Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Awesomenauts: Starstorm on Kickstarter! NOW FUNDED! \o/  (Read 1485 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Awesomenauts: Starstorm on Kickstarter! NOW FUNDED! \o/
« on: August 19, 2013, 02:24:27 pm »

STARSTORM ON KICKSTARTER HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!
Here.

Main goal - 3 new nauts, a new track and a new map!
Ted McPain, Sentry X-58 and Skree (some say he's a Kroot Techpriest)

STRETCH GOALS!

TWO EXTRA 'NAUTS!
TWO EXTRA TRACKS!

LEVEL EDITOR! STEAM WORKSHOP!
AI EDITOR!
CUSTOM MATCHES!

SPECTATOR MODE! ENDLESS SPECTATOR MODE! (think TF2 replays)

EPIC REWARDS! DESIGN YOUR OWN SKIN (with voice acting, that only YOU can distribute)! GET A LEON SKIN! FLY TO RONIMO! EAT CAKE!\

I can't handle the awesome, can you?
In short, it's a paid DLC that includes a lot of everything. Three new nauts, with possibility of FIVE with stretch goals, two new music tracks (and of course the new naut themes and KS tunes), level editor (with Steam Workshop!), custom matches (which give a lot of freedom and potential for tomfoolery), AI editor (make new bots etc.), epic donor rewards (like an exclusive skin for Leon and exclusive Announcer, and even ability to fly to Ronimo HQ in Netherlands and design your own skin with voice acting) and more.

#basketballvoltar

GET YOUR WALLETS WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO DONATE TO THIS THING! GET THERE!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:17:00 am by DarkDXZ »

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now all we need to do is have some bots named waffles and urist.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Armok pls.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh... the twin-stick controls sounds really interesting, as someone who plays with a controller. (I've got a friend that I play split-screen with, he gets the keyboard + mouse.  :) )

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Armok pls.
Heh heh that the players name.;)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

The money's coming in fast and furious!
As of this post the guys have already collected over 16 thousand dollars!

The way to the 630 thousand is long, but I honestly hope they can get there!
Because I want to put my hands on all those fancy editors and make this. (in short, MvM in Awesesomenauts)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

This is really awesome and I hope it succeeds so bad. Ronimo has really done very well with the game in most respects and I'd like to see it get bigger. Despite the fact that I'm generally pretty bad.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thumbs up for terrible players! I really only play this game when I've got friends over - it sucks how few PC games have local multiplayer, never mind local online multiplayer. As a result, I'm mediocre at best (and my friends have put even fewer hours into the game than I have!). I'm still more than willing to chip in $15 for a significant expansion.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

They're up to almost $40k already!

SWEET!

I didn't know this game generated so much love. In general I thought it had passed by most people! This makes me happy right now :)

Ronimo's others games are meh, to be honest.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

They're up to almost $40k already!

SWEET!

I didn't know this game generated so much love. In general I thought it had passed by most people! This makes me happy right now :)

Ronimo's others games are meh, to be honest.

Swords and Soldiers is decent.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Swords and soldiers is fine if you're okay with it being a tower defense-esque game. A lot of people have just had their fill of that particular niche, myself included.

The fact that it's multiplayer is pretty neat though. Only seen that done once before, and rather sloppily at that.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Holy carp, someone donated 10 thousand!
That is astounding. The first day isn't even technically over yet and we're already almost 50% towards the main goal.

Damn. I wonder what silly skin will that donor get.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...wow, you're right. One $10,000 and with one $1,000 pledge have already been made, plus no fewer than eleven $450 pledges. The average pledge is ~$62.56 per person at this time.

That's actually insane, especially for the very first day of the Kickstarter.  :o

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

And there are still pessimistic people that think we won't reach the final stretch goal.
Once the spread news around the major gaming websites and YT channels (and the main goal is reached so that PayPal donations become possible), I'm sure that we will keep this 'Murican bling-bling hype bandwagon going until the end of eternity (also known as the Wednesday, The 18th of September)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

So Ronma released the Day One Kickstarter update.
Sneakpeaks, yuss. Gamescon I couldn't care less about, but I know it's an important thing and all.
Pages: [1] 2