Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4497 4498 [4499] 4500 4501 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3133409 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #67470 on: May 01, 2014, 11:02:42 am »

((I'm waiting for USEC to advance the plot))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67471 on: May 01, 2014, 11:09:13 am »

((I'm waiting for USEC to advance the plot))

((Gah. Sorry. That doesn't mean that you have to completely stop talking though.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #67472 on: May 01, 2014, 11:09:55 am »

((there is also Will who is waiting for Sanure to do things I guess))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #67473 on: May 01, 2014, 11:19:21 am »

<If she won't believe you that it will all be alright, she won't believe me either. Motivation comes only from the inside, and handling her like an egg is unlikely to do anything. If she truely wants to get rid of the curse, then she will think about my words. Desperation is a motivation that can be stronger than hope. She is literaly immortal. That is a powerful tool at her disposal, and it synergizes well with desperation. I really do not mean to sound cruel, but if she is ready to stop trying so easily, was it really that important to her in the first place? The events of the last days were setbacks, but not an entirely complete loss. Lunette is still working on translating the symbols, and if not, there are always more scientists out there. Meanwhile Sokolov may yet turn out to be an invaluable source of information. Anyone else would have been unaware that Filipovs dig was anything more than just a perfectly normal archeology dig. Yet he seemed to be well aware of the nature of the dig, possibly even more aware than Filipov. That we didn't catch him immediatly does not mean we won't. If only this little setback makes her give up, then she should just come to terms with her situation.>

((only because everyone else, except maybe for PN sort of stoped posting.))

((I think Sanure wants to do a time skip, if we want to do that now might be a good time to do so considering that we are all at waiting points at the moment))

Alice let out a sigh
<It's... It's only been a... a few days since that... that happened, you... you need to give her... her time to get... get over that. It's... It's not just the... the setback with her... her curse, she saw people she... she knew get... get murdered. You... You need to give her... her more than a... a few days to... to get over... over that>
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:22:11 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67474 on: May 01, 2014, 11:21:38 am »

ICARUS sighs as well

<Okay. I trust you, I have no reason not to, so I will be satisfied if you tell me this is the right way.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67475 on: May 01, 2014, 11:26:32 am »

ICARUS sighs as well

<Okay. I trust you, I have no reason not to, so I will be satisfied if you tell me this is the right way.>

<Thank... Thank you, just be... be more gentle with... with her in the... the future>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67476 on: May 01, 2014, 11:30:06 am »

<That's really not one of my strengths.>

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67477 on: May 01, 2014, 11:35:30 am »

<That's really not one of my strengths.>

<It's... It's an important skill to... to learn>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67478 on: May 01, 2014, 11:39:07 am »

<Being gentle with someone I who really just needs some discipline, and lacks discipline *because* everyone is gentle with them strikes me as a delay tactic. Being strict with someone will make them dislike you, but at least gets things done. Being gentle lets you dodge the blame, but not solve the problem.>

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67479 on: May 01, 2014, 11:54:53 am »

<Being gentle with someone I who really just needs some discipline, and lacks discipline *because* everyone is gentle with them strikes me as a delay tactic. Being strict with someone will make them dislike you, but at least gets things done. Being gentle lets you dodge the blame, but not solve the problem.>

<You... You could find a... a compromise between the... the two>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #67480 on: May 01, 2014, 12:19:49 pm »

((It's okay, USEC. The only bad part is that I have to wait to develop Annabelle more.))
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67481 on: May 01, 2014, 12:33:45 pm »

<I don't like going at things half-hearted. When you want something, there is really nothing that should stop you from doing it. Which reminds me this is something that should be said: After the curse was broken, you immediatly picked yourself up very well. You went through a relationship drama and got to a decisive end, despite the difficulties, instead of sitting around you very quickly began to pick your innitial goal of becoming a vet, and a magical one at that - a very difficult goal, and you are also working on recovering from the mental scars left by the curse, like your skin aversion. It's very impressive.>

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67482 on: May 01, 2014, 12:39:44 pm »

<I don't like going at things half-hearted. When you want something, there is really nothing that should stop you from doing it. Which reminds me this is something that should be said: After the curse was broken, you immediatly picked yourself up very well. You went through a relationship drama and got to a decisive end, despite the difficulties, instead of sitting around you very quickly began to pick your innitial goal of becoming a vet, and a magical one at that - a very difficult goal, and you are also working on recovering from the mental scars left by the curse, like your skin aversion. It's very impressive.>

<Thank... Thank you, I... I don't think I... I could have done it... it on my own... own though>

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67483 on: May 01, 2014, 01:44:08 pm »

((Nope, I still post and yes, I am waiting for Elf to timeskip the game by a month since Will has already begun his training. <-this means that other plots that happen within that month happen first))

Sen eventually drags Bartimaeus to the library, "Need help researching something. How to get past reflection magic that can redirect magic and even seals back to the user..." Sen also mutters about something about a stupid Stone Golem.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 01:52:08 pm by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67484 on: May 01, 2014, 02:24:38 pm »

((Hey Kansa, remind me to give Alice a copy of Sen's Progenis So that Alice can get a better understanding of Healing magic.))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 4497 4498 [4499] 4500 4501 ... 4748