Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3217 3218 [3219] 3220 3221 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3128985 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile

Kayla waves at Bethany.
"Who are like, you?"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

"Kayla."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile

"Kayla."
"Oh, Corebus said something about their being people coming from someplace called like, Layar. Is that like, you guys?"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

<So, is there anything important that I've missed?>
Black lives matter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"Hey Lily. This is Lily."
Kyle motions to the other Lily.
"Oh. I though you said that weird nerd guy was the other me."

<Not identical. For starters, it would be a model that doesn't need to sleep. I mean, wether she is a golem or a robot doesn't matter, that she needs to sleep is a very odd thing in either case. What kind of designer builds a robot and/or golem that needs to sleep?>
<IRIS.>

<So, is there anything important that I've missed?>
<Yes.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile

<That HILDA was not built by IRIS has been confirmed. No robot that IRIS ever built has to sleep, though there are older versions with no internal powersource that go into hibernation mode when they are being charged. This was a large downside and the project was discontinued. Sleep serves no purpose for a robot, as we do not get tired or exhausted. Though the actual purpose of sleep in biological life-forms is not entirely clear anyway. It may be a theory, but maybe HILDAs desire to sleep is similar to Bismuths desire to mate - a leftover of her human mind, now in a synthetic body. Perhaps HILDA was once a human, and her mind was uploaded to a computer?>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<I wouldn't call it a computer then. Seeing as you cannot upload minds onto regular computers. Electronic brain-analogue would be more accurate seeing as computers do have some important variations from the human brain.>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<Like what?>
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<Well for starters, computers don't need sleep, human brains..and it seems analogous machines that emulate human brains need sleep.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<Like what?>
<You mean, aside from the fact that the human mind is a biological entity that develops thought patterns and pathways whilst a computer is a mass of logic gates that processes instructions?>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<I-i was talking to someone else..>
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<Doesn't matter, your question integrated seemlessly.>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Think corrosive, stereotype acid.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

<That HILDA was not built by IRIS has been confirmed. No robot that IRIS ever built has to sleep...>
<Weren't you complaining the other day about bad dreams?>

<Perhaps HILDA was once a human, and her mind was uploaded to a computer?>[/font][/glow]
<Possible....>
Will attempts to chat with HILDA to determine if this is plausible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((ICARUS specificaly removed her bracelet before discussing that, dont shoehorn Will into knowing this somehow. Also, they were not dreams, nor does she sleep. Remember that she is AI, the body is juts a vessel. When her mind is uploaded to the IRIS server for backups and combat simulation, she is awake the entire time, and it's as real, if not more real, than what happens when she is in the ICARUS-05 unit. The difference is that the perception of time changes as that computer is billions times faster))
Pages: 1 ... 3217 3218 [3219] 3220 3221 ... 4748