Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

FEF2 Extended Edition?

Yas pls, for extra epicness and plot and FEF1 lore connections!
Nah, we had enough and this game should end with Julius' coronation.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 543

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2), OOC Thread. ~FIN~  (Read 356295 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2), OOC Thread. IT HAS BEGUN!
« Reply #885 on: August 31, 2013, 09:07:02 pm »

Am I allowed to have more than one class for my fault that I do badly against? I want to do both Soldiers and Knights and their promotions.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 31, 2013, 09:09:25 pm »

I have no idea why you would want to. Why hamstring yourself more than absolutely necessary? It's not like Haspen will let you have a better skill in exchange.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 31, 2013, 09:09:39 pm »

...Well, fuck. Dibs on any CON-boosting items we find, I guess.

Still, like I said she should be staying away from enemy attacks as much as possible anyway. This will just give extra incentive to do so.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 31, 2013, 09:09:44 pm »

Am I allowed to have more than one class for my fault that I do badly against? I want to do both Soldiers and Knights and their promotions.

The dedication to roleplay is strong with this one.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 31, 2013, 09:09:49 pm »

That doesn't make any sense at all. Being mounted is supposed to increase your CON. Wasn't there a big debate over how useless the AID stat was because you could use CON in exactly the same way?

I always figured that "weight" was just a typo because it isn't used anywhere else in the book except when referring to weapons.
No, being mounted does not increase your CON for purposes of battle, only rescuing. It's a weird thing FE did, and it's carried over into FEF. If that weren't the case, you'd see Pegasus Knights wielding Steel Lances without a dip in Evasion.

Well, think of it like this. The mount isn't the one wielding the lance, but it is the one carrying rescued units, thus it would contribute it's CON, or effective lifting ability, only to rescuing and not the fighting.

@Rolepgeek: What BMM said.

EDIT: @Sirius and FFS: POSTING WITHIN THE SAME 10 SECONDS AAGH

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 31, 2013, 09:13:28 pm »

Character is a deserter. Haspen might not let me have a better skill, but he might let me have a unique one.

Plus, my character is a deserter. If it was just Soldiers but not Knights, yet he is a Knight? Vice versa might work, but it also paints him as an aristocratic snob who doesn't care about betraying underlings.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 31, 2013, 09:13:58 pm »

Actually no, being mounted just makes you harder to rescue as it raises the hidden 'weight' stat. The prevalent idea that being mounted increases your CON is mostly because Haspen lists it as doing so in the character sheets, but that isn't the case as to how the rules actually play out if one were to look at the mage knight in FEF 1 or any other mounted unit with a weapon above their non-mounted CON. I assume he does so because the sheet would look weird if he added another stat.
That doesn't make any sense at all. Being mounted is supposed to increase your CON. Wasn't there a big debate over how useless the AID stat was because you could use CON in exactly the same way?

I always figured that "weight" was just a typo because it isn't used anywhere else in the book except when referring to weapons.

The debate was my own, and I wasn't debating over how AID was useless because you can use CON in exactly the same way, but rather that AID was CON given one point less, thus extraneous as you could simply say 'below your CON' instead of 'at your AID or below.'

Yeah, the book has a few problems as we can see. It's why I call 'weight' a hidden stat, it isn't shown on the sheet and not mentioned much because it is your CON. The only time it really comes up is with mounted units.

@Role: Totally. You can even make exceptions for such classes in your other skills, as I've done with Sal for Priests.

Edited for clarity and additional comments

The social rank and the class of Knight are divorced in this game as far as I know, so the skill set of the class isn't exactly socially restricted. Doesn't mean that one couldn't be both, just that this assumption might lead to silly instances which, while funny to point out, might not be intended.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:23:27 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 31, 2013, 09:23:58 pm »

I think this is a decent skill:
Building Momentum: If Cabel used all MOV in the previous round, +1 to MOV;

I'm just worried about the fact that it's Haspen who'll be GMing. This may be too un-min-maxed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 31, 2013, 09:26:43 pm »

I wouldn't argue against that skill. It would be especially useful when rejoining the group if you get separated.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 31, 2013, 09:29:50 pm »

Maybe, but I'm just using it to offset the fact that Knights have a base move of 4. The rest of the group will have a base move of 5. So, only if I'm moving my full amount will I be able to keep up.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 31, 2013, 09:34:05 pm »

When I'm a Lore Master, I'll have a base move of 8 and a max move of 9.

Passing this off as Candy's eventual magick skills being enhanced Fairy Magic. Everyone knows how fast those little suckers move.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 31, 2013, 09:36:17 pm »

When Grifen becomes a Nomad Medic, I think she'll have a maximum move of 10 (if she attacks).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 31, 2013, 09:37:17 pm »

Holy crap that's a lot. Did you take celerity or what

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 31, 2013, 09:37:38 pm »

When I'm a Lore Master, I'll have a base move of 8 and a max move of 9.

Passing this off as Candy's eventual magick skills being enhanced Fairy Magic. Everyone knows how fast those little suckers move.
I would have thought he's just really good at prancing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 543