Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2608 2609 [2610] 2611 2612 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3130448 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Angels and fighting and plot oh my
« Reply #39135 on: February 06, 2014, 10:22:47 pm »

<Why'd they bother doing it if it was likely to be a failure? Your family seems like they would NEVER take that kind of risk.>

<Not important.>

<...you're probably right. :/ >

<Because we TRIED everything else.>
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #39136 on: February 06, 2014, 10:24:38 pm »

<I mean...what made you so desperate in the first place?>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #39137 on: February 06, 2014, 10:25:53 pm »

<Kyle. Keep your head up. We'll win. Trust me."

"As do I. Though I have the feeling everything is going to shit with my friends.."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #39138 on: February 06, 2014, 10:27:37 pm »

<I can't. Not on this.>
Kyle cries with renewed strength as he realizes the futility of it all.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39139 on: February 06, 2014, 10:28:31 pm »

<It's not viable. She was originally bound to our bloodline by a ritual involving the sacrifice of nearly three hundred virgin daughters of our bloodline in order to produce enough energy to even begin to bind her... To this day we don't know why it actually worked, only that it did. We had pretty much given up at that point, and it was a last act of desperation. We expected it to fail, and for us to be destroyed soon after. The only thing I can think of... No, it doesn't really make any sense for it to be because of it, but... maybe she took pity on them. All those girls. There were more, there... ready. They had to do it themselves, and every one of them did, without hesitation or regret.
I think that part of her just... didn't want them to do it. I'm not sure why, it doesn't make sense, knowing her, but...
I don't know. There aren't many records of it, and the ritual wasn't preserved, so that noone could study it and find a way to set her free, somehow.
That's all I know.>

((Oh come on.))
<So, Shys'm Caes saw the sacrifice of hundreds of virgins, took pity on them...and went with the desires of the guys who sacrificed them? Perhaps we could exploit the horrible and crippling idiocy that becoming the Overgod seems to afflict one with?>

<I can't. Not on this.>
Kyle cries with renewed strength as he realizes the futility of it all.
<Yuri and me are working out a solution. Don't worry.>
P.S. Will is almost as good a liar as he is a lie-detector.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39140 on: February 06, 2014, 10:28:52 pm »

Kyle slowly stops crying as much.
<Ashley. We failed. And now... it's over isn't it? It is. I can feel it inside... It's like the very void you're in... I'm scared.>
Conny keeps hugging Kyle.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #39141 on: February 06, 2014, 10:30:02 pm »

<Kyle. Get your shit together. I would say look at me, but I'm kinda a blob.>
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #39142 on: February 06, 2014, 10:30:46 pm »

<It's not viable. She was originally bound to our bloodline by a ritual involving the sacrifice of nearly three hundred virgin daughters of our bloodline in order to produce enough energy to even begin to bind her... To this day we don't know why it actually worked, only that it did. We had pretty much given up at that point, and it was a last act of desperation. We expected it to fail, and for us to be destroyed soon after. The only thing I can think of... No, it doesn't really make any sense for it to be because of it, but... maybe she took pity on them. All those girls. There were more, there... ready. They had to do it themselves, and every one of them did, without hesitation or regret.
I think that part of her just... didn't want them to do it. I'm not sure why, it doesn't make sense, knowing her, but...
I don't know. There aren't many records of it, and the ritual wasn't preserved, so that noone could study it and find a way to set her free, somehow.
That's all I know.>

((Oh come on.))
<So, Shys'm Caes saw the sacrifice of hundreds of virgins, took pity on them...and went with the desires of the guys who sacrificed them? Perhaps we could exploit the horrible and crippling idiocy that becoming the Overgod seems to afflict one with?>

<Is there a single thing you're capable of saying that ISN'T completely rude?>
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39143 on: February 06, 2014, 10:32:04 pm »

That's all I know.>

((Oh come on.))
<Yes, but at the moment none are relevant and true. Well, some are, but you know what I mean. Jesus Christ.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39144 on: February 06, 2014, 10:32:42 pm »

<You all are to optimistic for your own good... And it's gonna... Get you...>
The words trail off as Kyle just kind of collapses ceasing to cry.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39145 on: February 06, 2014, 10:34:16 pm »

Conny holds him close.

Selina continues crying softly.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39146 on: February 06, 2014, 10:34:41 pm »

"Kyle, stop crying.
Everything is going to be fine."

N'thara also attempts to comfort Kyle by patting his arm.
Black lives matter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39147 on: February 06, 2014, 10:35:22 pm »

<You all are to optimistic for your own good... And it's gonna... Get you...>
The words trail off as Kyle just kind of collapses ceasing to cry.
<Kyle, you know me. Would I be optimistic without a reason?>

Angel hugs Kyle.
<Can I try to cheer him up? I think I know how. Conny, I'll need your help. Selina, too, if she's willing.>
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39148 on: February 06, 2014, 10:35:33 pm »

Kyle is limp and yielding. Like dough or a baby.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #39149 on: February 06, 2014, 10:35:54 pm »

That's all I know.>

((Oh come on.))
<Yes, but at the moment none are relevant and true. Well, some are, but you know what I mean. Jesus Christ.>
<She is, after all, a creator being.

Somewhat violently inclined due to how long she has existed, but at least at first she was very similar to depictions of mother earth, and pieces of that part of her are reflected in gods all across the world, just as pieces of her violent nature are. Is it so hard to believe that part of that nature may have caused it?>
Pages: 1 ... 2608 2609 [2610] 2611 2612 ... 4748