Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4661 4662 [4663] 4664 4665 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3121604 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #69930 on: May 25, 2014, 06:00:03 am »

((Look at what Nobillise is doing. +5 dex to allies. then look at each time Luthar dragged Kyle. Dragging Kyle isn't a Dex issue but a STR issue Each time he dragged Kyle was because he failed to break free. And he was aready penalized. I will say this: Instead of making his dex go down by going after his Key, put him into a position where he can't dodge. It works much better. And no, I don't mean use Kyle's fear ability, because Luthar would be unaffected due to already being under another form of mind-control. Also, do look at how much health Luthar has. Ok, that's all the hints I shall give.))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #69931 on: May 25, 2014, 06:04:08 am »

((It's less about wether or not Kyle is dragged or not +40 Dex > +5 Dex. You are ignoring ICARUS ability. With 65 dex, you *can not* roll a 61. The result would have been 101, the key would be stolen, and the 3 actions afterwards would have gone towards attacking various enemies. THAT is the crucial thing. the Kyle grapple and the fact that the penalties on Luthar did not take shadows attack into account are just small things, none of which matter comapred to ICARUS being entirely ignored))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:06:27 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69932 on: May 25, 2014, 06:07:39 am »

((It's less about wether or not Kyle is dragged or not +40 Dex > +5 Dex. You are ignoring ICARUS ability. With 65 dex, you *can not* roll a 61. The result would have been 101, the key would be stolen, and the 3 actions afterwards would have gone towards attacking various enemies. THAT is the crucial thing. the Kyle grapple and the fact that the penalties on Luthar did not take shadows attack into account are just small things, none of which matter comapred to ICARUS being entirely ignored))

((Okay. Look. The result would not have been 101 unless if it rolled a 36 it could have been a 66 or a 115. Now, I do admit I need to re-roll ICarus and everyone after's turn. But DO not assume that a roll would be in the players favor just because of a high dex. Also, do not assume that the rolls are in the enemies favor. Because this last turn had been weird to begin with. Honestly, I should have made sure I did the turn correctly last night. That's on me. Edit coming soon. ))
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:14:25 am by Sanure »
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69933 on: May 25, 2014, 06:09:11 am »

yes, that's what I said. I dont understand why you are quoting it.

Unless ICARUS rolled a -4, she could not have rolled below 66, and that's when she rolls a 1. More than likely, she rolls well beyond 80. But even if she rolled a 1, Luthat stands at a 71 -10 (not -5, es explained above). ICARUS would have gotten the key.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:14:20 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69934 on: May 25, 2014, 06:15:12 am »

See my post again. my computer is acting up. Also, what has been rolled matters not now. Argument closed.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69935 on: May 25, 2014, 11:02:15 am »

<One does not simply summon a powerful uncreated entity with sacrifices and tell it to help you--weaker entities can easily be summoned and dominated, but you must bargain with the stronger ones. Often with souls. Unless you have any souls lying about, I would rather not risk my life to attempt a summoning.>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #69936 on: May 25, 2014, 12:15:49 pm »

Ashley teleports reinforcements into battle, to which she promptly takes damage because of -10 mana cost.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69937 on: May 25, 2014, 01:26:01 pm »

<What's the plan, ICARUS?>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69938 on: May 25, 2014, 01:37:05 pm »

<Open the vaticans vault with Luthars magic key, inside is Osmodias powersource. We get rid of that, and the order returns to normal. We then kill Osmodias, Luthar and each and every one of the order that does not stand down.>

((see my post with the actions for the turn on how to do that))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69939 on: May 25, 2014, 01:51:05 pm »

PN's characters do what Akroma had them do.

<Alright then.>
 <Let's kill these disgusting abominations of creation and void! Yeah!>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69940 on: May 25, 2014, 01:53:45 pm »

<...>
Ashley definitely feels awkward.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:56:15 pm by Projeck37 »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69941 on: May 25, 2014, 01:58:52 pm »

<Not you Ashley, the demons I mean. Because demons are both a- gah, you know what I mean.>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69942 on: May 25, 2014, 02:00:39 pm »

<I'm equally both as well.>

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69943 on: May 25, 2014, 02:02:20 pm »

<I meant demons, not voidwalkers. Demons. I would never insult you like that.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69944 on: May 25, 2014, 02:05:59 pm »

<The summoned demons are low priority. Once the members of the order are no longer mind-controled, they will take care of them.>
Pages: 1 ... 4661 4662 [4663] 4664 4665 ... 4748