Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4602 4603 [4604] 4605 4606 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3127824 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #69045 on: May 19, 2014, 08:19:21 am »

((Agreed, also Stella probably wants Lightning rod armour now, if such a thing is possible))

((This is very possible if the armor has plenty of capacitors to hold the electrical charge and a few dampeners in place.))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #69046 on: May 19, 2014, 08:26:49 am »

((just saying, there is technical, physical limitations for radar, that's all. Also, the enemy having a contingency plan for every angle of attack, even the unlikely ones (as to get into their blind spot, you actually have to fly many many miles through their vision. it's just that bartimaeus is highly mobile and good at circumventing that), and that with normal military hardware, heck, even with those jets, actually attacking from that angle is hardly even possible, especially if you do not want to kill yourself. Them being prepared for this kind of thing is just unreasonable, and it highly discourages trying to defeat them in a creative way with a reasonable plan. Sometimes a PCs plan just deserves some victory at least, instead we get a fleet that seems entirely unattackable, just because you dont want them attacked. That kind of stuff is quit worthy. Also, 4 times 40 is 160, not 120.))

Anyway

ICARUS does a full scan and analysis of the wreckage. She wants everything, their strengths, their weaknesses, anything.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69047 on: May 19, 2014, 08:38:25 am »

((just saying, there is technical, physical limitations for radar, that's all. Also, the enemy having a contingency plan for every angle of attack, even the unlikely ones (as to get into their blind spot, you actually have to fly many many miles through their vision. it's just that bartimaeus is highly mobile and good at circumventing that), and that with normal military hardware, heck, even with those jets, actually attacking from that angle is hardly even possible, especially if you do not want to kill yourself. Them being prepared for this kind of thing is just unreasonable, and it highly discourages trying to defeat them in a creative way with a reasonable plan. Sometimes a PCs plan just deserves some victory at least, instead we get a fleet that seems entirely unattackable, just because you dont want them attacked. That kind of stuff is quit worthy. Also, 4 times 40 is 160, not 120.))
Anyway
ICARUS does a full scan and analysis of the wreckage. She wants everything, their strengths, their weaknesses, anything.

((Ok, I admit my math is off. Your's would be too if you were still on the meds your doctor prescribed you for being hit by a car...
Anyways, I'm not saying the fleet is un-attackable. Your plan actually sounds really ingenious. Yes, the fleet has a blindspot, and yes, it is a perfect place to attack. Honestly, I want them attacked. If they get defeated it will make the final fight easier. I did say that it would not be an easy fight.
Being prepared for an attack that may happen is in no way unreasonable. In fact, it is very reasonable. If you were evil, would you want a key part of your plan captured by the enemy because you didn't plan for it? Yeah it's good for story. I'm not good at writing stories.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69048 on: May 19, 2014, 09:01:45 am »

((keyword is being prepared for an attack that *may* happen. They will be focusing on attacks that are more likely. For this kind of ambush, you simply can not properly prepare. These guys are flying over the atlantic for hours and hours, with little rest, even with the autopilot it will not be easy to sleep in these cockpits. These guys are tired, and simply put, not always on high enough alert to counteract an attack that takes half a second, with only 1-2 seconds of warning.))

ICARUS is *still* looking for weaknesses and their radar coverage.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69049 on: May 19, 2014, 09:49:54 am »

((I'm still technically using one hand. give me some time :P))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69050 on: May 19, 2014, 10:01:08 am »

Icarus learns:

That there is a second delay between the plasma cannon opening and Firing. +5 to dodge while being targeted by the plasma cannon.

That the missile launcher requires a lock-on that can only be done after firing a plasma charge. +10 Dodge to avoid Lock-on.

The radar has a blind spot next to a lead panel next to the radar sensor at an 75o angle. May require more research.

The controls seem complicated and have a port next to what seems to be a keyboard. May require more research.

((Also did nuriel attempt to fly the first fighter?))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:04:32 am by Sanure »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69051 on: May 19, 2014, 10:05:02 am »

((Yes, unless there is a problem, it's en-route to the castle))

ICARUS stays a safe distance behind the fleet, following it under water. She projects her image over Diginald.

<Kyle, Winry, Bartimaeus, HILDA, Stella, to the situation room. Nuriel, please follow us closely over bracelet.>

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69052 on: May 19, 2014, 10:08:39 am »

((Yes, unless there is a problem, it's en-route to the castle))

((I find Nuriel's [Mind 2] to be a very good reason to cause a problem. I want to soooo bad.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69053 on: May 19, 2014, 10:09:35 am »

((what what, Nuriel wont manage to learn how to fly that thing in just 2 minutes? :P))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69054 on: May 19, 2014, 10:11:14 am »

((what what, Nuriel wont manage to learn how to fly that thing in just 2 minutes? :P))

((I did say ICARUS learned that the controls were very complicated. XD))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69055 on: May 19, 2014, 10:12:22 am »

<Hey Nuriel, how's that jet going? Incoming soon?>

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #69056 on: May 19, 2014, 10:13:44 am »

((GWG has been muted for a week, he won't be able to reply any time soon))
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69057 on: May 19, 2014, 10:14:51 am »

((ah, the usual then. In that case ICARUS just waits for the people she called out to come in. We will manage without Nuriel.))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69058 on: May 19, 2014, 10:21:13 am »

((So should i make it so that Nuriel is fighting the controls of the Jet and the jet is in perpetual standstill mode?))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69059 on: May 19, 2014, 10:22:32 am »

((GWG has been muted for a week, he won't be able to reply any time soon))

((...

What for this time?))
Pages: 1 ... 4602 4603 [4604] 4605 4606 ... 4748