Yes.
- 2 (100%)
Yes.
- 0 (0%)
Also Yes.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 78

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 4/5] [Normal]  (Read 73702 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 1] [Normal] [Wait listing]
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2013, 03:10:55 pm »

I'm aiming it more for a RP challenge on my part. Pointing and gesticulating should be enough most of the time.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead: Back 4 More [Highway to Hell: Chapter 1] [Normal] [Wait listing]
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2013, 03:50:48 pm »

The crossed-health idea seems good. Will it be reset if healed with a healthpack like in the games?

And i feel like, to be really honest, five people is enough per run. Too many people and it'll get messy and harder to balance. Also , a mute character seems kinda, hmmm. When people are desperately trying to survive, I don't think they'd want to stop and read someone's hands. Out of everyone I know, no-one knows sign language (though they could all speak it as a convenience in-game.) Trying not to come across as a dick here.

It will reset when healed as is mentioned indirectly in the OP. The crosses are just an art thing to keep track of it.

Alright I can see your point though. I suppose if the vote fails but enough people sign up for the wait-list I could make a second game with a second campaign.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2013, 04:07:51 pm »

Actions:
Shoot any alerted infected when the door opens. (SMG)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2013, 04:47:52 pm »

((BAAAAAAAAAAACK! Totes up for a 6th... but after we've completed this run to the next safe house I feel. Which was the earlier suggestion anyways.))

''Ew, ew, ew, ew, ohmygoshew!'' Ali frantically wiped herself from the slime, panicking a little. As she recollected herself, she shakily reloaded her weapon and kept herself in the rear, checking her back from time to time in paranoia.
''Th-thanks for saving my life.'' She added in sincerely to the two.

Actions:
Skip first turn.
Reload weapon.
Take up rear-guard action and remaining a square behind as per normal.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2013, 06:19:15 pm »

Survivor Turn
Spoiler: Survivor Turn (click to show/hide)

Infected Turn
Spoiler: Special Infected (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Common Infected (click to show/hide)

The constant chirping and gagging sounds from down the hall got louder as the group tried to put the entire Smoker incident behind them.

“Thanks for s-saving me Damon. You too Jim.” Ali stated as she wiped the saliva off of her clothing. It was a bit disconcerting to be covered, almost literally, in someone else’s drool.

Damon smiled a little at the compliment while Jim simply nodded.

“Are you three gonna stop making out with the Smoker or get up here?” Clair asked in a bit of a less than pleased voice. It would appear a different personality was in charge at this point.

“Yeah we’re coming.” Damon shouted back. It was odd how this group seemed to feel so safe compared to his family’s constant fear. He actually felt like things couldn’t go bad. “Hey Jim, let’s go down this hallway while Mark and Clair check that supply closet alright?”

“Doesn’t sound bad to me. Ali you stay here. Try to keep this hallway covered. Don’t want any more surprises. Damon, I’ll take point.”

“Alright.”

As the two men walked down the hallway they saw a small glow in the darkness.

“What is tha- Oh my fucking god!” Damon shouted when he saw the… creature at the end of the hallway.

The beast had an elongated neck, sagging skin everywhere, and worst of all the glowing was acid dripping from her mouth that had eaten away a majority of her face. If this weren’t bad enough her clothing resembled that of a streetwalker affording both Damon and Jim an unobstructed view of the horror that lay before them.

“Damn! And people say I’m not good looking.”

“GCHACK!” The creature spat out a large hairball at Jim, who was a few feet in front, before it ran off chirping.

“What the? That didn’t do anything…” Jim noted when it hit him. Sure it was kinda annoying but… honestly it was like being hit with a small handful of feathers. It was somewhat pleasant actually when one got over the fact that it came out of that thing.

“Maybe we should let it live then? It just-“ Damon began but quickly stopped as Jim shook his head.

“Nah, it’s a zombie and… ow… Ow… OW OW OW! What the?” Looking down at where the ball had landed Jim became aware of a quickly spreading pool of green goo. Even worse the goo was beginning to eat through his shoes.

Quote from: Map Key
Dashed Orange Line = Open Door
Double Orange Line = Closed Door
Purple Dotted Line = Air Duct [No survivors may enter]
Shaft = Lethal Fall/Cannot Enter by Choice
Light Green Background with Green Dotted Lines = Smoker Smoke
Green dotted line = Spitter Spit

Spoiler: Marks/Ranger Cado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ali/Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Damon/Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

It looks like Jeffrey will be joining the gang during the next saferoom. When that happens the difficulty is going up. You’ll receive less items, and zombies will spawn more often as well as hitting harder. With the added fire-power it shouldn’t be too bad though.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:27:32 pm by Nerjin »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2013, 09:30:07 pm »

((Well, we need to actually be ready then, and have formulated plans, because right now, if this was advanced, we'd be dead, since we aren't being careful or using teamwork all that well.))

"It's a Spitter. Haven't seen one of those since it got Bradley. We need to keep moving;" he turned back to the others, "Do you want to go through the door, or down here?" he shouts up, kneeling and keeping an eye for any zombies. If any came while Jim was getting back, they'd eat lead.

Crouch
Reload
Shoot any infected we see; one shot per common zombie, on auto for special.
Covering Fire
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2013, 01:06:22 am »

move to X3
Zom? shoot.
Covering
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2013, 09:11:49 am »

"Ow! get back here!"

Move down 5
shoot any undead
overwatch
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2013, 09:29:55 am »

Actions:
Move to just before the spitter goo
crouch
Covering fire.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2013, 05:28:59 am »

Prodding Max as we speak.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2013, 05:47:25 am »

Ali moves right one square, going in the direction of the most noise to help out her comrades.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2013, 08:46:43 am »

Turn is in and will be processed later today.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2013, 04:00:04 pm »

Survivor Turn

Spoiler: Survivor Turn (click to show/hide)

Infected Turn
Spoiler: Special Infected (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Common Infected (click to show/hide)

”Oh no you don’t!” Ugly Jim shouted as he charged towards the Spitter and fired upon her with his pistol. “These were my favorite shoes!” He shouted as the ugly beast charged him. With a single fluid motion Jim grabbed his shotgun and shot the creature twice in the throat causing it’s acidic payload to rupture and melt through her wind pipe dropping another large patch of acid upon the floor.

“Look out Jim! That stuff spreads.”

“It what?” Mark asked as he ran past the lanky youth

“This stuff’ll spread.”

“Ah!” Mark stated somewhat curiously “How do you know that?”

“That’s how it got ouch ouch ouch!” Damon and Mark leapt up instinctively to avoid the spit which had pooled around their feet. It would appear that the spit spread a lot faster than Damon remembered. Unfortunately the glowing green goop splashed upon their landing showering their lower legs in the Acidic substance.

Quote from: Map Key
Solid Green Line = Alarmed door. Starts crescendo event when opened.
Dashed Orange Line = Open Door
Double Orange Line = Closed Door
Purple Dotted Line = Air Duct [No survivors may enter]
Shaft = Lethal Fall/Cannot Enter by Choice
Light Green Background with Green Dotted Lines = Smoker Smoke
Green dotted line = Spitter Spit
Brown Space = Desks. May be climbed upon at the cost of an extra movement square.
*+ = Clair standing atop a Incendiary Ammo Pack.

Spoiler: Marks/Ranger Cado (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ali/Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Damon/Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

The Spitter goo spreads guys. I guess you gambled it would all spread down but no such luck. It basically spreads randomly so… Anyways I’m lowering the damage to be equal to a Spitter hitting you each time as 10 damage per tick on something you couldn’t dodge for 3 ticks [4 if you count your first tick next time] seemed a little unfair. Anyways….
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:05:38 pm by Nerjin »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2013, 04:10:38 pm »

"Hey, new blood(Damon)! Come here."

Go and heal Damon with med pack
then pick up I.Ammo
Then walk as far as I can to AA7
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 03, 2013, 04:16:01 pm »

Oh ho ho, incendiary ammo. We should all take up defensive positions by the crescendo door and have incendiary ammo before we go through. That said, lets explore the rest of the room.

Reload
Move to Z19
Overwatch x3

I remember in L4D it was quicker to heal a teammate than to heal yourself. Course, that doesn't really apply in a turnbased game.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 78