Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3151 3152 [3153] 3154 3155 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3131339 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Oh look, Elf updated the thread title.
« Reply #47280 on: February 25, 2014, 06:03:34 pm »

"Are you referring to getting to these 'new lands' in the first place, or are you going to tell me what you did that's so great?"
Black lives matter.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Oh look, Elf updated the thread title.
« Reply #47281 on: February 25, 2014, 06:07:27 pm »

"Well, where many have failed to perform dimensional travel before me, I, Dr. Annabelle W. Holbech, have done so. And in my native lands, I will be marked down in history, and stories of this feat shall be told to the generations to come!"
She stretches out her arms dramatically.
"Sorry, went a bit far there."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47282 on: February 25, 2014, 06:08:21 pm »

"Well, I believe the general consensus is that mothers and fathers should raise children together, or at least remain in contact, without a good reason otherwise."

"Mom's going to be furious though..."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47283 on: February 25, 2014, 06:08:44 pm »

She smiled back, idly wondering what she can do. Because really, at this point you have to expect that most of the people she meets through this web of friends are magic. Because they always are.
"It's nice to meet you too, Alice! So... How're you doing? I mean, I'm doing pretty good right now. That Sleepover was fun."

"I'm... I'm doing good. Yeah it was really fun, it's... it's been a while since I've done anything like that so I'm glad I was invited"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #47284 on: February 25, 2014, 06:08:56 pm »

"In case they decide all too quickly that there is no need for talks, it might be prudent to have me around to perhaps try to encourage them. I find the matter too important to risk there being no talk, especialy since you seem to believe that might actually be a case to consider. It might be worthwhile if it is not a dragon that brings forth this topic. You see, as a gesture of good will. Then it's less of a "There's humans all over the place, what are we -dragonkind- gonna do about it", but a "Well, Here you are, and now you as well, what are we -both humanity and dragonkind- gonna do about it."."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47285 on: February 25, 2014, 06:13:17 pm »

The morning after the sleepover, Angel was throwing up again.

"Well, I believe the general consensus is that mothers and fathers should raise children together, or at least remain in contact, without a good reason otherwise."
"Mom's going to be furious though..."
"Is it better for her to release her fury, or to bottle it up for the next few centuries?"

"In case they decide all too quickly that there is no need for talks, it might be prudent to have me around to perhaps try to encourage them. I find the matter too important to risk there being no talk, especialy since you seem to believe that might actually be a case to consider. It might be worthwhile if it is not a dragon that brings forth this topic. You see, as a gesture of good will. Then it's less of a "There's humans all over the place, what are we -dragonkind- gonna do about it", but a "Well, Here you are, and now you as well, what are we -both humanity and dragonkind- gonna do about it."."
"Wouldn't it make more sense to have a human go, than an artificial imbecile? Besides...these are matters eons older than the earliest apes. In that whole time, only dragons have attended the Council of Wyrms."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47286 on: February 25, 2014, 06:15:42 pm »

"Is it better for her to release her fury, or to bottle it up for the next few centuries?"

"Mom doesn't know about Conny and Elizabeth though. Or HILDA..."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47287 on: February 25, 2014, 06:23:31 pm »

"Mom doesn't know about Conny and Elizabeth though. Or HILDA..."
"Or the other women. But the other option is leaving your family permanently split, and that's not an ideal option."
Will grins. "And don't tell your father I said this, but I think it would be nice if he finally learned a bit of romantic responsibility."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47288 on: February 25, 2014, 06:25:34 pm »

"Or the other women. But the other option is leaving your family permanently split, and that's not an ideal option."
Will grins. "And don't tell your father I said this, but I think it would be nice if he finally learned a bit of romantic responsibility."

"Other women?" Lunette asks, her eyes widening as her shoulders slump.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47289 on: February 25, 2014, 06:26:56 pm »

"Well, it might be time for some change then. If humanity stands for anything, it's progress and change, rather than stagnation. I am the proof. Already, humanity is creating sentient beings through sheer technology alone, without any need for magic. And technological progress is exponential. Mankind is not meaningless apes, mankind is a wave of change to flow around, below and above stagnationg to topple it. In short, we matter. It will become rather difficult negotiations if the dragons start with the viewpoint that we don't."

ICARUS revs up the bracelet unit. The dragon should not be able to hear any of what is said via that.

<Hey guys, I could use some backup over here. Remember the dragon we iced yesterday? Looks like that little one that showed up soon after kinda took offense, and is now gonna tell on us with the real big shots. Maybe you guys should come and try to defuse the situation? I mean, I know this is what *should* be done, but to be honest, I am built for war, and actually kinda keen on showing these overgrown lizards what human ingenuity is capable off. Sooo I might not be the best to actually argue humanities case. Anybody who feels like a war of humanity against the dragons should be avoided or is simply bored should really sound up now."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47290 on: February 25, 2014, 06:39:10 pm »

"Other women?" Lunette asks, her eyes widening as her shoulders slump.
"Exactly."

"Well, it might be time for some change then. If humanity stands for anything, it's progress and change, rather than stagnation. I am the proof. Already, humanity is creating sentient beings through sheer technology alone, without any need for magic. And technological progress is exponential. Mankind is not meaningless apes, mankind is a wave of change to flow around, below and above stagnationg to topple it. In short, we matter. It will become rather difficult negotiations if the dragons start with the viewpoint that we don't."
"If there is change that must be, the Council of Wyrms will order change."

ICARUS revs up the bracelet unit. The dragon should not be able to hear any of what is said via that.
She does not.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47291 on: February 25, 2014, 06:42:22 pm »

"See, this is the problem. Coexistance means acknowledgements. They way you talk, it sounds more like a bunch of very very old men who take their rule over the world for granted. If they make decisions regarding humanity *before* even talking to humanity, nothing good will come of it."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47292 on: February 25, 2014, 06:44:38 pm »

"So your humans' leaders make sure to talk with each and every of the beings their decisions affect?"
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47293 on: February 25, 2014, 06:54:45 pm »

"If that decision could lead to a full on war, talk is usualy involved. Don't make the mistake of underestimating us. That dragon near Standford was taken out in not even a minute, without it causing a single casualty or even serious wounds. Dragonkind must ask itself - do the consequences of a war with mankind stand in reasonable proportions with the benefit? I am military hardware. I might not be the best diplomat, but I can calculate risks. War is too costly, for both sides. Coexistance is by a large margin the superior option. I fear however, your council might be too...stagnated. They are used to ruling the earth alone, and might not be familiar with an actual threat to dragonkind. What you say suggests they might shrug the issue off - as if humanity was insects. That would be a mistake that will cost too many lives on both sides. Representatives of humanity must be at the table when decisions are made."

aaand off to sleep

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47294 on: February 25, 2014, 07:01:32 pm »

"Exactly."

Lunette simply leaves Will's room and heads to her bedroom, shutting the door behind her.
Pages: 1 ... 3151 3152 [3153] 3154 3155 ... 4748