up at at least nine feet (or 3 meters) tall, his steps seem to have a certain distinct rumble to them. Aside from that, the huge reptile is silent, carrying a club as he walks behind the others. He has some sort of loincloth and an attempt at shorts (complete with tailhole), but really, do you care how he dresses?

Anyways, the little girl notices Selina and points her out to the snake! The snake stops (and thus stops the whole trio) and waves over to Selina, looking as friendly as possible.

Clarrrrketech Camille Leblanc, Miranda Leblanc/Detective Camille, The Anarchist, LaF! Maria, Phyliss, Marie, Mary, Stefan, Thera Aesop Cross [Thera], Yuki, Stella Watters, The Fortified Orichalcum Sonata of Ages (Ori), Sapphira Wittgenstein,Issssabella Cattleya Flora,Natasha O'Connor, Aqua, 'Nanoha'

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: October 21, 2013, 08:18:37 pm »

Selina puts the sword down and carefully approaches, feeling quite intimidated by the large lizardman.

"Er... *GULP* H-hello..."
Selina is very nervous.
[/quote]

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: October 21, 2013, 08:22:51 pm »

Kirby chases a butterfly and somehow ends up where Selina is.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: October 21, 2013, 08:23:53 pm »

The snakewoman does some approximation of a bow.
"Hello!"

The little girl peeks out from her shelter.
"Hi."

The lizard says nothing, even after the snake glances at him.  She soon goes back to smiling at Selina.
"What's a girl like you doing out all by her lonesome?"

Clarrrrketech Camille Leblanc, Miranda Leblanc/Detective Camille, The Anarchist, LaF! Maria, Phyliss, Marie, Mary, Stefan, Thera Aesop Cross [Thera], Yuki, Stella Watters, The Fortified Orichalcum Sonata of Ages (Ori), Sapphira Wittgenstein,Issssabella Cattleya Flora,Natasha O'Connor,    Aqua, 'Nanoha'

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: October 21, 2013, 08:26:45 pm »

Selina glances at the pink... thing curiously but then talking.

"Er... H-hello... I... I'm n-n-not alone... er... Sh-she just... um... w-w-went to g-get something... uh... I'm S-selina..." Selina reaches out a careful hand and blushes do to her inability to not glance at the Naga's chest... (1000)
[/quote]

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: October 21, 2013, 08:32:30 pm »

The snakewoman also notices the puffball and thinks something along the lines of 'how precious'. Still, she shakes Selina's hand.
"My name's Aqua, and I'm just a fellow traveler.. It's a pleasure to meet you."

The little girl waves at Selina.
"C-call me Nanoha." That is clearly not her real name.

Aqua glances at the lizardman again.
"The big guy's Boulder. He doesn't talk much, but he's not as bad as he looks."

Clarrrrketech Camille Leblanc, Miranda Leblanc/Detective Camille, The Anarchist, LaF! Maria, Phyliss, Marie, Mary, Stefan, Thera Aesop Cross [Thera], Yuki, Stella Watters, The Fortified Orichalcum Sonata of Ages (Ori), Sapphira Wittgenstein,Issssabella Cattleya Flora,Natasha O'Connor,    Aqua, 'Nanoha'

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: October 21, 2013, 08:35:34 pm »

"O-o-okay... er... wh-what brings y-y-you here...?" Selina doesn't bother the little girl about the fake name... if it was one, she wasn't totally sure. She was also still intimidated by giant lizard man and large chest. (1500)
[/quote]

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: October 21, 2013, 08:37:26 pm »

As does Jerik. He looks over the group of people, and ponders what brought them all together. Boulder warrants a brief worried glance, but nothing much.
"Greetings. My name is Jerik."
He bows slightly, and watches.
((And now, I need to go to bed.))
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: October 21, 2013, 08:39:06 pm »

*@Xantalos waves his appendages*
That battle with the fire people was won by the player characters, though with injuries. Lucario got burned a fuckton by virtue of being hit with multiple volleys of 20 fireballs, that videogame person was brought down to about 75% health, Jason was severely burnt when the Flameborn he dissolved the swords of went into animeraegmode and unleashed a tremendous can of whupass on him because the impression that @Xantalos got from anime is that when sufficiently angry, one's pawor level increases by arbitrary%. Anyhow, the rest of the newcomers are unhurt and there's a bunch of townspeople coming to thank them for their random act of violence noble and selfless act of defense or whatever. Wat do.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: October 21, 2013, 08:39:17 pm »

((...that was kinda random... and those two characters were way far away from where Selina and Maria were...))
[/quote]

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: October 21, 2013, 08:41:13 pm »

Boulder seems to give Jerik a tiny nod of acknowledgement. 
Nanoha hides safely behind Aqua and reads her book.

As for Aqua herself...

"We're just a trio of wanderers who trust each other. Not really sure where to go, so we just go whenever we don't want to stay. Which is to say, we happen to be passing through and maybe we'll stick around."

"Don't babble," Nanoha grumbles. Apparently not too shy to snark.

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 919