- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 51149 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Old style succession game, Fliermanor. (come and watch and take part of!)
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2013, 02:57:04 pm »

I don't think I have been dorfed yet here? If not, I'd like to be a melee dwarf if possible.
you have been, your a bowyer.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:24:32 pm by danmanthedog »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2013, 06:52:30 pm »

Well, excluding what he already healed from, his skull is broken. It said magma for some reason but I really don't know why it said that when it was above ground. Maybe heated loam makes magma and cave ins cause heat? I'm not sure...
It says "boiling" because the stone went from solid on the ground to flying about in the air as dust, and due to a glitch all airborne particles are considered gaseous. The liquid form of stone is magma, and the gaseous form of magma is boiling magma, so the game decides that the rock dust must be boiling magma.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2013, 08:27:19 pm »

Ah man, i was about to say that my dwarf looks like he hasn't been doing anything at all, but it seems you already have a medical dwarf.  :(

Cook is gonna be replaced. He insists on NOT healing people
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2013, 08:46:03 pm »

Ah man, i was about to say that my dwarf looks like he hasn't been doing anything at all, but it seems you already have a medical dwarf.  :(

Healing is not of use for him, cooking is all that is needed to keep a fortress alive. Hmm try using the bowyer for healing.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2013, 09:44:57 pm »

Healing is not of use for him, cooking is all that is needed to keep a fortress alive. Hmm try using the bowyer for healing.
((Actually, he's fishing right now since some of the pools filled up.))

6th Slate, 127
Due to the incompetence of the cook, I decided to fire the cook for his neglecting of fenrir. I was able to do it so quickly because I passed by with him sitting idle as I grabbed something to drink. I yelled at him and a new cheesemaker became the new Chief Medical Dwarf. I also watched as Gnora gave birth to a baby girl also. I just hope they all grow up nice and healthy. I also saw that our food stores were running a little low, so I took a bunch of our useless animals and ordered them butchered. There is no purpose of having animals if we starve to death ourselves. The new hands are also putting themselves to work quite nicely, they already began to remove the outside stockpile and placed it in our new refuse/corpse pile in our outpost. I also noticed we have a wood furnace that is unused and I had a plan to use it to our advantage. I ordered a lot more trees cut down and decided after awhile, we'll have a wood stockpile built up. I also dug deeper and found hornblende, but its rather useless.

11th Slate, 127
A planter was about to go downstairs and started screaming.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

She ran past me, pushing everyone out of her way until she got to a craftdwarfs shop. I hope she doesn't break anything. Also, we struck metal finally today! Its nothing special, but galena is an ore of silver if I recall. I'll have to ask the bookkeeper when I get back up. Wait, we don't HAVE a bookkeeper. On this realization, I appointed a fishery worker to become bookkeeper so we know what we have and what does what. Maybe we can get some order in this place for a change. I also ordered a room to be placed for his office. Maybe we can spruce it up a little bit after he finishes telling us what we have. I also struck marble today, which is a nice change. I will be ordering a special stockpile to be placed near the workshops once we're done digging some of this out. And also, our new Chief Medical Dwarf has done a miracle: fenrir is back on his feet! Although he complains about headaches more often now and his head seems to have a few bumps where his poorly paced bandages are, but that's ok! We got our miner back and we're all set! Cameranerd also complained as he went to bed about long patrol duty and looked unhappy because he didn't have a proper room. I decided that the digging deeper can wait until we get our bedrooms finished. I grabbed my pick and began to dig out the new rooms with the bandaged up fenrir.

21st Slate, 127
Our farmer friend came out with a funny little trinket with the strangest name:

I question the sanity of our people...

25th of Slate, 127
We discovered the reason for the revival of our dead. Unfortunatley, it is exactly as I expected:

Looks like our army of three now has a time to shine. They chased the necromancer across the fields and up the hills. The maceman, unhappy and angry, charged with full force, smacking the human in the head. To his dismay, it was not fatal, and the necromancer fled for his life. The maceman continued his onslaught where he was joined by his two allies. The swordman slashed away at the necromancer's legs and upper body, and then his head, cutting a large gash into his head. The maceman, fueled with anger and rage, swung his mace down and the necromancer knew no more. On the bright side of this, the maceman wasn't unhappy anymore.

((more to come, gonna figure out the problem with my photo uploading site...))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:42:14 am by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2013, 07:48:24 am »

Woot we got silver! :D Lets hope we can find alittle bit of iron.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2013, 11:41:15 am »

I haven't really dug too deep from what I'm used to. I haven't even broken cavern layer yet. Hopefully, when I update next, I will find iron or copper, or something useful for us. I do have to admit, angry dwarves make great warriors.

Also, I fixed my photo uploading problems, so I'll post that picture that I didn't get to show everyone. Even though its not important, it helps and theres a funny tidbit there.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2013, 12:31:20 pm »

I haven't really dug too deep from what I'm used to. I haven't even broken cavern layer yet. Hopefully, when I update next, I will find iron or copper, or something useful for us. I do have to admit, angry dwarves make great warriors.

Also, I fixed my photo uploading problems, so I'll post that picture that I didn't get to show everyone. Even though its not important, it helps and theres a funny tidbit there.
The necromancer has the perfect job for doing necromancery

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2013, 05:26:52 pm »

The necromancer has the perfect job for doing necromancery

I know, right?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2013, 06:16:50 pm »

9th Flesite, 127: Plans
Late spring. The last coming days before the intense heat becomes more intense. This will mean we have to get water soon. I also noticed we need more plump helmets and wild strawberries to make our booze. Hopefully, we can get the problems we have now fixed with our decent sized population. I got plans to have a thriving outpost by the end of this year. Today, a planter gave birth to a baby boy, and the new nobles rooms are finished being dug out, so our engravers can get to work on them now.

13th Felsite, 127: The Seige part 1
The soldiers stationed over by the gate came to me and told me we got a serious problem:
I told them to grab their arms and everyone must run into the mines to hide from this menace. If all else fails, we can hide there while the dead leave us alone. I don't doubt the skills of our three man army, but we're outnumbered here. There is already at least 6 of them outside and our soldiers are only three strong. Our traps can't hold them off for long, but perhaps we can find a way to stop them from advancing... When I told everyone to get inside, for some reason, danmanthedog and the outpost liason started having a meeting. I don't know why though. Then he comes up to me with this long list of random crap, saying its what the mountainhomes want from us and will pay dearly for it. I look at him and smack him with the paper rolled up and tell him to get to safety. I then open and look at it and notice they want mostly headgear, anvils and... Cheese... Where are those cheesemakers?

17th Felsite, 127: Outpost Liason is a brave bastard (or perhaps stupid?)
The meeting was over and danmanthedog and the liason said farewell. Then, he asked to get past the barricaded door. Tevish Szat the militia commander looked at him weird and moved some of the barricades to let him past. Cameranerd laughed a little as he went past and was greeted by dead outside the door. Lucky for mr liason, they were slow, but that didn't stop them from going after him. I started a head count and saw that we had a ffew of us still outside. I felt terrible since these were new people, but sacrifices had to be made. And apparently, we have thieves stealing bolts from us. They wont get past the doors thankfully, but some buckets are still outside. Nontheless, we can remake posessions, not lives.

22nd Felsite, 127: Things get worse
I just heard that a werelizard just came onto the fields of battle. I hope that our defenses can last against such a monster with the leigons of the dead.
I hope he's with us in this siege; I hate to see what happens if they work together.

23rd Felsite, 127: Strange Tidings
Well, things just turned a little for the better I hope. We're all downstairs now, with the exception of one random farmer running up and down the stairs giving me updates on what's happening upstairs. He told me as he ran back down the stairs, he heard fighting, but it was the sound of flesh tearing from claws and bones being broken, not steel scraping bone or hacking of flesh. I think we just gained an unlikely ally if this is what I think it is.

24th Felsite, 127: The Fighting Stops
The runner came up and told me he saw from a small crack in the wall, the werelizard killed two zombies and then transformed into a human. The human fought off another zombie but kept trying to run away, fighting stark naked and fleeing for his life. He got away, but no zombies were slain after his transformation.

1st of Hematite: The Soldiers need rest
The runner came to me and told me that the dead are wandering about still, but the soldiers looked hungry and thirsty. Someone forgot to hand them water skins and backpacks. I put that on my list of things to do for the fortress once the siege is lifted. I fear that we may have to open the gates and let them come as we fight our way through the legions of the dead. I'm going to hold a small meeting in the next coming days to find out our course of action.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:04:16 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2013, 07:27:19 pm »

5th of Felsite, 127: The Meeting and More Discussions
The meeting went as recorded here:

Highmax: Alright everyone, I've called us all here for a meeting on our situation. We've been here for a month almost. We're all hungry and tired, and we can't go upstairs in fear of the dead. I know that a proper shelter from the enemy will be put in place later, but-

Snow Fenrir: You and your plans! Its those plans that got us stuck down here in the first place! We're starving and thirsty and you won't let anyone upstairs! I saw to hell with you and your plans!

Highmax: Calm down Fenrir, we don't want your wounds opening up from you straining yourself. Yes, we're all hungry and thirsty, but unless you all want to get devoured by the dead, I would rather us stay down here for a little while longer. As for our soldiers, I have come up with a strategy to help us all.

Some new ranger we don't have the name of: Whats the plan then? How do we fight off the dead? Not even that monster could fight them off alone!

Highmax: Actually, we got word he killed two by himself. Now, if you recall the incident with the necromancer, how the dead kept on arriving at our doorstep. Our soldiers have dealt with this before. I say that we make an agreement of having them run out and kill anything that stands close to our doorway. All in favor?

*only a few hands went up*

Highmax: Those opposed?

*everyone else*

Highmax: Well, then, I don't suppose we have any better ideas, do we?

*A herbalist raises her hand*

Herbalist: My husband is missing from our numbers with his acquaintance. I fear they are lost, but I swear to you, I would rather die then let the dead desecrate his corpse. I say let me in the squad and I will lead the charge out to the enemy. I won't stand around and watch countless people die of hunger and thirst. I say die with honor and bring the fight to them. How many dead are counted for?

Highmax: Thirty one

Herbalist: Throw me into the milita. I will die with a sword in hand before I let hunger and thirst take over me.

Highmax: Then its settled. We open the gates and let out the militia. Those who choose to go out and fight will be with Kib. The rest will stay here and wait for good news.
*meeting is ajouned*

I still think this is suicide, but its what the others want. I pray that we make it out alive.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:28:50 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2013, 08:16:05 pm »

10th of Hematite, 127: Seige Part 2
We heard nothing from the outside today. People are getting edgy. Trying to get people to keep calm in this. This will blow over hopefully. The rest of those that were wanting to go out went. The Herbalist led them up, and my hope is they all live from this endeavor.

20th of Hematite, 127: The Siege Part 3
We heard fighting from where we were, but nothing came down. Someone left the door open and a pump operator came down, thirsty and hungrier then we were. He came down and looked pale from fright. He told me he was trapped outside and the dead attacked him and the other mechanic as they were setting up traps outside. I asked him if he saw the soldiers and he gave me a nod. "They were fighting outside and they seemed to be doing quite well. That was some good news at least.

26th of Hematite, 127: Silence through the halls of Fliermanor part 1
Sounds of fighting stopped today. We're going to wait out a little bit to hear from the outside. I hope this means we won.

27th of Hematite, 127: Silence in the Halls of Fliermanor part 2
Nothing yet from the topside. Cook threw a tantrum but was calmed quickly. I sent a ranger to go up since the farmer went out to fight also. Heres to hoping the pump operator lock the door and left them outside.

Later Entry
He didn't

28th of Hematite, 127: Victory, but at what cost?
The ranger came to me to tell me that there were several caged corpses at our doorstep; the traps worked! But he saw blood cover the fields and saw no wounded, only more dead (not undead, just dead bodies). hopefully, we can find someone who survived to give us some insight.

5th Malachite, 127: The Aftermath
People are still rather unhappy, but the siege is lifted. We found one soldier wounded; it was the farmer I sent up on runs. His hand is fractured and he's unconscious. Hopefully we can shed some light when he wakes up. Cook threw another tantrum today. It turns out that her husband and her two brothers joined up on the attack, but we still haven't found them yet. The bodies of the dead are so many, we actually have to dig through them to find any traces of our fallen friends. I pray that the herbalist survived along with Cameranerd and Szat. They were our greatest and bravest soldiers.

Later Entry
We found their bodies after a bunch of people went to clean up the bodies. We found most of the soldiers dead. The herbalist was killed with three dead around her. Cameranerd was found under another several bodies near the gates, and szat was found over the hills. The brave soldiers now lie dead and we are currently carving out the coffins and burial site. They will be honored for their bravery and courage in the face of death. I want every detail from the farmer once he's awake...

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2013, 08:42:45 pm »

Wow that was horrible. So how many died in the battle and who survived (like named dwarfs). I think we need a great tomb for the fallen and they must be reborn through Armoks great blood transfer.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:44:30 pm by danmanthedog »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2013, 08:52:28 pm »

((Still surprised about the siege. Glad we didn't have a disaster excluding the soldiers. Who's up for some redorfing?))

11th of Malachite, 127: Answers
More were found dead, and we found the herbalist's husband. He tried to fight the dead but died in the process. We found another wounded, a presser, who was still conscious despite his broken leg. I talked to him before he passed out about what happened. He told me that they all came out and the dead started to close in on them. They ran out and killed about four total. Then things turned for the worse. The soldiers separated and fought some of the corpses alone, and then people began to drop dead or wounded. He was unlucky and had his leg busted. He crawled over to a drained water basin and hid there in fear of the dead coming for him. He watched as the dead came by him, walking towards the gate where the others had went. He saw Kib, the herbalist, slay several before the zombie tore her apart. Cameranerd stood ready as the others died around him and the dead closed in on him. Szat was unseen from where he laid down, and the farmer dropped from his wounds. Then, cameranerd slayed three before the dead overwhelmed him. They then marched towards the gate, where he heard the traps go off. Then, he dragged himself a fair distance towards the gate but was found during the search for survivors. He then passed out on me, and I shed a tear. They fought bravely and couldn't keep their lives. I decided we're going to make armor and weapons as soon as we can, and prepare our soldiers for future sieges.

22nd of Malachite, 127: Salvation!
I was told more tantrums were being thrown today. So many people are thirsty now since our alcohol stores are low now. Soon, we'll run out of that too. We need more farm plots and we need more this and more that. I was getting too fed up with it all, and I needed to blow off some steam, so I grabbed my pickaxe and dug straight down. I didn't care what happened, I just needed to get away. I dug and I dug. I then hit what sounded like hollow rock. I tapped at it a few times and took a great swing and lo and behold:

I was so shocked. I ordered the section I found walled off as I decided to dig closer to the ground. I dug a little bit deeper and found the cavern extended underneath me. I ordered more walls and a door as I hit the ground. I was surprised when I walked out and saw this vast lake of water before me. I dropped to my knees and cried with joy; I found our salvation and our savior. Gods be praised! I crawled over to the water and took my hands and drank. I felt ashamed using my dirty hands to drink from this great lake, but I couldn't help myself. I took massive gulps and then brought my whole face to the water and drank more. I was still crying as this happened, I literally wanted to cry and sing and dance at what I found.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:02:35 pm by highmax28 »

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2013, 08:54:15 pm »

Should have known my reign as militia commander would be a short one.  Ah, well, at least I racked up a kill count on my way out, I hope?  If it's not much trouble, I'd also like a slab so we can see what did me in over in the flank of the battlefield

Please redorf me as the next Militia Commander.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39