Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2844 2845 [2846] 2847 2848 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3124240 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #42675 on: February 15, 2014, 11:13:32 am »

"The biological imperative is irrelevant for my main directive. The question of wether or not my life is relevant is the kind of question that would only lead to suffering for entities with a soul. By adhering to my main directive, it becomes irrelevant."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #42676 on: February 15, 2014, 11:14:58 am »

"Your main directive is to arguing that you have a right to tell other units their purpose without any evidence?"

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42677 on: February 15, 2014, 11:15:05 am »

"N-Not good..."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42678 on: February 15, 2014, 11:16:30 am »

"...can I damage her? please? She's getting nonsensical."

Marie nuzzles into Bethany's shoulder.
"Tell me."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42679 on: February 15, 2014, 11:18:55 am »

-snip-
"You are no longer biological. Your only purpose in life, reproduction, has been compromised. As a direct result, you are now useless. There is no further need for you to exist."

---

"Cure to disease in biological lifeforms have been the result of millions of years of evolution. The cure for polio allowed weaker humans to continue their lifes and reproduce, and as a whole was detrimetal to the quality of the human genome."
Will feels like he's needed somewhere to provide a rebuttal.
Repeatedly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42680 on: February 15, 2014, 11:19:43 am »

"No. However, gathering data regarding the possible improvements regarding the ICARUS model is. The lack of emotions makes certain things hard to understand, and understanding is positive. However, a counter arguement for emotions can be observed at this moment. Because the unit Bismuth possesses the desire to have a purpose in life, she becomes agitated over the notion that her life lacks purpose, to the point where she is threathening to damage an ally. Should the ICARUS model hold the same capacity for anger as unit Bismuth does, the negative effects would outweight the positive ones."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42681 on: February 15, 2014, 11:21:49 am »

The Selenites Shenanigans~ him over to ICARUS because Aria is terrible. probably.

Bismuth sighs.

"I have a purpose in life. Existence itself is enough. Not that you understand. You don't seem to place any value on sentient life whatsoever, even though it is not a thing that can be replaced so easily."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42682 on: February 15, 2014, 11:22:38 am »

"I-I stabbed my boyfriend in the chest..."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42683 on: February 15, 2014, 11:24:07 am »

"You are also implying unit Bismuth is useless. She has many practical uses in theory. If unit ICARUS had emotions like unit Bismuth she would also know how to avoid causing negative emotions. Which by the way have a very good reason for biological units to have."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42684 on: February 15, 2014, 11:24:26 am »

"How did that happen?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42685 on: February 15, 2014, 11:25:10 am »

"Being difficult or impossible to replace is detrimetal to the stated purpose: Continued existance. The biological imperative is solving that problem through redundancy. Any standard biological unit can be replaced to ensure the continued existance of the genome of the species."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42686 on: February 15, 2014, 11:26:22 am »

"How did that happen?"
"I-I wasn't in a good place and then he grabbed me to make m-me calm down and t-then I stabbed him..."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42687 on: February 15, 2014, 11:27:37 am »

"All biological life can not be replaced to the most efficient it can be."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42688 on: February 15, 2014, 11:29:07 am »

"Correct. The entirety of biological life can not be replaced. Individuals however are irrelevant to the entirety of biological life."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42689 on: February 15, 2014, 11:30:06 am »

"Jeez...I thought you at least would be able to understand the concept of people having different priorities, at least. That's a basic concept of diplomacy and interaction. What sort of idiot programmed you, anyways?

Besides, as you yourself said, since I am no longer biological, I am hardly subject to a biological imperative."
Pages: 1 ... 2844 2845 [2846] 2847 2848 ... 4748