Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4580 4581 [4582] 4583 4584 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3127343 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #68715 on: May 12, 2014, 11:09:12 am »

<Oh I'll be fine. These things are huge, which makes it easy to navigate them once you get close>

((the scale sais 40 meters, so really once you grabbed unto them, I have no idea why the one jet attacking ICARUS did not hit the jet ICARUS was on. I mean, what's the mechanics here? The jet1 attacked and jet 2 made a dodge roll, and if he dodges, then clearly he also moved ICARUS out of the way. No need for ICARUS to dodge enemy fire if the jet she is on is already dodging it. Look at the design of the jet, if you hide between these side-panels at the back, there is no angle of attack that would hit ICARUS without also hitting the jet. ICARUS only has to dodge if jet 2 is not even trying to dodge jet 1s incoming fire, because these things are so gigantic compared to ICARUS, if jet 2 is failing to dodge because he only made it 3 meters to the side, ICARUS is alreay out of harms way, while jet 2 still gets hit. I am serious, if jet 1 wants to hit ICARUS, jet 2 literaly has to stand still and take everything that is coming towards it. The sheer size difference is a huge advantage for the PCs here. Also I doubt the jet has weapons that can actually aim at it's own engines, so jet 1 is not going to hit ICARUS either. That btw, was the entire point of the combat strategy. Use enemy size to your own advantage. A fighter jet needs a minimum amount of distance between him and the enemy to be able to fight. At melee range, they are entirely disarmed))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68716 on: May 12, 2014, 11:11:52 am »

<Oh I'll be fine. These things are huge, which makes it easy to navigate them once you get close>

<That's... That's good then> Alice paused before sending to ICARUS privately <If... If your body was destroyed would you still be... be in your world?>
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68717 on: May 12, 2014, 11:15:31 am »

<Yeah, though building a new one would take a while.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68718 on: May 12, 2014, 11:21:06 am »

<Yeah, though building a new one would take a while.>

<That's a... a relief then, I'm glad to know I... I won't lose you>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68719 on: May 12, 2014, 01:23:44 pm »

<No need to be worried about me, really. Compared to me, those jets are so last decade. And everybody else is doing fine as well.>

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68720 on: May 12, 2014, 01:46:12 pm »

<No need to be worried about me, really. Compared to me, those jets are so last decade. And everybody else is doing fine as well.>

<Ok, I'm glad you are... are all doing fine.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68721 on: May 12, 2014, 01:47:56 pm »

<That mana sucking plating is kinda annoying though. Nuriel seems a bit in a spot of bother, without the fire.>

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68722 on: May 12, 2014, 01:51:05 pm »

<That mana sucking plating is kinda annoying though. Nuriel seems a bit in a spot of bother, without the fire.>

<Oh I... I hope she comes out ok>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68723 on: May 12, 2014, 01:53:37 pm »

<Looks like she is trying to tear that jets wing off bare-handed, so I think she might.>

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68724 on: May 12, 2014, 01:56:12 pm »

<Looks like she is trying to tear that jets wing off bare-handed, so I think she might.>

<Wow that's... that's very impressive>

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68725 on: May 12, 2014, 05:12:18 pm »

<Killing people is the best part in IRIS. I take sport in it.>
Bartimaeus's phone rings after he gets the SAM turret.
 <Shit, I gotta' take this...>

Bartimaeus puts the phone up to his shadow-man ear and sighs before putting on a female voice.
 "Hey sweetie, how was work?" she talks in the phone, tapping her finger against a metal railing, "You got promoted? That's great, sweetie."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #68726 on: May 12, 2014, 08:20:46 pm »

Kyle is panickedly telling the Vatican team to put away tank following what Icarus said.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68727 on: May 12, 2014, 08:25:37 pm »

"Yeah, I've been doing fine, the cats are crazy as usual... heh..." he talks into the phone.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68728 on: May 12, 2014, 08:34:58 pm »

((the scale sais 40 meters, so really once you grabbed unto them, I have no idea why the one jet attacking ICARUS did not hit the jet ICARUS was on. I mean, what's the mechanics here? The jet1 attacked and jet 2 made a dodge roll, and if he dodges, then clearly he also moved ICARUS out of the way. No need for ICARUS to dodge enemy fire if the jet she is on is already dodging it. Look at the design of the jet, if you hide between these side-panels at the back, there is no angle of attack that would hit ICARUS without also hitting the jet. ICARUS only has to dodge if jet 2 is not even trying to dodge jet 1s incoming fire, because these things are so gigantic compared to ICARUS, if jet 2 is failing to dodge because he only made it 3 meters to the side, ICARUS is alreay out of harms way, while jet 2 still gets hit. I am serious, if jet 1 wants to hit ICARUS, jet 2 literaly has to stand still and take everything that is coming towards it. The sheer size difference is a huge advantage for the PCs here. Also I doubt the jet has weapons that can actually aim at it's own engines, so jet 1 is not going to hit ICARUS either. That btw, was the entire point of the combat strategy. Use enemy size to your own advantage. A fighter jet needs a minimum amount of distance between him and the enemy to be able to fight. At melee range, they are entirely disarmed))

The Second Jet dodged. That's why it wasn't hit. Icarus, I rolled just for laughs. She would have dodged if Fighter 2 dodged anyways. These jets are just like VTOLS by the way. They can fight at long or short range. Just don't expect them to use kinetic weapons (expect a few missiles though.))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68729 on: May 13, 2014, 05:50:42 am »

aahh, best thing in the morning is to wake up and still not turn ... :(
Pages: 1 ... 4580 4581 [4582] 4583 4584 ... 4748