Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 919

Author Topic: Everything: Gaiden  (Read 518593 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Everything: Gaiden
« Reply #13350 on: April 01, 2014, 12:43:42 pm »

((Hmm... seeing as the post rate is so low, that means people will (hopefully) have the time to type out lengthier posts that possess greater detail and lower explicity than one-word descriptions.))
Florencio furrowed his brow, quizzically glancing at nowhere in particular with visionless eyes. Not that anyone saw them, seeing as he was presently in full armor. Said armor was still heavily damaged from the transition here of course and only barely operational, though regardless of that it still, unsurprisingly acted to conceal his features and expressions quite well. As for why he was in armor, it was a necessary precaution for financial transactions of such scale, as he was on the verge of depositing a considerable sum (said sum was earned by a rather simple act of transmuting various metals into, of all absurdities, gold). With the steel grip of the ACE-produced ZERO Halliburton case in hand, he moved with a definite air of caution whilst he continued the conversation in a low, muted tone. Albeit one of slight surprise and ample perplexity. "You were yowling something at hypothetical gods, then you went silent."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13351 on: April 01, 2014, 01:14:41 pm »

The Observer turns to examine the person speaking in plain text.

Lucinda quickly glances over to Yukari, what was her expression at present?

Silica may or may not be speaking to Daeron.

"Trickster? You stopped responding suddenly."
Plain text guy is literally floating text saying 'ElfCollaborator'. Only the observer and Trickster can see the text.

Yukari isn't looking at him; she's making coffee for the customers.

Daeron is drinking and regaling Silica with stories of his world.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13352 on: April 01, 2014, 01:31:29 pm »

Silica opens her mouth and begins speaking approximately 0.91 seconds afterwards, when the words required came to mind. The interjection itself rather quiet as per usual though neutral in tone. "Drinking so early? Shouldn't you be concerned about the liver damage?" She shook her head slightly, partly out of feigned exasperation but also out of a polite disapproval. Alcohol was a matter Silica had a great degree of caution around for two reasons. Firstly, she could never handle it well, neither before nor after her first "death" that resulted in her current form. Secondly, she did not necessarily have the best experiences with the substance in the past. Rune B17, Uristrast had potentially lethal effects when used on Circle A56 which seemed to act as a demonstration of the dangers of alcohol poisoning, as well as a, thankfully averted, demonstration of a fuel air bomb.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13353 on: April 01, 2014, 01:36:58 pm »

"Bah, don't be silly! Us kobolds have the livers o' dwarves!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13354 on: April 01, 2014, 01:41:55 pm »

"I'm not too familiar with the integrity of a dwarf's liver..." intoned Silica, with an accidental dose of indignation in her voice. She sighs, it was rather unavoidable perhaps, seeing as one generally cannot have too much of a positive outlook on alcohol when hearing of a scenario where a bear died of alcohol poisoning from binge drinking

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13355 on: April 01, 2014, 01:44:25 pm »

"One day, lass, one day."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13356 on: April 01, 2014, 01:59:44 pm »

"Very well, please continue" Silica listens on with mild interest, specifically mild because whilst it was not of significant interest, a degree of concentration was required for her to pay attention to such matters, lest they blur into an incomprehensible haze of sounds and syllables.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13357 on: April 01, 2014, 11:06:28 pm »

Florencio continues dragging his case along whilst waiting for Trickster's response. There was, of course, an antigravity enchantment on the case, a rather convenient additional service the retailer provided, though it however did little to dampen the effort of actually moving it. The enchantment reduced the weight, making it significantly easier to carry, however, the mass remained constant, hence it still required the same quantity of effort to pull along. Which, seeing as it was full was admittedly several degrees higher than what was comfortable.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 11:08:34 pm by Empiricist »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13358 on: April 01, 2014, 11:08:41 pm »

The cat starts again.
Sorry. I'm actively fucking up another reality at present, so I have to direct my actions there occasionally. What were we doing?

He hops up onto the case.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13359 on: April 01, 2014, 11:12:12 pm »

"Discussing the nature of this world. In particular how you, despite your status as a god have no information either upon the matter." He hefts the case up slightly though keeping its passenger on it still. "Indeed, the question of why time is distorted here to such a degree was also raised though, as wiht all other aspects of the conversation, futilely so."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13360 on: April 01, 2014, 11:14:03 pm »

Hmm. I don't know really; I've found that I can't think of such things for some reason. Pity, could be interesting if not for whatever the issue is.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13361 on: April 01, 2014, 11:24:05 pm »

"How odd... then again such is the nature of this world I suppose. Many facets of this city had yet to exist when I first appeared in this realm, the tendency for an entire area to suddenly change in nature is most disconcerting... Do you have any idea of what processes were behind that change? For that matter, has the aspects of my world always been here?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13362 on: April 01, 2014, 11:29:18 pm »

Well, first it was undefined and boring, so I destroyed and remade the whole thing more interestingly, then I fell asleep and when I woke up it was undefined again.
Sig! Onol

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13363 on: April 01, 2014, 11:30:18 pm »

"It doesn't seem very undefined to me..."
((Only the plot was scrapped, the world's still your world.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13364 on: April 01, 2014, 11:38:33 pm »

Oh really? My attention span really is atrocious. Hmm. We should probably be in a place that isn't completely destroyed and deserted, however.

Magical steampunk london expy rebuild get!
Magical steampunk london expy repopulation get!
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 919