Yes.
- 2 (100%)
Yes.
- 0 (0%)
Also Yes.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 78

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 4/5] [Normal]  (Read 73813 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Move to W66
Grab Health Kit
Grab Pain Pills
Move next to wherever Jim is at this point
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Move to weapon pile
Grab Health Kit
Grab Pipe Bomb
Stand next to Mark

Uriel spoke "We need to heal those dead on their feet before we move out. As far as I can see, that Jim, Mark and Damon, unless it 'just a flesh wound'."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...And I still haven't seen Monty Python... If we survive this, Python Marathon at my place."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

Survivor Turn

Spoiler: Survivor Turn (click to show/hide)

Infected Turn
Spoiler: Infected Turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chapter Awards (click to show/hide)

Damon rushed into the saferoom desperately searching for any health-kits he could find. While his own pain was considerable he knew it was nothing compared to Ugly Jim. After a brief glance he noticed a pile of weaponry and supplies. However what caught his eye the most was the reflective part of one of the four health-kits. Setting his flamethrower on the ground he rushed forward without any second thoughts. This is what nearly cost him his life.

“Die!” A feminine voice called from behind the safe-room door as it leveled its pistol at the young man. Barely missing Damon the figure took careful aim.

“Oh shit!” Damon cried as he dove behind a nearby table “Crazy person! Clair! Help!”

“Wait you talk?” The newcomer asked before she very nearly lost her head to Clair’s katana.

“Damn-it we still need him!” Cried the red-headed loon as she took another swipe at the shadow forcing it to step into the light revealing a woman wearing what appeared to be biker apparel.

“Woah woah woah calm down!” Cried the black-haired woman as she dodged more of Clair’s wild swings.

“Hm… Nope!”

“Damn it I thought he was infected!” The woman dodged another swing and, unlike the last few times charged forward knocking the Katana out of Clair’s hand.

“Shit!” Clair shouted as she dove for her weapon. Grasping the handle she rose up only to find herself staring face-first at the barrel of a pistol.

“Alright, let’s just talk this over okay?” The female said slowly.

“Clair!” Came another voice from the door revealing Ugly Jim pointing his pistols at the new arrival. A second later the barrel of a hunting rifle and six pistols were all pointing at the biker-lady.

“Okay see? This is all just a big mis-understanding.”

“Look kid,” Ugly Jim said as he considered pulling the trigger. However the new-comer was probably just lost and scared although he couldn’t say that he’d ever seen someone dressed like that who wasn’t at least a little unhinged. Granted his only reference was the movies he watched as a child.

“She was gonna shoot me!” Damon shouted as he finally recovered from his shock and pulled his own guns on the girl “We should waste her!”

“She’s put less bullets in me than you have.” Was Ugly Jim’s retort which quieted Damon almost immediately “Look lady, we just want to get to the truck stop okay? We’ll just keep moving and you can-“

“The truck stop? Why?” The new-comer seemed confused though she didn’t move her gun.

“Herbert.” Ali stated “He’s got a truck apparently… or a helicopter we didn’t see it. But we heard him saying he’d help anyone with weapons or supplies get out of the city.”

“Really? Mind if I tag along?” The new-comer asked.

“What!? You shot at me!”

“Wouldn’t you shoot at someone who was sprinting mindlessly?” The New-comer said as she turned her attention to Clair “If I move the gun will you not slice me to bits?”

“I’ll do my best.” Clair replied. This lady was becoming less fun since the sword-fight.

“Okay.” With that said the woman placed her pistol into its holster “See? I’m not gonna hurt anyone who’s not infected.”

“Good.” Was Ugly Jim’s only reply as the remainder of the party entered the room with Ali shutting the door behind them.

Taking a glance around the room this place looked like a cheap office building. It would appear that the parking garage led into two separate offices though this one was much lower-state than the last. Still, if the numbering on the walls was any indication this office was on the second floor. They were finally near the streets.

“So… You look pretty bad off.” The New-comer said pointing at Jim “You get hit by a Gorilla?”

“A what?”

“One of the big ones. They can punch through concrete… I call them Gorillas… I dunno what you’d call them.”

“We went with Tank.” Ali said glancing towards the Health-kits “You uh… Mind if we?”

“No, go ahead. I don’t need them.”

Clair and Damon jumped at these words as they examined each piece of assembled hard-ware and health supplies. Grabbing what they needed they both approached the rest of the group while the Stranger moved back into the shadows to stand in the corner. Perhaps to keep an eye on the new arrivals in the room though none of the group could be sure.

“So… CAN I come?” The stranger repeated as she took stock of each of them.

The group each looked at each-other. A new member would be helpful but… They didn’t know her.

“I say we vote.” Ali and Jim said at the same time.

“Hell no! She shot at me!” Damon stated immediately.

“I’m not leaving someone behind to die. Enough people are gone already and I might not make it. We need all the hands we can get.” Ugly Jim stated.

“She’s good at dodging. So I say yes.” Clair stated “But she needs a better jacket.”

“Says the woman in a straight jacket.” Damon muttered though no-one heard him.

“I say yes.” Ali replied though she seemed wary of the new-comer.

“No.” Mark stated “She shot at Damon right? I mean, she might attack us! But… I don’t know. Can I abstain? I’d rather be safe than sorry.”

Turning towards Jeffrey the group merely saw him nod ‘yes’ before he signed a quick [I was new to the group once too. Besides, we all would have shot if a stranger ran into our safe-room like that.]

Clair quickly translated this entirely correctly, to Jeffrey’s surprise, and Ugly Jim did a quick tally. “So that’s one no, four yeses, and one abstain. You’re in the group kid.”

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Status (click to show/hide)

So there we go! I’ve been pretty excited about adding Melody for quite some time now. So more group tension AND a new player! I’m pretty excited! I’ve had this written up since Thursday morning! Hopefully her introduction as to everyone’s liking. Originally the script called for Melody to have grabbed Damon resulting in a sort of hostage situation where she’d think they were psychopaths before Ali asked to at least be able to tend to the wounded team-mates. This would show compassion [a trait lacking in psychopaths] and convince her that they were fine. I dropped this because that’s a bit MORE dark than I’d like and would be harder to deal with than the mistaken identity route.

Also the background color changes with each chapter as you may have noticed. I like purple, so we’re doing purple now.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 3] [Advanced]
« Reply #649 on: December 20, 2013, 09:20:14 am »

Actions:
Go to the weapons pile
Pick up the Defibulator, and the bilebomb
Get healed (presumably).
[/quote]

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 20, 2013, 10:22:09 am »

Melody cracked a smile at the thought of not being alone anymore. She was glad to be around people again even if they didn't trust her. As she observed the half-dead group before her, she wondered what kind of hell they'd been through and realized that she'd almost made it worse. She felt horrible about her mistake and decided she'd do her best to make up for it. Almost without thinking she moved forward to help.

Actions:
Move near weapon pile and Mark
Pick up health kit
Heal Mark
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 20, 2013, 10:26:46 am »

"Jim. stay still"

Move to Jim and heal him up
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 20, 2013, 11:40:52 am »

Move to Weapon Stash
Acquire First Aid Kit
Move to Ammo Stash
Acquire Ammo

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 20, 2013, 01:19:53 pm »

Get healed
Restore ammo (if possible)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 21, 2013, 07:52:56 pm »

Why is my character suddenly slowly going insane and douchey?

Also, I have put 0 bullets into Ugly Jim. I've simply coated him with copious amounts of flammable liquid.

Heal Jim
Move to Weapon Pile
Pick up Defribillator
Take Pain Pills
Grab Bile Bomb

I don't need healed yet. Besides, this is what the defribillator is for.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 22, 2013, 03:52:29 am »

"Jim. stay still"

Move to Jim whoever still need a heal and heal him up

wait for now

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 22, 2013, 05:06:05 am »

Why is my character suddenly slowly going insane and douchey?

Also, I have put 0 bullets into Ugly Jim. I've simply coated him with copious amounts of flammable liquid.

Heal Jim
Move to Weapon Pile
Pick up Defribillator
Take Pain Pills
Grab Bile Bomb

I don't need healed yet. Besides, this is what the defribillator is for.

Most people don't react well to being shot at. Plus I've always played Damon as kinda a jerk though he's not a bad guy. Just a bit grouchey.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 23, 2013, 12:55:34 pm »

Survivor Turn

Spoiler: Survivor Turn (click to show/hide)

Infected Turn
Spoiler: Infected Turn (click to show/hide)

Ugly Jim sighed in relief as the cooling balm the group had found in the health kit took effect. He wasn’t sure whether or not it was actually cooling but it did make him feel better and was supposed to help prevent infections in burns. It still hurt bad if he twisted certain ways but he wasn’t planning on doing yoga. He just wanted to be sure he’d be able to move quickly enough to protect the group if needed. “So, you said there was ammo in here?”

“Huh?” Melody looked at Ugly Jim, trying hard not to wince at the painful looking wounds all around his body, before she realized what he’d asked “Oh yeah, over there. There’s lots of ammo. Some of it I’ve never even heard of.” So saying she returned to her self-appointed task of healing Damon.

“No.” Damon said when she started walking towards him with the health-kit in her hands.

“What? But you’re hurt pretty bad.”

“Ugly Jim and Mark are more hurt… I’ll be fine.”

Melody didn’t seem to take this well. “Look I said I was sorry. I thought you were infected.”

Damon shook his head “It’s not about that.” He glanced at Ugly Jim when he said this though she couldn’t really place why. Maybe Ugly Jim was the leader and had forbidden the others from healing Damon?

“Alright I guess… I’ll heal Mark then. He looks pretty bad off too.”

“Damn…” Ugly Jim sighed as he sifted through the assorted ammunition. Normally he hated guns but he did feel a little better about the whole situation knowing he had a way to defend himself. Grabbing some ammo for his pistols he holstered them before grabbing his Heavy Machine Gun and setting it on the floor gently, almost as if it were a child, and sitting down beside it.

“Any luck?” Ali asked worried for the large man as she worked on reloading several clips at once. It was an odd way to handle it but she felt better about the whole situation when she was spreading the ammo evenly across the magazines.

“No… Nothing even close to big enough for it…” Ugly Jim started petting the gun as if it were a favored dog that needed to be put down “It’s going to sound weird but… It felt kinda nice having a gun as big as I was. Plus it helped us out with that Tank. What if we run into another?”

“Well… I don’t know.”

Ugly Jim started chuckling to himself “I feel like a psychopath a bit. Getting so attached to a gun.”

“It did save Damon’s live Jim. I’m rather attached to my rifle. They keep us safe and… Oh god,” Ali began laughing as well “I sound like one of those hard-core right-wing gun-wankers…”

“Heh, yeah. I never really thought I’d be feeling bad about leaving a gun behind though.”

“You don’t have to Jim. I’m sure we’ll find am-“

“Don’t worry about it.” Ugly Jim cut Ali off as he lumbered to his feet leaving the gun upon the ground its tripod propping it up. “It was a good ride but the odds of me finding any ammo for this thing are astronomical. It’s a pure military piece I’d assume. I doubt any ammo caches have been left behind. These safe-rooms were already a huge expense. I doubt they’d leave this kind of ammo around in bulk. Me protecting you kids is much more important than any sentimentality. Sometimes things have to be left behind.”

“Jim… Are you okay? I’m starting to think this isn’t about the gun.”

“It’s not.” Was all Ugly Jim said as he started walking away to glance out the slit in the door.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Status (click to show/hide)

Awesome! New layout for the Player Status screen. I wasn’t sure how it’d be but I think it pops a bit more now and should be even easier to find your person as the [intended effect] multi-colors should be easier to find rather than the greys merging together. Had to mess a bit with Ugly Jim, Clair, Melody, and Jeffrey’s coloring though due to the Health and Ammo stuff being Red and Green respectively. Plus they all share their color with someone else. So… Is the new status screen better or should I revert to the old one?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 23, 2013, 12:58:25 pm »

Actions:
Grab Ammo
Move to AA64
Overwatch with dual pistols.
[/quote]

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 23, 2013, 01:42:29 pm »

Take SMG instead of HMG
Move to AA24
Open doors
overwatch
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 78