Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4589 4590 [4591] 4592 4593 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3127361 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #68850 on: May 16, 2014, 05:15:58 pm »

"You could, with the automation programms, and some parctise."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68851 on: May 16, 2014, 05:18:17 pm »

"You could, with the automation programms, and some parctise."

"That would be... be interesting, it would be... be strange though walking around as... as you"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68852 on: May 16, 2014, 05:19:49 pm »

"You can have the body once I get my new one I guess. Just don't get too used to it. I prefer your..softer parts."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68853 on: May 16, 2014, 05:25:06 pm »

"You can have the body once I get my new one I guess. Just don't get too used to it. I prefer your..softer parts."

A blush crept onto Alice's face
"I... Thank you, I... I wouldn't use it very often probably only in... in situations where I... I can't get there normally. Like now I... I suppose"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68854 on: May 16, 2014, 05:31:51 pm »

"Well, since you already have a fine working body, you should only usye the ICARUS-05 for dangerous stuff, like on a mission I guess. The predecessor of the ICARUS programm, the HARPY (Human Assisting Robot PYloting) had interfaces like that. Turned out that even withz heavy automization, human piloted drone bodies were slower and less precise than the one drone that, purely for testing purposes, was outfitted with a complete autopilot. That's what kicked off the ICARUS programm to begin with. I'm not sure if IRIS ever put the HARPY in production."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68855 on: May 16, 2014, 05:34:07 pm »

"The automatization programms just work too slowly. This way I'm faster, and a little micromanagement never hurts. Keeps you on your toes."
"I... I suppose it does, it's... it's amazing you can do all of this... this stuff at the same time though"
<Probably something the more boring ICARUSs can't do.>

"Not having a fleshy brain helps. Don't get me wrong, human brains are all neat, but they are really bad at paying attention to more than 32 things at once."
<You still get overflow errors if you try to concentrate on 257.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68856 on: May 16, 2014, 05:38:03 pm »

"Well, since you already have a fine working body, you should only usye the ICARUS-05 for dangerous stuff, like on a mission I guess. The predecessor of the ICARUS programm, the HARPY (Human Assisted Robot PYloting) had interfaces like that. Turned out that even withz heavy automization, human piloted drone bodies were slower and less precise than the one drone that, purely for testing purposes, was outfitted with a complete autopilot. That's what kicked off the ICARUS programm to begin with. I'm not sure if IRIS ever put the HARPY in production."

"I... I would only use it for... for stuff like that, it makes sense though that... that the human piloted ones would be... be slower." Alice paused "I... I guess magic wouldn't work in... in the body either"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68857 on: May 16, 2014, 05:40:44 pm »

"Well, HILDA has this mana syphoning chip, though I am not sure if that kind of technology is easily replicated."

<Never quite had to keep attention on quite as many things at once. Even with grenade fragments, it's usualy managable.>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #68858 on: May 16, 2014, 05:47:36 pm »

((60 hours now Sanure, what's the hold up?))
((Probably has shit going on. Don't rush him.))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68859 on: May 16, 2014, 05:48:25 pm »

"Well, HILDA has this mana syphoning chip, though I am not sure if that kind of technology is easily replicated."

"That would be... be interesting, it would probably be easier though if I... I just kept to my human body if I... I want to do magic though." Alice paused for a moment "I'm... I'm not distracting you too... too much am I?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68860 on: May 16, 2014, 05:51:51 pm »

"I'm just arming a demolition bomb that explodes super hot metal with one hand while clinging unto a high-tech fighter jet with the other, flewn by religious zealots about to bomb the vatican to destroy hell, which does evasive manouvers to dodge a dragon. While this is probably not quite what my designers had in mind, but this is technicaly within my standard routines. No problem."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68861 on: May 16, 2014, 05:55:08 pm »

"I'm just arming a demolition bomb that explodes super hot metal with one hand while clinging unto a high-tech fighter jet with the other, flewn by religious zealots about to bomb the vatican to destroy hell, which does evasive manouvers to dodge a dragon. While this is probably not quite what my designers had in mind, but this is technicaly within my standard routines. No problem."

"I... That's good then, I... I would hate to be the reason you crashed or... or something"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68862 on: May 16, 2014, 05:58:22 pm »

"That being said, can you maybe grab a puzzle or something, and lay it 3-4 times? I mean, just in case?"

((also because Akroma must go nap nap))

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68863 on: May 16, 2014, 06:00:58 pm »

"That being said, can you maybe grab a puzzle or something, and lay it 3-4 times? I mean, just in case?"

((also because Akroma must go nap nap))

((Night))

Alice nodded
"Ok I... I can do that." Alice went to find herself a puzzle and began putting it together, she kept a close eye on ICARUS though to make sure everything was still going fine.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68864 on: May 16, 2014, 07:05:39 pm »

Lizzie smiles and gives Rose a kiss.
Pages: 1 ... 4589 4590 [4591] 4592 4593 ... 4748