Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3088 3089 [3090] 3091 3092 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3134010 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Oh look, Elf updated the thread title.
« Reply #46335 on: February 23, 2014, 07:43:44 am »

((I don't have a clue. I think the GM just substracts an amount arbitrarily decided, so I made up my own formula for how it works on ICARUS. Request to GWG, post your mana rules))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Oh look, Elf updated the thread title.
« Reply #46336 on: February 23, 2014, 07:53:27 am »

((I don't have a clue. I think the GM just substracts an amount arbitrarily decided, so I made up my own formula for how it works on ICARUS. Request to GWG, post your mana rules))
((My mana rules depend on how much damage the attack is intended to do/what the thing is and classified into different types of mana consumption.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46337 on: February 23, 2014, 07:54:50 am »

((Well Just did up my Stella's mana, acording to the rules that I had not noticed Elf had changed, and modified the link in EMP's post, I need to change some of the Biographical details too now. Also all of Stella's mana is  her literal firepower it's all she uses it for and her entire magic stat (at least at the moment) is her breath's power, so may have to work out something specific, may not though anyway I am just going to go and subtract 30 mana leaving 95/125 in her tank to try to set the kaiju on fire, still not sure what to roll though (D100, D20 etc, and how the stats help)

And bed time))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:36:32 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46338 on: February 23, 2014, 09:26:54 am »

"Cockrocket fire!" HILDA says as she fires a rocket from her cock-thingy on her Alpha form. The explosive projectile is around 17.7 centimeters in diameter, and bears characteristics similar to a Hellfire missile.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46339 on: February 23, 2014, 09:29:45 am »

"How uncivilised..."

ICARUS is still charging
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46340 on: February 23, 2014, 10:01:50 am »

Lunette teleports next to/near ICARUS, clad in her enchanted armour, "What's going on?" She asks, staring up at the Kaiju.

Neferis is still back at the castle, and probably won't join the epic (?) battle without someone dragging her in. Sorry about that.

You have exactly zero guesses as to what Ester is doing right now.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46341 on: February 23, 2014, 10:03:36 am »

"Details don't matter, just kill that thing or retreat."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46342 on: February 23, 2014, 10:04:22 am »

"Details don't matter, just kill that thing or retreat."

"How?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46343 on: February 23, 2014, 10:05:24 am »

"That depends on your methods of attack, or your methods of retreat."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46344 on: February 23, 2014, 10:07:05 am »

((You may want to check Keith's sheet GWG. He has stats and well, it's a good thing that shirtless guy has the same armor class as a medival night in platemail.))
He doesn't have a sheet, or at least you hid it well.

((Succubus stats are up to you. total roll was just over 80 so that might be a base line.))
Oh. Yay.

((Well, Izzy's golems are technically robots. And they didn't blow her up. :P))
ELF
ELF
Angel stares at Alistair.
"I...I...I don't feel good..."
She throws up. On Alistair.
Angel just sort of stares, horrified.
EEELF

Anyways, turn coming in a bit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46345 on: February 23, 2014, 10:10:08 am »

"That depends on your methods of attack, or your methods of retreat."

"Oh. I'll keep an eye out then."

Lunette simply observes the dragon, keeping an eye for any attacks. If it gets close she fires lead bullets from her gauntlet at it. (AKA a STR based ranged attack)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46346 on: February 23, 2014, 10:12:24 am »

"Cockrocket fire!" HILDA says as she fires a rocket from her cock-thingy on her Alpha form. The explosive projectile is around 17.7 centimeters in diameter, and bears characteristics similar to a Hellfire missile.
((*winks*))
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #46347 on: February 23, 2014, 10:42:35 am »

((You may want to check Keith's sheet GWG. He has stats and well, it's a good thing that shirtless guy has the same armor class as a medival night in platemail.))
He doesn't have a sheet, or at least you hid it well.

((Succubus stats are up to you. total roll was just over 80 so that might be a base line.))
Oh. Yay.

((Well, Izzy's golems are technically robots. And they didn't blow her up. :P))
ELF
ELF
Angel stares at Alistair.
"I...I...I don't feel good..."
She throws up. On Alistair.
Angel just sort of stares, horrified.
EEELF

Anyways, turn coming in a bit.
You are using Emp's list right?
It's there. Under Keith. I checked.

Keith wanders about probably feeling disappointed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46348 on: February 23, 2014, 10:44:01 am »

Spoiler: RULES (click to show/hide)

IRIS: TAUNT BUTTON
Kyle:  Only a four? Wow my luck sucks. LAUNCH AGAIN!

Kyle:
There's a decent chance of a four. 8%, by my count. Not important, though.
[37+11]v[41+42]
"STOP THROWING ME!"

IRIS:
[6+15]
Their taunts are ineffective.

Luna berets the succubus and attempts again.

The succubus shrugs and attacks again.
Sadly, she doesn't have any berets. And the succubus doesn't like them, anyways.
[50+24vYeah, no]
Sorry.
[11+17v8+42-3]
Dammit succubus, stop sucing!

Hit wit sword more.
Rather than call upon the wrath of God, Corebus tries hitting it with a sword.
Jump: [9+15]
Maybe you should try going about this in a more...saintly manner. Or alternatively, use stairs to get high.

Fine one more post for me.
FIRE CROTCH ROCKET
[32+5v15+42-6]
Why do these dragons have to be so fast?

((Cyrielle didn't attack, lock-on just makes her next attack against the target an auto-hit. Also, she has 50 MP as does everyone with 0 MAG.))
Cyrielle fires a shot straight into the dragon's eye. As her lock-on was successful, this hits without requiring a roll.
Damage is MND-roll based, damage is below average but interferes with organ function and causes slight bleeding. Dragon must take a MND roll (DC 19) to avoid losing control of its body.

((Whoops, and so what, respectively.))
Magic Resistance: [22+12*v17+24]
*Not quite standard magic, so halved bonus. I mentioned this in the thing, right?
[46+24v27+13]
0.7*(20+(3*30))=77
Magic Resistance: [46+12v38+...24?]
[18+13]
The end decision for DC was...19% of health gone, add Cyrielle's mind...43?

Some of the other combatants begin to attack, but does it really matter? They soon realize that Colrath failed his save against a save-or-die effect.

...That was fun. Now for the big question: What the hell are we going to do with this dragon?

You are using Emp's list right?
It's there. Under Keith. I checked.
Why isn't it in your post with your other characters? The one that's easy to find?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46349 on: February 23, 2014, 10:46:34 am »

Lunette examines the dragon corpse.
Pages: 1 ... 3088 3089 [3090] 3091 3092 ... 4748