Yes.
- 2 (100%)
Yes.
- 0 (0%)
Also Yes.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 78

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 4/5] [Normal]  (Read 73790 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 3] [Advanced]
« Reply #675 on: December 25, 2013, 09:11:53 am »

Maybe I'm just being dull now I'm bloated with food but that makes no sense to me.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 25, 2013, 10:03:09 am »

Player is where the player is standing and since explosive ammo doesn't harm allies or the player no damage is done there. The light green is [A], Orange is (B], and Yellow is [C]. For the flamethrower A = 200, B and C = 150. The formulas are grouped by color where they both use the same formula.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 25, 2013, 01:45:57 pm »

Move to ag64
overwatch
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 27, 2013, 02:21:11 pm »

Survivor Turn

Spoiler: Survivor Turn (click to show/hide)

Infected Turn
Spoiler: Infected Turn (click to show/hide)

Melody was rather impressed with how well the group she was with fell into a pattern when fighting the infected. It reminded her of some of the cop shows she had seen where two members would always take point and the others would cover them as needed. It wasn’t perfect, Damon didn’t seem to be doing much in all honesty though from what she gathered he was a solo-player anyways with that flamethrower of his. She found herself looking back at him while she fought another infected.

He glanced back at her with a raised eye-brow as though he were wondering what she was doing. It gave her the vibe that he still hadn’t forgiven her accidental firing earlier.

Taking her eyes off of him she turned to Ugly Jim “Hey Jim, think he’ll forgive me?”

Ugly Jim didn’t hear her the first time over the combined firing of three smg’s, a hunting rifle, and two pistols so she was forced to repeat herself twice more before he answered “I don’t know kid. He’s a good kid but… Well he’s seen his entire family die.”

“Haven’t we all though?”

“He saw them die in front of his eyes. Picked off one by one by the infected.”

“He didn’t have to kill them himself though…”

“What?” Ugly Jim asked. None of the survivors had really put any effort into prying at Melody’s past but if she was willing to open up he’d listen.

“Nothing… I still don’t see why he’s being such an ass about it. I apologized! What else could I have done? He look-“

“Infected? We know. We don’t blame you. Just give it time. I’m sure he’ll come around. You did shoot at him after all.”

“Didn’t he shoot you? Like actually hit you?”

“… Yes.” As much as Jim didn’t want to admit it he had to. Melody had every right to know what she was getting into by joining the group. Friendly Fire was more common than he’d like. Especially since it seemed to be his large frame that got hit most often. Better him than the others though.

“So what gives him the right-“

The gunfire died down as Jim turned towards her to give his response “He did it on accident kid. You fired at him on purpose. I think the distinction in his mind is the intention behind the shot. Not the damage it causes.”

“Still…”

“I agree. I’ve moved on. Hell I thought I’d die from it but… Well those health kits sure have a lot of stuff in them. Whoever made them sure was an amazing company to pack so much in.”

“I think it was Umbrella.”

“Was it? Hm… Anyways-“ Jim was about to continue when the group heard a grotesque laughter.

“Rider!” Clair called out as she reloaded her rifle from the earlier combat.

“Rider? What’s that?”

“Laughing little mutant. It’ll hop onto you and steer you away from the group and into fire or spitter acid or off a building.”

“Why not just fall over? Then it can’t do anything right?” Melody asked. Seemed straight forward to her “Does it bite or anything?”

“No, but the way it steers you hurts a bit.” Clair offered up.

“Johnny got hit by one.” Damon spoke up while glaring at Clair “He says he tried to fall over but the little Jockey bastard’ll use it’s legs or arms to keep you upright.”

“Huh… I-“ A second laughter joined the first and was nearing them.

“Coming around the corner, a pair of them? What?” Jim asked, it wasn’t rare to have two similar specials attack in succession as his Karma Charger incident taught him. But two of the same type at once?

“Go.” Damon said gesturing for those in front of him to move to their left. A gesture Melody didn’t catch.

“Oh hell no!” Melody replied “No one’s going out there to act as bai-“

“No you idiot!” Damon shouted at her hefting his flamethrower “Get out of the way! Move left!”

The three in front of him did so as the laughter culminated in a jockey wearing a pair of red boxers hopped around the corner followed closely by a second wearing blue briefs. The two seemed to be in some maniac form of race as they’d constantly run forward and hop over and past one another. They saw Damon at the same time and began their race anew. It was when they were almost upon him that Damon unleashed the explosive concoction within his flamethrower.

Each of the survivors were forced to look away as the brightly burning substance nearly blinded them. When they opened their eyes they saw no remains of either of the jockeys or the infected.

“Damn!” Clair shouted in glee “Burned right to hell!”

“And you got hit with that!?” Melody called out turning to Jim who non-commitally shrugged.

“So… Yeah. Shall we proceed?” Damon grinned.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Status (click to show/hide)

That wasn’t the treat by the way... Anyways, I’m nerfing the Double Barrel Shotgun. I’m lowering its damage from 100/75/50 to 75/60/50 because otherwise, with Quick Fire, it is a straight upgrade to the Pump Shotgun but far too weak to be on par with the Auto-Shotgun. Hopefully this makes the choice between Pump and Double Barrel a harder one.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 09:15:51 pm by Nerjin »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 27, 2013, 02:31:42 pm »

"Dear god I love this thing," the kid says giddily, under his breath, a maniacal grin plastered over his face as he strides forward confidently, flamethrower up and ready.

Move to AH60
Flamethrower any infected nearby; don't hit my friends. Hit as many targets as possible.
Crouch
Covering Fire after a tick. Try to hit as many undamaged targets as possible.

((EDIT: Ohhhhh. I didn't realize quite how the Explosive ability worked. That's a crap-ton of damage. And spread, for that matter.

It's funny to me that the farther away they are(whilst still being within 3 squares) the more damage they take. I guess it takes time for the fuel mixture(presumably the same as in fuel-air bombs) to really reach full temperature. In the meantime, it keeps moving forward.

Also I'm gonna try to be in front of the group crouching as much as possible, but if you end up getting ahead, make sure to crouch so I don't kill you please?))
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:44:33 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 27, 2013, 03:57:15 pm »

Melody felt a smidge of grim satisfaction as she watched the infected die. She moved ahead eager for more.

Reload
Move to AI 61
Crouch
Shoot any infected with SMG
Overwatch with pistols if points remain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 27, 2013, 07:41:49 pm »

Move to AH60
Crouch
Shoot Infected with SMG
Reload
Overwatch with SMG

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 27, 2013, 08:09:03 pm »

Actions:
Move to AI62
Shoot any infected with dual pistols
Overwatch last action
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 12:16:57 am by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 27, 2013, 09:10:46 pm »

Just to point this out, I was actually really happy to see the double jockeys. I was somewhat less happy to see them incinerated instantly. I'm thinking of how to balance the 17.5K damage the flamethrower deals in a single go. What I'm thinking is less of a nerf to the Flamethrower and more of a nerf to the Ammo packs. Instead of giving you a full clip of "free" shots they could instead replace the ammo you already have in the clip and still count towards your total usages.

Thoughts?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 28, 2013, 12:15:30 am »

It'd be a nerf (and a fairly large one at that) to any weapons that use Rare Ammo, really. Can't replenish your ammo at all, then. Not sure what else to do. You could nerf the explosive ability.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 28, 2013, 06:43:53 am »

That's kind of the point. The rare weapons aren't supposed to be something you can take through several levels. At this rate you'd have around 9 shots. Then the two other ammo packs will give you 16 more shots. So you have 25 shots right now with the flamethrower. Doesn't that strike you as a bit much?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 28, 2013, 09:22:52 am »

Move up
Overwatch

((Could do with the map showing a bit more, i think. Is the road only two blocks high or is the map just not showing it?

And with the flamthrower, there are a couple of options you could do. It could be liek the HMG with a mag size of 1 or 2 but have Rapid Relaod, or you simply could have ammo packs not applicable to the flamethrower, somethiong that makes slightly more sense as well. I know its somewhat nebulous what ammo packs actually are, containing one magazine per person of that precise ammunition, but flamer fuel is still a bit odd to have in a ammunition box. Would solve the problem as well. The ammo packs grant either more damage to specials or better crowd control - the flamer has both of those integrated by it's very nature. ))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 28, 2013, 09:44:47 am »

((Could do with the map showing a bit more, i think. Is the road only two blocks high or is the map just not showing it?

Actually you guys are still inside of a building right now. The streets are a bit larger than this.

And with the flamthrower, there are a couple of options you could do. It could be like the HMG with a mag size of 1 or 2 but have Rapid Relaod,

I kind of like that idea. It'd fix most problems with it.
or you simply could have ammo packs not applicable to the flamethrower, somethiong that makes slightly more sense as well. I know its somewhat nebulous what ammo packs actually are, containing one magazine per person of that precise ammunition, but flamer fuel is still a bit odd to have in a ammunition box. Would solve the problem as well. The ammo packs grant either more damage to specials or better crowd control - the flamer has both of those integrated by it's very nature. ))

I also like this idea. I've toyed with the idea of having none of the ammo packs affect any weapon with the Rare Ammo trait. I'll have to think on both of these for a bit. Expect a definitive answer by the next update.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 28, 2013, 05:08:50 pm »

Move to AH 61
Overwatch only
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 29, 2013, 12:22:22 pm »

Guess who just fixed a glaring problem with the Grenade Launcher not actually having accuracy? This guy!

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 78