Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2625 2626 [2627] 2628 2629 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3129304 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #39390 on: February 07, 2014, 09:45:57 am »

"They probably destroyed her books. Tons and tons of knowledge some of which may be irreplacable, now gone. Well done, lets invite them to dinner."

"Did I miss something...?"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39391 on: February 07, 2014, 09:48:05 am »

Ester would find Sen throwing things around and still shouting obcenities. Sen then slumps down onto the ground as she just stares at the mess and wreckage. "I hadn't read those books yet..." Sen is sobbing.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39392 on: February 07, 2014, 09:49:08 am »

"They probably destroyed her books. Tons and tons of knowledge some of which may be irreplacable, now gone. Well done, lets invite them to dinner."
"Did I miss something...?"
"Kyle's dating the host of one of those angels who helped destroy the house."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39393 on: February 07, 2014, 09:50:06 am »

Ester would find Sen throwing things around and still shouting obcenities. Sen then slumps down onto the ground as she just stares at the mess and wreckage. "I hadn't read those books yet..." Sen is sobbing.

Ester smiles slightly and gives Sen a pat, "It'll be okay. At least you're safe, and that's what counts, right?"

"Kyle's dating the host of one of those angels who helped destroy the house."

Ester sighs and rolls her eyes.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39394 on: February 07, 2014, 09:53:31 am »

Sen shakes her head, "They were mostly first and second additions..." Sen then suddenly stands up, "Where the hell is Atlas?!" Sen proceeds to look around for Atlas.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39395 on: February 07, 2014, 09:54:35 am »

Sen shakes her head, "They were mostly first and second additions..." Sen then suddenly stands up, "Where the hell is Atlas?!" Sen proceeds to look around for Atlas.

Ester looks around too, "I have no idea."

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39396 on: February 07, 2014, 10:00:23 am »

A pair of clay legs walk in. Atlas is missing its entire upper body. "How are y-" And the legs slump to the ground, becoming lifeless.

"Shit..."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39397 on: February 07, 2014, 10:01:17 am »

A pair of clay legs walk in. Atlas is missing its entire upper body. "How are y-" And the legs slump to the ground, becoming lifeless.

"Shit..."

Ester stares at Atlas's legs, "Uh... What do we do?"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39398 on: February 07, 2014, 10:03:51 am »

"I feel ignoring it and just letting someone else find him would be the best course of action..." Sen grabs Ester's hand and leads her out of the house.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39399 on: February 07, 2014, 10:06:42 am »

"I feel ignoring it and just letting someone else find him would be the best course of action..." Sen grabs Ester's hand and leads her out of the house.

Ester follows behind Sen, "Okay... If you say so."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #39400 on: February 07, 2014, 10:13:58 am »

"During the battle, the angel only had controle over the body for a certain time, during other times it was Selesarna. And hey, I have yet to hear a single word of regret from the host. "Well, it's not like I could have done anything to prevent this, but I'm sorry about how you lose your home and belongings etc". Angels need conscent to be hosted in a body, so even assuming that she was not fully aware of the consequences of hosting Asariel, it's still a mistake that she has made, and she is not showing any remorse for it happening.

Also, stop saying *there isn't anything we can do about it*.

They are strong, extraordinarily so. Much more than any of us alone. If we face them in such an uncoordinated disasterous way as we did today, of course we would fail. Are you all such a bunch on incompetents? We have been the fallen angels Asariels victim, she prayed upon us for the sheer enjoyment of it - and gets away with it? You gutless spineless cowards. For shame. For shame indeed. You just stay in hiding licking your wounds, watching the angels in helpless envy. Pretend nothing happened until some ordinary robber comes along that you can defeat without even an inkling of danger involved and then feel heroic about it. Today we were the victims of angels, because we were unprepared. Tomorrow and for the rest of our lives we will be victims of our own defeatism. Not 7 years ago, humans were to us fingerlings, as the angels of today are to you - a seemingly insurmountable enemy, that could have done whatever, we were subjected to their whims for the better or the worse. Through hardship and determination, I have moved beyond that, and now an ordinary human is no longer a threat to me. It was only that power that gave me the confidence to move out into the world and seek a better solution than killing the humans, and with the help of you guys, I have been able to. I am deeply grateful for that, and it is because of that, that I can no just sit here and watch you all despair, lick your wounds and just hope that this will never happen again. Defeatism is a plague. It will infest your mind, until all the lies you are telling yourself about your inabilities become true. Just like I have risen above the limits I once believed I had, so can you. You are the protectors of the world. You can not stop losing faith in yourself the moment something comes along that you can't just immediatly take apart.

The fallen angel Asariel now stands alone. Dumah no longer needs her, and she has fallen out of grace with heaven - nobody will mourn her. Only once we have made this angel our prey, and washed away our tears with her still warm blood, only than can we truely overcome this defeatism. So rest now, rebuild and recover, but do not let the fire in your heart begin to dwindle until one day it extinguishes. We may not be ready to end Asariel just yet - but our time will come.

So please Will, and anyone else who has already given up, don't discourage yourself. I have *seen* your speed with my own eyes Will. The precision and efficency of your movements when you were about to catch me were superb. It was only by my lifelong training and experience in evasion that I was able to dodge you, and it was by a hairs width. Pick up a blade, and you will be able to become a fearsome fighter that will not have to shy away from a challenge. Together, the lot of us *CAN and WILL* overcome Asariel. She will pay the price for thinking us insignificant.

------------------

"If the material Neferis is made off is supernatural in nature, a professional Golem-Builder should be contacted for professional advice on the matter and the methods of enhancements."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #39401 on: February 07, 2014, 10:14:47 am »

Bismuth and Marie both get +5 even though Twi was sleepy.

Marie's serverness plots shenanigans. EVERYWHERE.

Marie is probably chilling.

Bismuth is staying around with Neferis.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39402 on: February 07, 2014, 10:15:31 am »

"The angels killed Yuri's mom and left. You're not going to find many people interested in pursuing revenge against beings who wiped the floor with us last time, let alone investing significant time and effort trying to find and reach them first. There's nothing we can do.
"And what do you expect her to say? 'Oh, by the way, sorry about deciding to be host to an angel who wound up destroying your house'? That doesn't just come up in conversation often."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #39403 on: February 07, 2014, 10:16:58 am »

"Also, mon, it was a job. I enjoy ma job, but tha's what it is."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39404 on: February 07, 2014, 10:20:54 am »

Bismuth is staying around with Neferis.

More like Neferis is staying around Bismuth, giving hold closely she's holding her.
Pages: 1 ... 2625 2626 [2627] 2628 2629 ... 4748