Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

FEF2 Extended Edition?

Yas pls, for extra epicness and plot and FEF1 lore connections!
Nah, we had enough and this game should end with Julius' coronation.

Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 543

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2), OOC Thread. ~FIN~  (Read 356355 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

Well, let's consider threats.

The Siegemistresses probably need to be high priority due to their Paralysis Staves, but we cannot reach them yet.

After that, we have the Longbowman Sentries who are going to be pulling off exceptionally big hits if we let them live for long.

This is followed by the Generals and the Commanders who are not going down easily and can deal middling damage. The Generals are an interesting case as they hit twice, and therefore are greater threats.

Then we have the Crossbowman horde. They're going to punch holes in anyone who isn't wearing armor or isn't behind someone who has armor.

And then the Priests, who are the strongest mooks on the field, but they will likely be healing for most of the battle until it is too late.

---

So, thoughts.

I know Miguel can take a lot of hits from a lot of different sources, so I'd prefer to have him in the action and taking hits for a softer ally like Ciera or Alec. He's able to reach the Pillar Sentry, so perhaps I can have him do that right away with the Killer Rapier and hope for a crit. If he isn't dead, then Fezz should follow up and finish the job.

Then, I'm thinking Ciera should be in consideration receive a saintly boost of power. I don't see her falling quickly if Miguel is blocking for her, so she might be able to dish out a good lot of consistent damage if she's been blessed by Leo. Then if Leo gets danced, he can follow Sheila into battle and we can set up a 2x2,2x2 meat wall to protect people with consisting of PCs that aren't likely to fall quickly.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

One thing I've learned from my test game: enemies that buff other enemies are the devil. I suggest prioritizing the Heroes, they have charisma. After that its generally stopping the affliction staffs and healers, since paralysis will mess us up and enemies not going down is annoying. Fezz has the paralysis immunity item, so that being passed around as needed would be helpful. If he gets silenced, he may as well pass it off due to being unhelpful until silence is over.

Fezz can double kill everything (the mages if Grifen is around, he can only double the swordmaster with item help, generals assuming they don't become heroes and block 'em) but the boss, so he's free to be a wrecking ball. He also has Purge, although as it only attacks once he can't kill anyone with it that wouldn't be healed by a physic. Best used to pick off enemies from afar, when he can't reach them, so situational. Or if he's in wrath and has a high chance of critting.

It'll be a bloodbath, but we'll get through it. Since we're timed, drawing them out to get us a better spot isn't advisable, so we best just advance in a guarded fashion.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Full permission to auto Candy as usual if I'm lagging behind.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile

Ok. We haven't had a move yet, so I'll start things off by attacking the Sentry from 22,12 with the caveat that if Ciera ends her turn next to him, he'll Guard for her.

Assuming we go for Ciera, giving her the boost for now, we can have Leo be Candy Danced and follow Sheila into battle next turn with another blessing for her after she wails against either the General or the Commander. With Leo Guarding her, I'm fairly certain that she's unlikely to be targeted by anything that will actually down her and Leo, which allow her to go full murder hobo next round.
BIRDS.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Teheehee. Full murdur hobo.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 2 (FEF2), OOC Thread. full murder hobo.
« Reply #7940 on: March 31, 2016, 09:00:21 am »

Can Miguel guard ciera? They don't have a support rank, that's cyra. Though he did call her ciera. So maybe he's senile and confused the two? :-p

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: March 31, 2016, 09:20:02 am »

He's absolutely senile, yes. I'll change it to note Cyra instead. Which... My goal would also to have Cyra blessed instead of Ciera, since she too is likely to have a round before she really has to worry about getting hit thanks to Guard. My names are just all sorts of out of order today.
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: March 31, 2016, 10:37:09 am »

Giving cyra strength can't hurt

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: March 31, 2016, 03:06:00 pm »

So what exactly is the plan? I can't do anything to Cyra right now, she's kind of got people all around her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: March 31, 2016, 03:51:18 pm »

Miguel just moved, opening his space next to her.
BIRDS.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: April 01, 2016, 04:31:43 pm »

I'm open to suggestions.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Ok. We haven't had a move yet, so I'll start things off by attacking the Sentry from 22,12 with the caveat that if Ciera ends her turn next to him, he'll Guard for her.

Assuming we go for Ciera, giving her the boost for now, we can have Leo be Candy Danced and follow Sheila into battle next turn with another blessing for her after she wails against either the General or the Commander. With Leo Guarding her, I'm fairly certain that she's unlikely to be targeted by anything that will actually down her and Leo, which allow her to go full murder hobo next round.
This is hilariously opportunistic that senility is a plot and character building point :P
I believe you're very well able to pull it off excellently Birdy. :D

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: April 02, 2016, 08:28:37 am »

Just so you know, you're attacking a crossbow dude Tir. You're better off shooting the dude that Miguel attacked from one square behind him

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: April 03, 2016, 07:50:40 am »

* Haspen prods the people :v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: April 03, 2016, 01:58:50 pm »

Wait, one more question Birdy. Did you want me to Guard or Bless Sheila this round? I think Guard but I'm not certain.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 528 529 [530] 531 532 ... 543