Yes.
- 2 (100%)
Yes.
- 0 (0%)
Also Yes.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 78

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 4/5] [Normal]  (Read 73717 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 1] [Normal] [Wait listing]
« Reply #225 on: September 15, 2013, 12:27:25 pm »

(I like the idea of both, actually. Covering fire to only shoot once, and overwatch to shoot as often as possible/needed, but still have the 'is it dead?' mechanic)

"KILL IT NOW!" the kid screamed as he jammed a new clip in the gun, bracing it his shoulder as the Charger barreled towards him. Once it was close, he unleashed a spray of bullets into it's head.

Reload
Move to AA17
Fire at Charger three times on full auto(six shots)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 1] [Normal] [Wait listing]
« Reply #226 on: September 15, 2013, 12:35:08 pm »

"Jim, with me."

Reload
move to U19
Overwatch
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 15, 2013, 12:36:34 pm »

((sounds good on both fronts, though i'll probably say overwatch when i mean covering fire quite often. Too much XCom.
I actually assumed you'd treat commons as a single 'entity' in the first place rather than a load of individuals - i thought you were doing so. It should be a lot quicker, and too much dice-rolling and time taken can really sap the fun out of a game like this. We don't want it to seem like a chore for you, because I'm quite enjoying it so far.))

"I hear you, watch the acid!"

Climb onto desk Y17
Reload
shoot at the charger
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:38:39 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 15, 2013, 12:57:39 pm »

''S-so, shoot the big ones, right?'' Ali asked, nervously.

Reload and then Overwatch with emphasis on the bigger things.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 15, 2013, 01:56:16 pm »

Update

- Added Overwatch. A variant of Covering Fire that fires at all valid targets instead of just one.
- Added the Hulk ability to the Tank. If the Tank moves into certain terrain obstacles he will knock it 4 squares in a random direction. Survivors hit by this are treated as if hit by a Rock throw.

-Changed Covering Fire. Now only shoots once at a single valid target.
-Changed Covering Fire. Now has a chance to not fire at a enemy who is killed by someone else's bullet.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 15, 2013, 09:12:11 pm »

((sounds good on both fronts, though i'll probably say overwatch when i mean covering fire quite often. Too much XCom.
I actually assumed you'd treat commons as a single 'entity' in the first place rather than a load of individuals - i thought you were doing so.

Well they moved and attacked as one unit but I had them each individually tagged as "Infected 1" "Infected 2" and so on. Early on it wasn't so bad as the highest number was under 6 but... Well now with around 11+ commons plus Uncommons and specials and all of you... Well I just changed how I tagged them. No more "Infected 1" now it's just "Group of 3 at AA12" which is easier for me to go around with.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 15, 2013, 09:14:15 pm »

Actions:
Reload
OverwatchX4 (Dual Pistols double shot)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2013, 09:19:16 pm »

Well I'm actually super excited to progress this game so you'll get an update tonight.

Also: You don't have to type Overwatchx4. It automatically ends your turn and just... does it's thing...

FURTHERMORE: I'm thinking of changing the "Chapter Select" screen from having each turn [supposedly] and will instead of a synopsis of events with interesting turns linked. Anyway... ONTO THE TURN!

Fun Bonus Fact: Infected spawn at the start of the Survivors turn.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Highway to Hell: Lone Wolf Pounced
« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2013, 10:28:58 pm »

Survivor Turn

Spoiler: Survivor Turn (click to show/hide)

Infected Turn
Spoiler: Infected Turn (click to show/hide)

”S-so shoot the big one?” Ali asked calming as the alarm tapered off to nothingness. Her momentary anger forgotten it was replaced by fear of the hulking brute coming for her.

“Do you want me to aim the gun for you princess!?” Damon shouted as he unloaded bullet after bullet into the hulking beast who barely seemed to register the shots.

“D-damn!” Ali shouted as she fired her small gun into the beast who now towered over her until a shotgun blast caught its attention.

“I ain’t losing anyone else today!” Ugly Jim shouted as he racked another round into the chamber.

A loud BANG was heard. Solitary as the Charger fell over. It’s face pierced by a single small caliber round.

“That my friend… is how you handle a zombie.” Mark said with a twinkle in his eye “You just gotta charge in head on.”

“Jim?” Clair’s voice came from the hallway causing the assembled survivors to momentarily ignore the horde charging them to look for Clair. “Are you still back there?” The question was followed by three loud bangs and then the unmistakable sound of a Hunter pouncing “Oh yeah? Come at me you pancy ass coward!” The loud sound of flesh being torn and bludgeoned from multiple sources rang out “Ha! I’ve had worse cuts from a- OH SHIT! I’m bleeding! GUYS!? HELP!”

Quote from: Map Key
Dashed Green Line = Open Door
Dashed Orange Line = Open Door
Double Orange Line = Closed Door
Purple Dotted Line = Air Duct [No survivors may enter]
Brown Space = Desks. May be climbed upon at the cost of an extra movement square.
Green SP = Spitter
H/* = Clair pinned by a Hunter

Spoiler: Marks/Ranger Cado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ali/Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Damon/Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Well on the bright side the horde is tapering off. On the down side Clair could very likely die and the way is barred by acid. SOOOOO…. Have fun with that.

I hope you all have learned your lesson today.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2013, 10:34:20 pm »

Actions:
Open fire on the hunter until dead.
Open fire on the Riot till dead.
Covering Fire.
((All with double shots from dual pistols))

((Reasons for not shooting the spitter: So Clair can get past her and then shoot it herself, allowing her a little room to get away from the acid.))
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:39:51 pm by RangerCado »
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2013, 10:35:30 pm »

Mind if I ask why the single shots?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2013, 10:36:46 pm »

((Its more accurate right? I don't want to hit Clair... unless we're using the Left for Dead rule that people trapped by hunters can't get hit by bullets, then i'll go with double shots. Same if the accuracy is the same.))
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2013, 10:38:36 pm »

It is not more accurate. You CAN hit Clair but that's only if you miss the Hunter. So go ahead and edit that turn if you want.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2013, 10:40:08 pm »

edited.
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 16, 2013, 12:19:20 am »

I think I'm going to edit something in the maps from now on. As you may have noticed the "Spray Painted" Fog of War sorta... has some issues with going all the fuck over the place. Furthermore it's hard to get it to be properly spray...-ey? Anyway the dispersal takes time to do so I think I'm just going to put some sort of "Red Square of No Seeing" in the squares you can't see perfectly but are aware of their existence.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 78