- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 51022 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.
« Reply #435 on: December 11, 2013, 07:01:06 am »

everything going okey Th3DwarF

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 15, 2013, 08:33:34 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
8th granite
I remember my father with something just short of fondness. He always guided me, helped me. He was my light and warmth. But then the ice wolves took him, and I had to fight fire with fire, ice with ice. I became like them, and through that beat them. I have two of their pelts, their father-murdering pelts, hanging in my room. But killing them didn’t stop the ice. I don’t know what can, and I do not care. The ice is part of me; I am the ice.

I got a message from a shivering boy. He came slipping and sliding through the halls, falling over and knocking against walls. In his hand he clutched a letter. I calmly walked sure-footed over the icy ground and prised it from his stiff hands. “Thank you” I said, baring my teeth with what I hoped was warmth. The boy shivered all the more, and I let the smile die. Foolish child. I walked away and left him to crawl hesitantly back the way he came.

In the letter I found the following from the Fort archivist.

and also received the news that our broker had a baby boy. I joined in with the celebrations, and stood watching the party. I smiled at anyone who came near. For some reason, a large circle of space gradually grew around me. I wasn’t bothered. When the party ended, I left and went to my room, staring with crystalline hatred at the pelts of the wolves. A death to their entire ilk! And to Highmax…The traitor amongst us. As day fades, I sit in a chair, watching the pelts, thinking on how to get my revenge on him. My thoughts move slowly, but they get there eventually, like a glacier tearing apart the hull of a ship. Towards dawn, I suddenly smile, and lie backwards. I fall asleep dreaming stony dreams of my plans.

4th Slate
Two interlopers in the one day! Migrants pour into the fort, exceeding our bed capacity. With reluctance order a new bed wing, under advice of the Councillors. I do not understand why; the dogs could easily sleep amongst the ice boulders. But what came next gave even my Councillors shock; A beast from the depths. I have no concern for it. Let it come! I will pit the strength of winter against it. My Councillors seem anxious about my expression, so I straighten my face from its scowl. But they will see yet; they will all see.

10th Slate
Ever since I was a child, my father would tell me tales of the things in the depths. Cool diamonds the size of your fist, sparkling emeralds jutting from the wall. I want to find these things, so I order the miners to dig away from the comfort of the tundra and snow, and delve towards the bottom of the world itself. Even if I have to pass through this land of water and turgid vegetation, I will. Nothing will stand in the way of the mining operations! My father would have wanted it, I‘m sure. Why else would he tell me such things, if not for me to look for them. He wanted them, so I’ll get him gems the like the world has never seen.

15th Slate
I stand panting in my room. The fur pelts are still there, the walls of ice still stand in resolute positions. But it has changed, I have changed. The world is different. It feels as if my veins are only now holding blood, my entire universe has swung upon its axis and swung me with it. Everything seems to shake; the walls, the floors. With a cry, I fall to the ground, writhing on the icy floor. The cold pierces me. As my fingers claw the floor, I recall what happened. I was with a miner, inspecting a lump of see through rock which could have been diamond. It hadn’t been. I harshly ordered the miner back to work, and pointed to the ground. With a scared expression, he swung his pick. It hit the floor in a spray of miniscule stone chips. I felt the coldness well up in me, his inability driving it on. With a roughened fist, I backhanded him. He flew through the air and landed in a lump some distance away. I looked at him dispassionately. He twitched, and I looked away. I picked up his pickaxe.

It pounded into the ground as I swung it, using the ice to stiffen my sinew and muscles. I punched holes into the ground as I worked, muscles straining with the effort. Where before the miner had thrown up mere fragments of rock, my swings had hewn entire stones from the floor. Some time during this, I heard a faint scuffing noise as the miner rose to his feet. He started to talk to me in angry tones. I ignored him, venting my coldness into the rock and shattering it. My body was slick with sweat. He laid a hand on my shoulder, still speaking with heat in his voice. I turned slowly around, and fixed my stare upon him. He stood staring at me in defiance. I narrowed my eyes, and his hand trembled. Whatever he saw there broke him, and he ran up the stairs shouting curses at me. With a wheezing, grinding laugh I turned back to my work.

Many hours passed, marked only by the size of tunnel I had made. Eventually, my muscles grew tired and each swing was a strain. I kept at it, keeping my father in mind. He would be so proud of me. It was with that thought that I swung that pick for the last time, and broke through. A red light bathed my face, and I screamed out in agony. The heat seared my face, blinded me. It seemed to melt into my soul, and lit a fire there. The pain was excruciating. It felt like I was on fire. I passed out.

In the darkness of my unconscious mind I could still see that fire. It roiled and burned, seared and melted. And then it gathered to a greatness and took the form of a face, a face which I can barely recall. It was as if the fire was the only face I had ever seen, the only face which had a right to be seen. It opened its mouth and spoke into me, my entire existence rocked to the sound. “I AM THE FIRE THAT OPPOSES YOUR ICE. MY NAME IS NOT RELEVANT, THOUGH YOU MAY KNOW IT ALREADY. I HAVE RECEIVED YOU FATHER’S SOUL, AND SAW IT TO BE GOOD. THE FIRST THING HE DID WAS ASK ME TO BE GOOD TO YOU. HE WAS A REMARKABLE MAN; I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR HIM. BUT HE IS DEAD, AND YOU CARRY HIS BLOOD. SO I GIVE YOU A GIFT. THE GIF OF WARMTH; USE IT WISELY, OR DIE USING IT.”  The face vanished, taking the darkness with it. I woke with a gasp, as if rising from a deep place under the sea; and then I ran, stumbling, crying. Slipping on the ice floors until I reached my rooms. And here I am now, letting the heat take me, guide me. Consume me.

16th of Slate
I have gotten over the pain of the fire, but the flame itself is still there. I feel it burning and pulsing inside me like a second heart, it almost is so strong that I believe it could melt the entire fort around me. As it is, it stops me being ice. Good riddance, I say. I still shake when I think back to some of the things which I had done, what I was planning to do to Highmax. And here we come to the problem. While I know much of my ire was unfounded, he still did not help my father, but stood by and watched. I cannot allow this to go unpunished, but he controls much of the army. I have replaced my coldness towards him with a burning hatred, and have found myself unable to do anything but wait, and watch. When we pass in the halls he smiles and nods at me respectfully, but I still see that glimmer in his eye. It reminds me of me, when I was encased in winter. The Sun save us from him ever gaining control!
“Alarms! Death in the Deeps! The beasts have come. Women, children; HIDE. They come, they come! Curse the last overseer! Who makes gates without levers? Curse him! They simply walked into the fort. Men, to the deeps! We must stop this threat to our homes, our families! March with me, for your very lives depend on it!” The troops who had been milling in a heap now rally to me, and fall in to my step. “Come! To the deeps! There are beasts in the deeps!” We march downwards to the shriek of the women and children, a long column of death. I grin. The beasts don’t know what is coming.

We walked through the icy halls, and then descended into the rock. Our ribbon of steel wound its way down…down….down. I remember the last time I took this route, the time when my old life was seared out of existence. I imagine again the feel of flames licking me, and shudder. I feel tempted to call off the march, but I don’t think even I can stop it now. We march on, an unstoppable avalanche of Dwarves. As we stride through the lower levels faces peak from around corners, and seeing what is coming their faces set in steely determination. Miners stop their operations and join us, becoming one with us. The avalanche increases in size. At the head of the Mining Company walks Lor, their leader and director.

We come upon the first of the Beasts, Forgotten since the dawn of time. It raises its snouted head from its kill, one of the haulers. Its head is smeared in blood as it roars its defiance. We roll onwards, and a gleam of fear passes through its eyes. It puffs up, body bloating outwards. Then, it releases a storm of dust, a huge steaming cauldron. The troops stumble, and then move inexorably onwards. Dwarf and mist hit each other, cover each other. The mist covers my vision; I can barely see three paces in front of me. Strange shapes boil out of the whiteness, then melt back in. At one point I see a wing, leathery and black. When I follow it, it fades back into the mist. I stumble about until I reach the end of the mist. As the thin tendrils give up their grip on me, I see Highmax standing there. With him is a good quarter of the military. They do not move, only stare at the mist, and listen to the sounds of destruction. They are smiling, smiling with grins as twisted as themselves.  I feel the flame rise in me again, that burning brand of anger. I walk up to Highmax and stick my face close to his. I can see each whisker of his beard and feel his damp, clammy breath on my skin. His grin fades. “What are you doing here, Highmax. The beast is back that way,” I say with a sharp jerk of my head towards the cloud of mist.

He looks uncertain. “We were…going after the other beast, Overseer, the one behind this one. I gathered my men to…kill the other one.”

“Well let’s get going then, Highmax. There is no need to wait.” I withdraw from him and stalk down the hallway, Highmax’s men following behind me like a pair of wings fanning out on either side. I stifle a smile of victory. I am at the head, and Highmax is following behind. He effectively gave me control of his troops, for the time being at least. Ah, how I long for the day when I can part his head from his shoulders! One thing at a time, though.

We go onwards and find the Beast. Githu, some of the guards have named it. It is in the shape of a deer, but its heart is evil and it is armoured with scales. I charge forward, a war cry on my lips: “FOR FLIERMANOOOOOR”. The deer looks up, startled, and starts to charge to meet me, lithe muscles moving beneath its skin. Its horns are aimed for my chest. 10 feet. 8 Feet. 4 Feet. I know the next few seconds will spell my doom, and the blood of my ancestors, of my father, will once again stain the ice. Funny, I always thought I would die of some natural cause like old age. Failing that, I would have liked to charge at a great beast of towering muscles and incomprehensible strength, staring it in its eye as it ends me, and I end it. And yet here I am, charging a bloody deer. The warmth in my heart weakens with that thought, then surges forward again. I will take this down with me, even  if it is my last action. 2 feet.

Suddenly, a blur flashes in front of my eyes, a pair of blades parting the air in front of me, driving Githu off. Highmax stands before me, blades held up before him. His face is twisted into a rictus snarl of hate. Githu stops with a sceech of rage, and I stumble to a halt. Githu’s nostrils flare, and he bares sharpened teeth at Highmax, who doesn’t move. The troops flow on either side of him, a tide of steel, and begin hacking at the Forgotten Beast’s sides. Blood arcs from it, and all is covered in red, slimy gore. With a grin, I join in, feeling the hot blood seep into my clothes, my hair…even my skin. Soon, I am drenched in it. Even while the fight is going on, I can’t help but look at Highmax. His face is lifted upwards in rapture, eyes closed. A smile spreads across his face like oozing ink. My axe swings, and hacks a leg off, but the beast still attacks. It was horrible, bucking and convulsing. The pain only seemed to make it more violent.

A noise to the side, like a savage growling sound. I look to Highmax again, and his teeth are bared. With a deep throated growl which pierces the din of battle and the distant explosions of mist, he lunges forwards, straight for the scaled throat of the deer. His teeth penetrate the hard outer layer and rip the throat out. The deer convulses once more, then drops; dead. I stare in shock..He just tore its throat out with his teeth! Truly, I will have to be careful dealing with this one. He seems more like a beast than the felled deer.

17th Slate
Nausea sweeps through the military. Even I am infected, though I fought Githu and not Ngogngo

26th Slate
The Nausea Epidemic has gone, all are sound again. Thank the gods. For many days the ground was slick with vomit, and none thought it would leave. Worst effected was Blademan, who still runs through the halls and paints them green. He has yet to get better, I do not know if he will.

28th Slate
I sit in my room and glare with suppressed rage at the pelts of the wolves that killed my father. My anger at them is enormous, but not all consuming. With a sigh I turn back to the desk in front of me. When my thoughts were chilled I didn’t understand. I didn’t even think of anyone else. But now I know that a personal hunt for vengeance isn’t possible. We are running out of food, and Highmax is good, if somewhat insane, as a defence mechanism. Our stocks of booze are decreasing, and I dread to think on what will happen if they go. With another sigh I sign the order, and a Dwarf rushes in, snatches it up and carries it off to a farmer. We’re building a farm in the caverns, now that it is clear of Forgotten Beasts. By all things good and warm, I hope no more of their foul kin come!
18th Hematite

Curses! I call again the military, and we again go on our march of doom. The tread of our feet echoes off the walls, and we march to the time of our heart beats. Highmax walks up front, a grin of anticipation on his face; I know he awaits the feel of hot blood pouring down his throat again. I shudder with the coldness in his eyes, and can’t help but feel that I am sending a monster to fight a monster. I almost wish that the crow will win.

20th Hematite
One died to the forgotten beast, and his name will forever be carved into our hearts as the first to die in our long battle for the caverns. For that is what this is; a war. They own the depths, and we want it for our farms. And so, we fight. For Farm and Family, we fight! Though creatures from the dawn of time may assail us, though our arms be torn off and our limbs shredded, we will fight. And when all is done, we will raise our plump helmet toasts in our dining halls, and drink the ale of our people. For we fought for it, and we will have it. To further this need, I have set a squad of ten training at the entrance to the farm. May their blades be ever sharp!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, this is what I have done so far of the write up. I have finished the year in game, so I can post the link now and let the next overseer work, putting his write up in to a word document until I'm done if he wishes, or I can post the link in the next half.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
  • Forts lost: A lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 15, 2013, 02:29:33 pm »

We walked through the icy halls, and then descended into the rock. Our ribbon of steel wound its way down…down….down. I remember the last time I took this route, the time when my old life was seared out of existence. I imagine again the feel of flames licking me, and shudder. I feel tempted to call off the march, but I don’t think even I can stop it now.

Nice writing.
Ah, RL. The only true slayer of fortresses.
A vile force of Reality has arrived!

Sheaim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 15, 2013, 04:36:56 pm »

Dwarfy, I can wait. Don't haste it any more than absolutely neccessary.

Also, there is a possibility, although small that I'll be only able to take care of the fortress only after Christmas, so I'm asking for an additional week. I should be done by 5th of January, which will make my turn three weeks long instead of just two.

Of course if you guys don't wanna wait we can make it so I and the next overseer exchange our turns - he takes mine and I take his.
Either way is fine by me.

Oh, and please excuse any possible mistakes, English is not my native language after all...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 16, 2013, 12:50:22 am »

People think the real me is a psychopath... Wait till they see the dwarf me ;D
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 16, 2013, 05:36:25 pm »

Internet been down lately so yeah but happy everything is going okey.

Sheaim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 26, 2013, 07:14:20 pm »

May this silence be damned.

What the hell's going on? My turn should be long over now, and I wasn't even handed the save yet!

I'll be away for a few days, will be back at 2nd January, if the save ain't up till then I'll just play it from the latest save up, okay?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 26, 2013, 08:14:13 pm »

Oh Shi....

I'll be damned. I completely forgot my turn. Dammit. Update some time, I promise. Christmas messed with my head.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 27, 2013, 07:40:51 pm »

Yeah haa thought some thing was up with no updates but its okey just hurry and update and the pass.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 27, 2013, 08:21:49 pm »

The winds are whistling over the tundra, bemoaning whichever fates drove them from the deserts of the Dwarven nomads to this forsaken pillar of ice. A snow flake, flaunting its crystalline beauty, dances in front of my face. I watch it with a wary eye. A gust of wind blows it into my beard, where it melts. It flows like a tear across my skin. Indeed, I feel like crying. We all do. But that is not important, and I must focus. A grunt issues from my mouth, the warm gust of air blowing flurries of snow from me.  I notice the pools of blood in the snow, the grand strokes of a brush on a pearly canvas.

“What do you think, Highmax?” I say to the hulking figure shrouded mostly from my sight by the snow. “Should we risk it…or not?” I stamp my feet, trying to beat life back into them. Curse this ever-present winter! The shadow of Highmax moves slightly, as if in scorn of my weakness. Ahhhh, but his very existence makes my blood boil!

“Of course, overseer. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.” Comes the snide, border-line polite answer. An answer which quite conveniently fails to say that there is no gain in this whatsoever. I sigh, and I feel Highmax’s eyes upon me. Calculating. Well, let him look. But I will comply with his wishes. The military need practice if they are to survive the onslaught from below, and what can a single dog do anyway? I look at the hulking form at my side, see the gleaming blades slanting down from his back. Indeed. What harm can it do?

“If it is to be done, then let it commence. OPEN THE GATES”

Just something tiny to tide you over.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:26:48 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 03, 2014, 02:47:05 pm »

28th Hematite

The gates grind open in front of me, revealing a dark maw filled with howling winds and swirling snow. The noise stops, and a new one begins. A low growl, vibrating through the very air. Highmax shifts and loosens his swords, and the men arrayed behind murmur their fear, feeling the wind bite deep despite their armour and furs. “Forward,” I whisper. “Forward.” My heart feels like lead…I have a terrible feeling. No sooner are the words past my lips than I regret them, but it is too late. Highmax twitches, the only one close enough to hear.

He takes a deep breath, then releases it in a massive blast of sound, drowning out even the growl. “FORWARD, MEN. FORWARD TO THE BREATCH” Like a well-oiled machine, the men roll forward. As in the march for the caverns, I cannot stop them now. This is Highmax’s domain, his call. I order the charge, he controls it. Spreads the blood, hacks the flesh. So it is in every fort, with every military commander and overseer. Though none have one quite as…unique as Highmax. The scene with the forgotten beast flashes in lurid blasts across my eyes, and I shudder.

The boots of the soldiers pound on the bridge, making it groan. The tramp of doom. I have a bad feeling about this. I stand back and let them past, the river of steel flowing past me, with Highmax the maddened froth at its head. In twos they plunge into the snow and are consumed. I did not know it at the time but none would ever again return across that threshold. None but one.

Cries come from beyond the veil of snow, and drawing a deep breath into my lungs I plunge into the fray. Shapes loom all about, but all seem to be shadows. Shades they may be, but they are Dwarven shadows; the soldiers. Only once do I see the beast itself. Walking through the snow I hear the death cries of men, the yips of a wounded animal. The rattle of bones and the oozing of flesh. A snout pokes from the mist, covered in gore. It takes a deep breath, inhaling the scents of fear; blood and sweat. A fell head covered in matted black fur then follows, teeth bared in a rictus grin.

Once, this beast had been a member of the fort. Long it patrolled the borders of our realm, one of the security dogs which ever kept us Dwarves safe in our beds. And now it is laid low by the very winds which blow across the lands it so faithfully defended. It started in the east. A groan was heard on the borders. The piercing winds which swept the land died down, and there was silence on the tundra. Silence before the storm. A new wind arose, a foul wind. It swept across the land, striking down two guard dogs. We Dwarves were safe; we were inside our hewn ice halls. The dogs were not, but they long ago succumbed to our traps after the fogs which raised them died down, giving the land back to the whistling winds. All but one. The toughest one, Hound of the Tundra!

A dog it was, and a dog it remains. It is stronger, yes, and harder to kill. But it shall succumb to Dwarven steel. The baleful eyes, sunken deeply into the flesh at the sides of its skull, seem to look at me with a light of madness burning deeply within them. I will kill you, those yes seem to whisper, my teeth will pierce your throat . I give a disgusted grunt, and heft my axe. Behind the mutt, the figures of the Soldiers rise. There are no holes in their ranks. I laugh at the pathetic remnant of a once-noble animal. It will be an honour to end its suffering; behind the madness in it eyes, I see a great tide of pain. My breath clouds the air in front of me, and the amount of snow seems to die down.

As the snow lessens, a figure is revealed in the murk to my left. Highmax. With a bloodcurdling yell he runs forward and stabs the dog. So quick, so brutal. It is over in seconds, me and the others staring in shock. The dog’s blood spurts upwards like a fountain, and all hear Highmax chuckling, a dark, evil sounding rumbling through the chill air. Even the staunchest of the soldiers trembles in his boots, and murmurs of outrage rumble through the men as Highmax raises the broken copse into the air above him, shouting his defiance of life, his unending lust for death. Soon his rantings cease and turn into a howl which seems to never end, wailing on and on above the wind. I can only look, horror clouding my mind.

One of the men walks forward, and I recognise him as Lor, the miner who felled a forgotten beast. Many of the men respect him and look up to him. A civilized sort, he retreated to a regiment of the army after his victory, and became a proficient soldier. To my eyes he is like Highmax. A leader, but a decent one. He has all of Highmax’s traits…except the blood lust. He steps forward with steel in his cobalt eyes. “Highmax. That’s enough Highmax. The creature is dead. Leave it be.” A whisper of agreement ripples through the troops. Even Highmax’s men join in, their heads bobbing in time with the others.

Highmax doesn’t appear to be listening. His head is thrown back in rapture, and I notice with revulsion that blood is dripping from the steaming corpse and into his mouth. Lor steps forward and puts his hand on his shoulder. With a snap Highmax’s sword comes round, piercing his chest with a quick, fluid stab. The men and I gawp as the blood spurts from his chest and he falls, wheezing, to the ground. The steel leeches from his eyes, and the body stills with a final gasp. Highmax stands over his kill.

The silence stretches on. Highmax, his eyes darting about, sword in hand, makes the first move. With a cry of fury he lunges. At me. I do not even feel the blade go in. I can only look into his bloodshot eyes, and spit blood into his face. A roar of anger starts and with fading sight I see the men rush Highmax. Then silence, blackness. I no longer exist. I am not me. I am an observer, a wraith on the edge of existence who has given up any rights to participation.

It was a red day, a time of blood and suffering. Twenty dwarves were killed by Highmax and a few of his most fervent followers. They swept through the force like a gale, killing all in their wake. Finally, only Highmax was left. Herded by a hastily made squad of Fortress Dwarves, he was herded kicking and screaming into a room by himself. The door was locked on his screaming figure, and there he stayed for many days. Many days, that is, until this happened.

15th Galena
In my absence a new mayor was appointed, one without divine help from above. They call him Apiks, and I find him a most diplomatic fellow. It was his idea to release the blood-crazed Highmax onto the Ettin, thus ensuring our survival. A most succinct plan, but somewhat lessened by the fact that he went stark raving mad after he made it and had to be slaughtered.

26th Galena
The death toll is so large that I see many dead from Tantrums and madness, the smell of death permeating everything. There are not enough living to move the dead, and the smell of the dead enrages the living. It is an unholy mess.
13th Sandstone
All is chaos. Blood and gore spatter the crystalline halls, corpses pile high in the corners and the crazed run babbling through puddles of vomit. And during all this, Blademan makes a mandate.

18th Sandstone.
Only one left…blademan. He survived us all, including me. His misery is heard in the near-mad cries of misery which issue from his throat. However, he yet clutches to the sanity which none have now in the halls of Fliermanor. It is only through the fruits of his labour that the fort
has not crumbled to its end.

19th Sandstone
10 migrants! Never before has the scourge of new arrivals been more welcomed! Rejoice! The corpses are being moved with the new force of migrant labour, blademan presiding over all.

21st Sandstone
This isn’t going to be touched. 11 Dwarves against the FB? No chance.

13th Timber

13th Moonstone

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8283
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 03, 2014, 03:32:22 pm »

Gj dude but i have a question why did highmax just go insane like that? I will tell next person its their turn

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 03, 2014, 04:06:26 pm »

You wanna know why he broke? I don't know. He was happy. Nothing wrong in his life. Then, upon attacking that dog, he started killing everyone, as did some of his friends in his squad. I don't know why...it was freaky. It was like a loyalty cascade, only how could that happen with a risen dog? He's an enigma
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sheaim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 03, 2014, 08:35:06 pm »

1st Granite, Year 16 of the Mountainhomes.

From what we have heard, the Fliermanor was a bloodbath. I was exiled there for the frauds I commited in the Mountainhomes,
and - to be frank - I deserved it.

I did not, however, expect this... carnage. Out of all the dwarves that had lived here only one lived - self-appointed "mayor"
of this icy coffin... Within a few months he already took one of the females that came with us as his wife. She had no choice, but to obey - his eves were...
Intimidating.

So - here we are. Twelve of us total. I'll try to get us through this...

5th Granite
I started exploring the interior of the fortress... And Armok, it's a mess. The first floor seems to be the first sheltering for
the dwarves living here...

The Crundles keep harrasing our farmers, but they are doing just fine.
Also, Blademan seems to have recovered from his sickness, whatever it was...

15th Granite
I did some inspections on the burial chambers... So many dead. But also, one question arises: Who buries animals when there are so many dead dwarves
still lying around unburied?

This will have to change. I have given the proper informations to the workshop... Many more coffins are to be made.

Too many good dwarves died here. I still can't quite put together what happened here, and Blademan keeps silent. I'll have to ask him,
what became of Highmax, of whom we have heard so much in the Mountainhomes.

This place gives me the creeps. All those corpses lying around, goblins caged... And the roars of two beasts from under the earth that echo through
the caverns. "Dream wings"... You have to have wings to dream here - and even then there will be something flying that can catch up...

23rd Granite

I... I've found the Grand Dining Room... It's...
The piles of vomit and animal blood... spilled booze and bloodied weapons just lying around...
All of this...
What happened here? What carnage could possibly...
I can't even comprehend what happened here.

28th Granite

The construction of the outer wall is almost complete. We will soon be safe from the outside, and I'll be able to concentrate on dealing with matters inside...
This fortress requires a lot of work.

1st Slate

Blademan stepped into Forgotten Beast's extract and is now complaining of his feet... They appear blistered, but it'll have to be checked.
Doc is already on it.

Just a quick overview of what I'm dealing with here...

Damn, this place is creepy. I have yet to figure out how to use the danger room and how to get rid of the gobbos in cages... For some reason the military guys refuse to kill them outright.
Any ideas?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 03, 2014, 09:07:25 pm »

Do this
xwx
xwx
xwx
x_D

Throw goblins in pit then chuck ice and stone on top of them or use them to level up your marks-dwarf with a sealed room that only entice is a hole in the ceiling and has fortifications so dwarfs can shoot them. Im so evil. :D
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39