Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3658 3659 [3660] 3661 3662 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3133152 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Rising from the ashes
« Reply #54885 on: March 19, 2014, 04:54:23 pm »

"Shadowing you is fun. Nobody sees me like this."
 "Not visually see you, no."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54886 on: March 19, 2014, 05:10:58 pm »

<We're deploying tonight? Okay.>

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #54887 on: March 19, 2014, 05:13:33 pm »

Kyle and Keith are there.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #54888 on: March 19, 2014, 05:14:00 pm »

<Yes. Make sure you are prepared.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54889 on: March 19, 2014, 05:15:36 pm »

"Good evening, Mr. Johnson."

"If needed, I'll be able to teleport back here to get things. Like, it'll only take a few seconds to get it too."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54890 on: March 19, 2014, 05:24:01 pm »

"Are we going to discuss positions? HILDA-ALPHA has a massive shield installed."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54891 on: March 19, 2014, 05:24:47 pm »

Lunette quietly joins the growing group in the situation room, waving at everyone.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54892 on: March 19, 2014, 05:28:06 pm »

"I think planning as far as marching orders and combat formations is pointless. We do not have enough information on what we will actually encounter, and must be prepared to think on our feet, rather than distracting ourselves trying to memorize who should be where. ASMRA has magic users of their own, and I have no information about what they might be capable of. The one djin we know, no problem for me. I am heat resistant. Anything else? I have not the faintest clue. To be fair, I must admit that I planned the attack very quickly, perhaps too quickly. But I hate to see father in such a defeatist mood."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54893 on: March 19, 2014, 05:41:32 pm »

"A djinn you say? Interesting, there are djinn in the Other Place. I am one myself, technically."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54894 on: March 19, 2014, 05:42:41 pm »

"This is what you call yourself, but earlier today you implied a relation to the void."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54895 on: March 19, 2014, 05:46:31 pm »

"This is what you call yourself, but earlier today you implied a relation to the void."

"Does this mean that djinns are from the void?" Lunette asks.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54896 on: March 19, 2014, 05:49:55 pm »

"You're correct. The Other Place is a dimension which resides in part of the void. It has a little of each part in each domain, with myself being an entity of Lolgrammoth. Humans call us by different names from mites to imps to djinn to afrits to marids, from weak to strong. Rare beings such as myself don't have a physical form and must take one when we enter the material realm, which is why I shapeshift. I manipulate my own essence which is pretty much what you humans call the soul and manipulate it, like this."
Bartimaeus proceeds to shapeshift into ICARUS with abnormally much longer ears for a comedic effect.

"Does this mean that djinns are from the void?" Lunette asks.
"Humans used to call entities like me djinn, but there are different types too. I even met a djinn who was trapped in a lamp once--can you imagine being in there for that long?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54897 on: March 19, 2014, 05:52:17 pm »

"You're correct. The Other Place is a dimension which resides in part of the void. It has a little of each part in each domain, with myself being an entity of Lolgrammoth. Humans call us by different names from mites to imps to djinn to afrits to marids, from weak to strong. Rare beings such as myself don't have a physical form and must take one when we enter the material realm, which is why I shapeshift. I manipulate my own essence which is pretty much what you humans call the soul and manipulate it, like this."
Bartimaeus proceeds to shapeshift into ICARUS with abnormally much longer ears for a comedic effect.

Lunette nods, "That makes sense."

"Humans used to call entities like me djinn, but there are different types too. I even met a djinn who was trapped in a lamp once--can you imagine being in there for that long?"

"How long was he in there?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54898 on: March 19, 2014, 05:52:28 pm »

"What is a Lolgrammoth?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54899 on: March 19, 2014, 05:57:40 pm »

"How long was he in there?"
"There is a certain spell which is able to take beings like me and trap them within an object. It's a horrible spell, Alucard knows it but he doesn't use it. I'm a patient being myself but the djinn in the lamp was probably there for hundreds of years. The spell is called Indefinite Confinement."

"What is a Lolgrammoth?"

"The domain of the void which I come from. Beings from there usually are swift, like shape-shifters. They have a notorious reputation for being sly like me and are good spies. They tear friendships and families apart and take pleasure from it."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:59:19 pm by PrivateNomad »
Pages: 1 ... 3658 3659 [3660] 3661 3662 ... 4748