Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4257 4258 [4259] 4260 4261 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3116236 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #63870 on: April 18, 2014, 04:04:36 pm »

((If you hit the real one it will identify him, that will only count if you actually damage him though and leave a mark. If he dodges out of the way it does not identify him. Once a person realises which one is real they will remember, this is separate for each person though))
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #63871 on: April 18, 2014, 04:08:49 pm »

Alucard begins the summons, incanting the necessary syllables and channeling magic into the circle so that he can pull the entity through the Void Gate.
 [48+23]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #63872 on: April 18, 2014, 04:13:07 pm »

"Everyone..be careful. We need Zhengara at least partialy alife. He is much more frail than he looks...hanging in the threads. If we overdo it, he may die too quickly. Carefully measure your strikes. I will now proceed to beat him within an inch of his life. Back me up and deal small amounts of damaged immediatly after I hit, until he is no longer able to stand. Confirm you have understood this."

---------

After the previous failures at summoning powerful entities, Alucard resigns and relatively quickly summons something more simple. A Zant, the foot soldier of the domain of Belhalhar the slaughterer. It takes the form of a flayed tiger, with an elongated tail that whields a long, boney scythe.

Mind roll to keep the Zant under controle. If under controle, can be given an order.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63873 on: April 18, 2014, 04:14:46 pm »

((fuck.))
[1+25] Alucard finds that his willpower stumbles terribly as his lenses flicker briefly to a dull grey. Bartimaeus teleports into his hand as the Voidcrosser sword.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63874 on: April 18, 2014, 04:18:34 pm »

((enemy stats 20 in strength and dex, 5 in everything else. Alucard will likely be able to win, but will be probably busy for the duration of the battle, and once he is done will likely be low on health and mana. I will assume he won't be partaking in this battle...neither will Bartimaeus, who will probably help alucard?))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63875 on: April 18, 2014, 04:20:54 pm »

((There isn't really a reason for Alucard and Barti to help overcharge the anti-magic field because they can project it themselves, and do even more damage if it's projected with a nice sword slash. Although if the god can conjure anti-void, then Barti would probably stay the hell away. Anti-void is his biggest weakness))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63876 on: April 18, 2014, 04:38:04 pm »

Alucard waits to see if the thing tries to kill him. If it does, he activates the circle's defenses and send that shit back in the void/kill it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63877 on: April 18, 2014, 04:42:41 pm »

((oh right, Alucard has a proper summoning set up afterall))

Yes, it indeed tries to kill him. Mag vs Mind

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63878 on: April 18, 2014, 04:45:38 pm »

((Mag vs Mind?))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63879 on: April 18, 2014, 04:50:44 pm »

roll mag

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63880 on: April 18, 2014, 04:51:49 pm »

[34+23]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63881 on: April 18, 2014, 05:05:22 pm »

"Is this...all there is?"

<Kyle, if this fails, please cover me.>

ICARUS has come to a conclusion. Time to finish this. ICARUS first identifies her target, and reroutes energy to her sensors. 50 Battery charge into mind, increasing her mind from 15 to 40 (+50 to the roll from the mask, + whatever Will contributes), 235 battery left. Steam is vented from her head. Next, she routes energy to her servos, heating her body up immensely, the black parts between her joints starting to glow red hot. 160 battery into dex, increasing it from 25 to 105, 65 battery left. Her body already almost on the verge of going over her limits, ICARUS pushes herself even further. For Alice sake, she empowers her blade with a powerful charge, exactly measured to cut the flesh of a divine body. After tasting the consistency once, she had not forgotten it. 60 battery into strength, increasing it from 15 to 45, 5 battery left. Bolts of electricty were sparking from her blade to the ground, the orichalcum being engulfed in a bright light.

"Melee manouver Omega-2: God killing lance."

ICARUS runs Zhengara through in a precisely measured strike.

-------

Alucard succesfully excorcises the uncontroled summon. He really needs to practise this, this round of combat was wasted.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:07:37 pm by Akroma »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63882 on: April 18, 2014, 05:06:28 pm »

Alucard grumbles to himself and prepares for combat, grabbing his anti-magic pistols and the such.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #63883 on: April 18, 2014, 05:14:26 pm »

"Yes, announce the attack. That's always a good idea."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63884 on: April 18, 2014, 05:15:58 pm »

((bitch, it's a magical girl game, everybody knows that loudly announcing the name of the attack is not only a social norm, it also makes the attack more likely to succeed. Sheesh, you know nothing Jonhson Kyle))

<Kyle, be careful. He must not die just yet. I will beat Zhengara within an inch of his life. Carefully measure your strikes, do not kill him. If you do, I will never forgive you.>
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:28:30 pm by Akroma »
Pages: 1 ... 4257 4258 [4259] 4260 4261 ... 4748