Yes.
- 2 (100%)
Yes.
- 0 (0%)
Also Yes.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 78

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 4/5] [Normal]  (Read 73832 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

Guess who's updating this game tomorrow!?

Spoiler: The Answer (click to show/hide)
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woops... I guess not. Update first thing i the morning. I swear.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Something just occurred to me.

It goes survivor 5 ticks
then infected five ticks with survivor overwatch, yes?

So if you fire 4 times and overwatch and the last tick you can then fire five more times on each infected tick.

So opposed to 750 damage firing five times for Jim 4shots+overwatch could do 1350 damage.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To make up for the fact that I can’t seem to get my internet to submit the pictures just yet here’s a small ‘Backstory update’ for Clair. The others will follow as I think of them. If you have suggestions or ideas for your character's backstory simply PM them to me.

Spoiler: Backstory: Clair (click to show/hide)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Survivor Turn

Spoiler: Survivor Turn (click to show/hide)

Infected Turn
Spoiler: Infected Turn (click to show/hide)

The gun fire, the screaming, all of it. All of it whizzed through Ali’s mind as she watched the howling monstrosity beat Damon into a bloody pulp. Without even realizing it she turn around and ran. “To the safe-room! Better safe than sorry! It’ll all be okay in the safe-room! Better safe than sorry better safe than sorry bettersafethansorrybettersafethansorrybettersafethansorry!”

Her mad flight was interrupted by a scream from Damon. She had heard it before. Back when the infection first hit this city. She had seen it on the news. A man was being ripped apart by the infected and no one stopped to help him. Was she really that cruel? Hadn’t Damon helped her? No. She refused to run away and leave her new friends to die.

Whirling around once she reached the end of the hallway, tears still in her eyes, she lined her sights up on the Tank “No one dies today you son of a bitch!” She said through the sobs still racking her body as she began mechanically placing shots into the hulking creature.

A few moments prior during Ali’s flight Clair was having her own troubles as she barely managed to dodge the large fists of the Tank that sought Damon’s blood. It was really a miracle that she was able to roll away from the two of them “I’ll be right back.” She whispered to Damon though she was fairly certain he did not hear her.

Standing up next to Ugly Jim she did the one thing no one expected. She ran away. Her original plan had been to get slightly further away so that she’d be more accurate with the rifle whose pin-point accuracy was more of a hindrance at close range. Unfortunately a cry of pain filled the air as the ground shook with the force of the Tank’s attack. “No time!” She yelled as she whipped around and started firing at medium range. While most of her shots missed the ones that didn’t did some real damage.

Damon was oblivious to all of this. After one last cry of pain he went silent. He was still very much alive, yes, and very much aware of the pain. But it was like the pain was happening to someone else. He knew it existed. He knew what it meant for him. But as the large fists crashed into him again he wondered. Would it hurt to die? It didn’t hurt when the Tank hit him. At least not after the third or fourth time. Granted Damon had stopped counting after the first stunning blow. He vaguely looked at the tuft of hair on the Tank. It reminded him of a girl he knew. He had been briefly infatuated with her. Especially the weird colors she’d dye her hair. He wondered if he’d see her in the after-life. He wondered if there was an afterlife. Oh, the fists again? That sucks. Damon wasn’t lucid enough to understand what was happening. He wondered how long he had left. Not long, he reckoned.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Status (click to show/hide)

Well… That was a delight to watch. So I’m thinking that Tank’s are decently powerful to be a threat in confined spaces. It’s good to know. Fun fact: Ali would’ve incapacitated Jeff AND Mark had she not been in Overwatch. Because as we all know, Overwatch and Covering Fire can not result in stray bullets.

Also, Damon’s dying. You should do something about that.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actions:
Move to N56
Revive Damon
Shoot the Tank and overwatch, or only overwatch if only 1 action left after reviving Damon.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh you big joker you. No. Damon is being attacked by the tank and, as such, is not able to be picked up. He is effectively pinned though he can still take some actions. Same thing for the witch attacks.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hey, I had to try :P ))

Actions:
Shoot shoot shoot! (SMG)
Reload
Overwatch (SMG)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:24:36 am by RangerCado »
[/quote]

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

(wow, my luck came back to haunt me... thankfully in overwatch)

''History lesson, the 100 year war. Line infantry, line up. Reload, aim, FIRE! Reload, aim FIRE!'' Though her voice was weak and shaky, Ali was determined to save Damon now, and delved into a recess of her brain that separated her from reality, as she methodically kept up a rate of fire against the Tank

Reload.
Careful aim.
Shoot tank.
Reload.
Overwatch.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Amy took aim "We have to save him." Clair's voice rang in her head "We will." Uriel's, calming instead of cold for once "Let me think, will ya." Amy whispered at them, wishing she was alone. It seem that Sue was gone for now "I think we should kill him." The rest ignored the nameless voice. Amy had took control when they gave her a name, they didn't want a voice that suggested murder every time in control.

Reload
Careful aim
Shoot
Reload
Overwatch
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Damn it!" Ugly Jim growled through his teeth. The heavy machine gun bucked in his arms like a wild beast, but he held it unerringly on target, the heavy bullets bursting red explosions of gore from the tank's meaty arms and torso.

Shoot it until out of HMG ammo then switch to dual pistols

((would a tank be distracted by a bile bomb?))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Specials and Uber-Zombies are not affected by the bile jar. Although it will lower his sight radius and spawn a horde of commons that'll attack him.

If a special is coated in bile they DO lose their sight radius [theirs behaves the same as a survivors] and sets commons on them.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((So, just like the game :P Only thing we'll have to worry about then will be the tank throwing rubble at us))
[/quote]

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Commons are more powerful since we're in advanced mode.

This should have been done in the first place.

3875-2045=1835; 650 of that damage was from flamethrower/overwatch. This is important because it means I'm probably going to die, especially now that we're out of most of our ammo, including the HMG, our primary source of damage during non-overwatch times.

This should be done now, anyway. Hordes can be handled. If I somehow don't die next turn(Goddamnit Clair, just use the fucking katana; 75*5 is greater than 175*2), which will happen if the tank survives to tick 2 of his turn, by the way, I should be able to slaughter any remaining ones with an auto-kill explosive shotgun meaning I affect a 3 square base 4 square long 5 square wide cone.

Can you overwatch with a melee weapon to attack with it against enemies near you on infected ticks?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:27:20 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think we can kill the tank before Damon dies. We can deal around 1585 damage as a maximum, if Clair uses the katana five times, Ali shots her bolt action twice, Ugly Jim fires HMG twice and 2xpistol 3 times, Jeffrey fires 2xpistol five times and Mark fires his smg 4 times in double tap. If he doesn't reload we can bump the damage up to 1625 if he fires his 2xpistol twice.

If you deploy the incendiary ammo before turn two we can do 1880 damage in my calculations - as long as no one misses. If Ugly Jim misses with the HMG even once, he's dead for sure. If The bolt action rifle misses once, damon is dead. If anything but a single 2xpistol shot misses, damon ends as crunchy paste.

That's with the Incendiary ammo taking a single turn to unpack, which as far as I remember it does, but we were quite terrible at remembering details to do with them.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 78