Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4063 4064 [4065] 4066 4067 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3122441 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Rising from the ashes
« Reply #60960 on: April 09, 2014, 06:51:06 am »

'You know those things, strange as hell. My magic and his are pretty much useless right now, so I suppose he just got the biggest weapon.'

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60961 on: April 09, 2014, 06:51:23 am »

<Remind me again please, why the police or armed forces are not intervening? I do not recall either of those becoming magic reliant.>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #60962 on: April 09, 2014, 06:54:51 am »

'I do find it odd that they know how to counter void magic. After all, we didn't know how until we studied the fields out side of the Ryan house.'

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60963 on: April 09, 2014, 07:34:48 am »

Will learns that Arthur carried what appeared to be a large claymore with carved snakes covering it's blade. He is wanted for mass murder and property damage. Unfortunatly, it seems none of the law enforcers were able to get near him and most were cut down. Will would correctly guess that Arthur was able to move at higher speeds than most, probably due to intense training.
will learns since the attack on the hamlet, there have been over 30 sightings of Arthur in several different countries.
Will proceeds to cross-check time, location, and activity (known and implied by other odd events) during each sighting to determine where he would be now.
[57+40]

<Remind me again please, why the police or armed forces are not intervening? I do not recall either of those becoming magic reliant.>
<Yes, let's get involved with a battle between a bunch of fairly powerful magic people and a bunch of other people who, while not skilled at magic, seem to be benefiting from something in that vein.>

'I do find it odd that they know how to counter void magic. After all, we didn't know how until we studied the fields out side of the Ryan house.'
<Again, they're fighting demons; not knowing how to deal with Void leaves them half-defenseless against demonic magics, and knowing how to deal with demonic magics lets you improvise a defense against Void magic--if your defenses don't stop it already.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60964 on: April 09, 2014, 07:36:23 am »

<Except that the latter are specialized against magic users and don't seem to have any counter to bullets.>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60965 on: April 09, 2014, 07:48:03 am »

<They do. I've been doing research; normal law enforcement agencies don't have a chance, and paramilitary doesn't do much better. Besides, I can see the authorities hanging back for now just to avoid being caught in the crossfire.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60966 on: April 09, 2014, 07:52:49 am »

<*yawn* How trite, a threat normal people cannot fight against at all. Even though I can clearly see a visual feed of an ally using a firearm. Are you sure your data applies to all of them? Or only the skilled units, who, knowing the usual cliches, are going to be the people further up the hierarchy.>

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60967 on: April 09, 2014, 07:53:38 am »

"Okay. I'll be gentle don't worry."
Kyle says putting a reassuring hand on Luna's shoulder.
"Hey, I'm just saying this because I'll feel obliged to stab you if you hurt little sis."

Selina comes out of her room now, looking flushed and quite guilty as she puts her bracelet back on.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60968 on: April 09, 2014, 07:56:58 am »

<*yawn* How trite, a threat normal people cannot fight against at all. Even though I can clearly see a visual feed of an ally using a firearm. Are you sure your data applies to all of them? Or only the skilled units, who, knowing the usual cliches, are going to be the people further up the hierarchy.>
<I'm not sure what you're fighting, but logic would dictate that criminals committing high-profile violent crimes repeatedly would get whittled down to only those who could defeat or evade the police--and these don't seem to be the type to evade.>
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60969 on: April 09, 2014, 08:00:12 am »

<Considering that they certainly aren't exhibiting the expected symptoms of being able to take sustained gunfire, I would postulate these aren't as skilled. Seeing as I am no longer being used as a proper character, would you like my rifle? Seeing as you are the most skilled marksperson I know of who probably won't die horribly from their own recklessness. Emphasis on probably.>

JollyGent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60970 on: April 09, 2014, 08:01:25 am »

"Java core, JollyGent activate."

The two drones in the corner of the room lit up into life.

"You all seem to be quite busy. Is something going on on the news or something?

Minwoo, behind the screens of JollyGent, was snacking away crisps dipped in mayonnaise. His dull voice seem to indicate that he just woke up.

"I really need to fix my sleeping habits.."
Have a heart of Jester, mind of a Gentleman. The 'JollyGent'.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60971 on: April 09, 2014, 08:02:58 am »

"Er... um... uh..." Selina is confused by Minwoo, as well as distracted currently.
[/quote]

JollyGent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60972 on: April 09, 2014, 08:04:08 am »

"Hmm.. did I disrupt your team talks?"

Minwoo yawned again, refusing to analyse the situation.
Have a heart of Jester, mind of a Gentleman. The 'JollyGent'.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #60973 on: April 09, 2014, 08:04:24 am »

((someone get him a bracelet))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60974 on: April 09, 2014, 08:04:55 am »

"N-no um... er... d-d-d-did you n-need anything...?"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 4063 4064 [4065] 4066 4067 ... 4748