Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2846 2847 [2848] 2849 2850 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3123768 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #42705 on: February 15, 2014, 12:06:05 pm »

"That wouldn't happen as pain overrides pleasure. Starving and being dehydrated are quite painful."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42706 on: February 15, 2014, 12:07:10 pm »

"Well-"

"enough."

Sup, Stella.

"Tch, amateur. Let me handle this."

She turns to ICARUS.

"Without that 'disadvantage', you would not exist. Shall I explain?"

Marie comforts Bethany quietly.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #42707 on: February 15, 2014, 12:10:47 pm »

((What did I miss? :P))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42708 on: February 15, 2014, 12:11:43 pm »

((People arguing with ICARUS. ICARUS making questionable arguments.

Also things and stuff. :P ))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #42709 on: February 15, 2014, 12:14:51 pm »

"It has already been explained. You are correct, my own existance is irrelevant. This is why emotions are a negative thing. The crippling self-doubt as a result of realisation of the own irrelevance would render me inefficent.

Or to shorten the point: Are positive emotions worth the negative ones? Negative emotions cause nearly 800.000 to 1.000.000 suicides per year. How would the ICARUS model benefit?"

((also semi afk, cooking))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42710 on: February 15, 2014, 12:16:12 pm »

((People arguing with ICARUS. ICARUS making questionable arguments.

Also things and stuff. :P ))
((I leave for one night, and then 28 pages happen. Damnit.))
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42711 on: February 15, 2014, 12:20:20 pm »

"You were created by people with desires, and in fact your values were programmed in by people with emotions. Your form is proof enough of that.

Nonetheless, you still fail to understand. You are an individual who is constantly in situations that demand, if not feeling emotions, at least an understanding thereof. You have proven in nearly every interaction with sentients (and even non-sentients) that your current programming, lacking empathy,  is quite inefficient for that task. Whether or not you claim it to be your purpose, competence at this is mandatory, because it is quite impossible for you to avoid interaction. The same is true of any others of your model.  Understanding the emotions of others would allow at least...say,  a 20% increase to your performance, even in combat. After all, much of your combat is against people and things with emotions."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42712 on: February 15, 2014, 12:57:24 pm »

"Failure to reproduce result of your calculation, requesting parameters."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42713 on: February 15, 2014, 01:00:07 pm »

"Irrelevant. That was nothing more than a conjecture. But consider the incident with Meme and the  teddy bear. Had you sufficient empathy or even merely acceptance of the existence of alternate priority models, you would have solved the situation with about...less than a third of the time investment."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42714 on: February 15, 2014, 01:08:21 pm »

"Understood. Will relay the log files of this conversation to IRIS. A council will decide wether or not to install emotions."

------

((Short mini-plot imbound, anyone who wants to argue pro or contra of emotions on a robot may take controle over a council member - which just happens to be identical in stats to one of your characters, oh joy. Enemies will be equal in number of the players who argue, a certain number of them must be convinced. HP = Conviction, how firm you stand on your viewpoint, Str = how heavy your arguement is, End = how heavy your counterarguement is, mind = instead of dex for weather or not you can put your arguement into words that can actually land. Damage is multiplied by a factor that is determined by the actual arguement of the player, and may or may not be decided randomly depending on wether it looks like you put efford into the arguement or not. those who want to argue as a council member post the relevant stats and on which side you want to argue.))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42715 on: February 15, 2014, 01:13:46 pm »

((Jeez Akroma, you're practically temping Armok to read this thread. :P ))

Marie is still comforting Bethany.

"Again, you misunderstand. Empathy is not the same as sympathy. I can understand a thing without agreeing with it. You can be programmed to understand emotion without actively feeling it in a way that negatively affects your routines."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42716 on: February 15, 2014, 01:15:47 pm »

Bethany is still crying a bunch. Corebus is still trying to be understanding and fatherly.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42717 on: February 15, 2014, 01:15:55 pm »

Ashley starts sobbing, muffled by her pillow. A few people might notice it over her audio feeds. She takes off her bracelet quickly though.
Conny hears and goes off to investigate.

The cub is adorable! D'awwwwww

Ashley doesn't respond.
"Ash? You okay?"

Ashley hugs Nodoka.
"Hello dear."
"Ash... whats wrong? Please tell me."

Selina is unsure of what to do with Angel being sad(?) and wanting to spend time with Maria... and how crowded Richards room is getting.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #42718 on: February 15, 2014, 01:26:49 pm »

((What did I miss? :P))
((Ashley locking herself in her room to cry. Sliver of audio went through before she took off the bracelet.))
Ashley just hugs Nodoka.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42719 on: February 15, 2014, 01:31:26 pm »

((Jeez Akroma, you're practically temping Armok to read this thread. :P ))

Marie is still comforting Bethany.

"Again, you misunderstand. Empathy is not the same as sympathy. I can understand a thing without agreeing with it. You can be programmed to understand emotion without actively feeling it in a way that negatively affects your routines."

"If you wish to present your case, you speaking in front of the council can be arranged, alongside Primary user Kyle."
Pages: 1 ... 2846 2847 [2848] 2849 2850 ... 4748