Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2755 2756 [2757] 2758 2759 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3119123 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #41340 on: February 11, 2014, 11:59:42 am »

"How would one go about doing that without being burned or absorbed?"
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41341 on: February 11, 2014, 12:09:43 pm »

Lyle sits down and (if there's food on the table) eats entirely too much for how frail he looks. Otherwise (if food is not present on the table) he politely waits for staff to come over.

Food is present and plentiful, though most of it is meat.

"See this guy over there? (pointing at Will). This guy reguralarly beds a dragon. And he is one of our weakest fighters in the group."

Genovefa nods slowly, "Is... That true?"

"And no humans do that? Heck, some don't even leave their homelands to do that."

"I'm an elf, and certainly none of my people have ever done that."

"I'll count this as a win."

Kelyn grunts softly.

"Noted. I don't expect dog-men to be a problem. Tell me, how dangerous are the dragons, giants, and such, and why?"

"They attack travelers, of course. Perhaps even devour them whole, if you can believe the tales. Of course we haven't seen any... dragons or giants here, but apparently they are ferocious creatures, with the strength of several men, and armour that no sword that pierce."

Sen places the cookbook back on the shelf and heads back to the dining area.

The conversation level in the Great Hall goes down a few notches as Sen returns.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #41342 on: February 11, 2014, 12:15:50 pm »

"Look at how red his face has gotten, that should tell you about the truth of it better than any words."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41343 on: February 11, 2014, 12:16:34 pm »

Lyle almost vacuums up an entire three-foot-long salmon and half a boar in minutes.
Black lives matter.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #41344 on: February 11, 2014, 12:18:00 pm »

Marie shrugs at Gen's warnings.

"Sure, it's dangerous. But look around. This forest, as far as I can tell, is the only area in this world that's not dead. Now, considering how many abandoned villages and keeps litter the countryside...

I'd say that unless this world returns to normal, this forest is going to have to feed at least five times what it physically, chemically and biologically is able to produce. Do you understand why we are doing this now?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #41345 on: February 11, 2014, 12:19:13 pm »

Tobias returns to the feast.

Genovefa smiles at Tobias, "And how do you find my castle? I am sorry to say that it is not a proper home, but it is comfortable enough."
Tobias nods
"It is quite the home. I'm impressed with it. Though I did see something that peaked my interest..."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41346 on: February 11, 2014, 12:24:12 pm »

"Look at how red his face has gotten, that should tell you about the truth of it better than any words."

"Ah. I... believe that now is not the proper time to talk about such a subject."

Lyle almost vacuums up an entire three-foot-long salmon and half a boar in minutes.

The people sitting beside Lyle applaud his impressive display of eating prowess and offer him several cups of ale to wash it all down.

Marie shrugs at Gen's warnings.

"Sure, it's dangerous. But look around. This forest, as far as I can tell, is the only area in this world that's not dead. Now, considering how many abandoned villages and keeps litter the countryside...

I'd say that unless this world returns to normal, this forest is going to have to feed at least five times what it physically, chemically and biologically is able to produce. Do you understand why we are doing this now?"

She sighs, "I understand. Still, it is a dangerous quest you undertake, and many who traveled the path before you never returned. Unfortunately I cannot spare any of my men, but I will gladly provide you whatever aid I can."

Tobias nods
"It is quite the home. I'm impressed with it. Though I did see something that peaked my interest..."

Genovefa nods back, "Thank you. I have tried hard to turn this place into a home after the death of my parents. Tell me, what exactly peaked your interest?"

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41347 on: February 11, 2014, 12:26:37 pm »

Tobias sits up in his chair, bringing his hands up to the table.
"Well, a tapestry with a large feline beast fighting a figure on a horse."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41348 on: February 11, 2014, 12:34:13 pm »

Tobias sits up in his chair, bringing his hands up to the table.
"Well, a tapestry with a large feline beast fighting a figure on a horse."

She nods, "Ah, yes, I am familiar with that tapestry. It depicts the Beast of Aneirin attacking one of my ancestors, Lord Palug."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #41349 on: February 11, 2014, 12:35:45 pm »

"Anyway, if you really want to protect us, we can never have enough information. Anything you know that you forget to tell us now can turn into trouble later. So think sharp."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #41350 on: February 11, 2014, 12:40:42 pm »

Marie smiles wryly. "I appreciate your concern, but nonetheless I might ask more of you. Assuming your men do not succumb to old age or starvation, think of what will happen. People need to eat, milady. And they'll fight to do it.

In all likelyhood, this place will soon become a battleground if this keeps up."

"Marie, stop pressuring her."

"I'm just saying."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41351 on: February 11, 2014, 12:41:58 pm »

"Sounds like an intriguing tale, m'lady. Perhaps you shall tell me another time?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41352 on: February 11, 2014, 12:51:18 pm »

Genovefa nods slowly, "Is... That true?"
"No, ours is an entirely celibate relationship. And Hai, gossip is quite rude."

"I'm an elf, and certainly none of my people have ever done that."
"I'm sure."

"They attack travelers, of course. Perhaps even devour them whole, if you can believe the tales. Of course we haven't seen any... dragons or giants here, but apparently they are ferocious creatures, with the strength of several men, and armour that no sword that pierce."
"I see."
Will is unimpressed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41353 on: February 11, 2014, 01:04:09 pm »

"Anyway, if you really want to protect us, we can never have enough information. Anything you know that you forget to tell us now can turn into trouble later. So think sharp."

Genovefa thinks for several moments, "I am sorry, but I cannot offer much advice. But you should keep an item of silver upon you, for it is said that several monsters cannot stand the sight of such a pure metal. And even most monsters respect the laws of hospitality, and will not attack a guest at their table unless provoked. All lakes and rivers should be avoided as much as possible, for many terrible creatures lurk in their depths to pull honest travelers to their doom." She sighs, "Please forgive me, but all I know are these hallow truisms. We keep to our lands mostly, afraid of the terrors that lie deeper in the forest."

Marie smiles wryly. "I appreciate your concern, but nonetheless I might ask more of you. Assuming your men do not succumb to old age or starvation, think of what will happen. People need to eat, milady. And they'll fight to do it.

In all likelyhood, this place will soon become a battleground if this keeps up."

"Marie, stop pressuring her."

"I'm just saying."

"I understand, but I still cannot spare any of my men. We have our own problems to face, and I cannot just abandon my people so readily. In better times I would have not hesitated, but offered you a full retinue of knights. But many brave warriors have been killed from disease and raiders, and the rest are barely enough to patrol the lands I have. Please forgive me."

"Sounds like an intriguing tale, m'lady. Perhaps you shall tell me another time?"

"Of course. I would be honoured to."

"No, ours is an entirely celibate relationship. And Hai, gossip is quite rude."

"Ah." Genovefa shifts uncomfortably in her seat.

"I'm sure."

"We were too busy fighting off raiders to send off any of our own."

"I see."
Will is unimpressed.

Genovefa shrugs slightly.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #41354 on: February 11, 2014, 01:08:09 pm »

Alistair decides to go after Angel.