Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2843 2844 [2845] 2846 2847 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3124277 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #42660 on: February 15, 2014, 10:41:23 am »

Saber yawns. He was quite tired from chasing that wig from earlier.

Neferis gently picks Saber up, cradles him in her arms, and goes looking for a bed for him to sleep in.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42661 on: February 15, 2014, 10:48:18 am »

There are some books on that out already.

Keith shrugs.
THATS NOT A FUCKING ANSWER!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42662 on: February 15, 2014, 10:50:52 am »

<sup Will?>
<Not much. Bethany's in a bad headspace since she accidentally stabbed Keith.>

"Assessement of inferior model ignored, logic concludes that it's inferiority makes it less likely to find a solution than me."
Meta!Will smacks ICARUS's meta-aura.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #42663 on: February 15, 2014, 10:52:13 am »

"Here, I'll hand you to her."
Keith hands the knife to Bethany.
"It's not Hitler."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42664 on: February 15, 2014, 10:54:04 am »

"Here, I'll hand you to her."
Keith hands the knife to Bethany.
"It's not Hitler."
C-Corebus?
Hail mein Kind, what ails you.
For the next few minutes there is a lot of cried explanation and reassuring german fatherlyness.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #42665 on: February 15, 2014, 10:58:06 am »

ICARUS eventually returns.

"I have consulted the works of the greatest human philosophers, and have come to a conclusion regarding the value of emotions. Plutchiks wheel of emotion designates eigth main emotions, on varrying degrees of severity and in certain mixtures. Out of these eight, only 4, joy, trust, anticipation and suprise, can be described as positive while the remaining 4, fear, sadness, disgust and anger ultimately only lead to suffering. Furthermore, trust can be misplaced and in being broken, lead to negative emotions. Suprise is in 50% of all cases negative. Anticipation is only positive when linked to a positive events.

As a whole, emotions have a negative impact on life. Furthermore, self-realisation and having a choice seems to be an overrated construct of the human mind. Biological life has the imperative of nothing else but reproduce to continue your existance. Humanity seems unable to be content with this, and seeks for a higher purpose in life, leading only to suffering. The works of Siddartha Gautama explain that all suffering is caused by desire. Only be freeing yourself of desire, can achieve true content.
Take for example, this toaster. It was built for a singular directive, and during the entire time of it's existance, will fullfill that directive. It will never experience worry, self-doubt and the crippling anxiety that comes with the feeling of insignificance. Is this a concept that can be significantly improved by giving it a soul capable of emotion, the desire to rise above its own existance and self-realisation?

Recommendation: Remove emotions from your minds, and focus on your main directive. The positive effects of joy are by far outnumbered by the negative effects of suffering. The decision to feel is illogical."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:01:22 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42666 on: February 15, 2014, 11:00:54 am »

-snip-

Neferis just sadly slinks into another room with Saber, not saying anything back.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42667 on: February 15, 2014, 11:02:48 am »

"Unit ICARUS. Counter argument. By fulfilling their main purpose humans have begun to mess up their world. Are you saying that being aware of what they are doing and trying to fix it is a bad thing?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42668 on: February 15, 2014, 11:04:19 am »

"Incorrect. Destruction of the environment is a result of the desire to elevate your own being as a result of seeking purpose in your life. It's not a result of the main directive of biological life."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42669 on: February 15, 2014, 11:05:40 am »

Bismuth facepalms.

"ICARUS. I'm not a machine, nor artificial. Shaddup."
Marie swooshes over to Bethany!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42670 on: February 15, 2014, 11:07:12 am »

"Cessation of the destruction of the environment is also part of rising above their purpose in life. Cure to polio and many other diseases have resulted from that drive. Are these not good things? You also would not have come into being without humans rising above their purpose."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42671 on: February 15, 2014, 11:09:34 am »

"H-Hi..."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42672 on: February 15, 2014, 11:10:12 am »

"You are no longer biological. Your only purpose in life, reproduction, has been compromised. As a direct result, you are now useless. There is no further need for you to exist."

---

"Cure to disease in biological lifeforms have been the result of millions of years of evolution. The cure for polio allowed weaker humans to continue their lifes and reproduce, and as a whole was detrimetal to the quality of the human genome."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42673 on: February 15, 2014, 11:11:11 am »

"You ignored the latter part of my argument."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42674 on: February 15, 2014, 11:12:56 am »

"Right,because I should give a damn about what some random person thinks is my  'purpose.'

ICARUS, if you keep talking about morality, I will break you."

Marie applies hugs to Bethany.

"sup?"
Pages: 1 ... 2843 2844 [2845] 2846 2847 ... 4748