Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2778 2779 [2780] 2781 2782 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3117694 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #41685 on: February 12, 2014, 11:35:13 am »

Bismuth is inside. She sees the magic fog and attempts to dispell it with alchemy.

...given that she has no materials and her Mind stat isn't that good, this probably doesn't work, but I never said Bismuth was smart.

In a stunning turn of events, Marie is still outside!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41686 on: February 12, 2014, 11:38:37 am »

N'thara goes to Lyle's room to wake him.

[ROLL: 84] N'thara manages to make it to Lyle's room, after a few weird detours. He seems half-awake already, at least.

Mallory takes 25 damage but before he can do anything the creature is easily killed by everyone's simultaneous attack. Considering his mental state, he is not pleased, "Really? Fucking really?! I use a power that hurts my mind and body to use and the thing is just a joke anyway? God damnit! Fuck this shit! Why do I even bother fucking helping people?!" He stabs the sword in the ground and walks away, once he is too far for him to hold its shape anymore it fizzles violently away. He mumbles angrily as he winces from the pain his arm is causing him as he re-enters the castle. ICARUS's alarm goes off again causing him to scowl, "No! Go fuck yourself with your alarms! We've got 10 super human leveled people here; we can solve most problems by just blinking hard enough!" He probably should have vented a bit more but instead he decided to just go back to the room and try to sleep, venting instead on the door which he slammed shut when he got back and lied in the bed and closed his eyes.

Right before Mallory closes his eyes, he half-sees the door to his room open and a figure step inside quietly.

ICARUS, getting no reaction from anyone, grabs a nearby guard and begins shaking him. And by shaking him, I mean like an industrial paint mixing machine shakes stuff.

The guard's head jumps about, but he just keeps snoring softly, despite ICARUS's best efforts to wake him.

Bismuth is inside. She sees the magic fog and attempts to dispell it with alchemy.

...given that she has no materials and her Mind stat isn't that good, this probably doesn't work, but I never said Bismuth was smart.

[MAG: 41] Bismuth's efforts do nothing against the fog, and it keeps thickening until Bismuth can barely see the opposite side of the room that she's in.

In a stunning turn of events, Marie is still outside!

Marie chills outside, I guess.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41687 on: February 12, 2014, 11:40:51 am »

((A tiny figure, she's a doll.))

N'thara gently shakes Lyle awake.

"I.. saw you, and I just.. I can't explain it..

what..?"
Black lives matter.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41688 on: February 12, 2014, 11:41:13 am »

((461/486HP))

Seeing that N'thara was failing at waking Lyle up but keeping him sorta awake in trying, Mallory decided to solve the problem himself. He sat up and gave Lyle a shove, "Oi, wake up. Your fairy is loud and annoying and I'm too pissed right now to deal with that kind of shit." His head turns to the shadow that entered his room, "And don't think I forgot about you, what the fuck do you want?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #41689 on: February 12, 2014, 11:42:00 am »

ICARUS cycles through all avaiable vision modes, including thermal, x-ray, and sonar.
Hainuwele is probably asleep.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #41690 on: February 12, 2014, 11:43:09 am »

Well, Marie opens the door and looks inside, yo.

"Well damn."

Bismuth tries to call on her boyfriend.
This fails because that would be much too convenient.

She rests on her sword and waits.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #41691 on: February 12, 2014, 11:43:34 am »

Kyle is content.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41692 on: February 12, 2014, 11:43:50 am »

Lyle falls off the bed.

"Ow.. That hurt.."

N'thara chuckles, then pulls her knife upon seeing the shadow .
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41693 on: February 12, 2014, 11:47:29 am »

ICARUS cycles through all avaiable vision modes, including thermal, x-ray, and sonar.
Hainuwele is probably asleep.

All vision modes, including x-ray and sonar, fail to penetrate the fog any better than the visual spectrum.

Well, Marie opens the door and looks inside, yo.

Marie doesn't really see anything, given the thick fog that smothers everything.

"Well damn."

Bismuth tries to call on her boyfriend.
This fails because that would be much too convenient.

She rests on her sword and waits.

USEC_OFFICER has no idea who Bismuth's boyfriend is, but he's not in this world, so... yeah. It fails. Neferis is there to comfortable Bismuth though, if that helps.

Kyle is content.

Kelyn is sleeping beside him, snoring softly.

Seeing that N'thara was failing at waking Lyle up but keeping him sorta awake in trying, Mallory decided to solve the problem himself. He sat up and gave Lyle a shove, "Oi, wake up. Your fairy is loud and annoying and I'm too pissed right now to deal with that kind of shit." His head turns to the shadow that entered his room, "And don't think I forgot about you, what the fuck do you want?"

The figure, still half-hidden in the darkness, smiles slightly, "For you to die." The figure pulls out a knife from somewhere and lunges at Mallory.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41694 on: February 12, 2014, 11:49:24 am »

ICARUS remains in high alert mode, draws her blade and remains absolutely motionless, listening for movement.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41695 on: February 12, 2014, 11:50:18 am »

Kyle looks at the door slowly.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41696 on: February 12, 2014, 11:51:41 am »

ICARUS remains in high alert mode, draws her blade and remains absolutely motionless, listening for movement.

ICARUS faintly hears laughter coming from... somewhere.

Kyle looks at the door slowly.

The latch of the door shakes a bit, as if someone was trying to open it.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41697 on: February 12, 2014, 11:52:47 am »

"Reveal yourself."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41698 on: February 12, 2014, 11:53:50 am »

Kyle gets up grabs his rifle and blasts the entirety of the door to the best of his abilities.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41699 on: February 12, 2014, 11:56:19 am »

Mallory was already rather pissed so he didn't really need to relive past memories to summon his powers. Not one for caring really about defense either, he decided instead of dodging or blocking, to use his powers and make an orb of the dark energy he had summoned earlier and throw it at the assailant.
Pages: 1 ... 2778 2779 [2780] 2781 2782 ... 4748