Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2453 2454 [2455] 2456 2457 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3121882 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Dragons paid us to replace the title
« Reply #36810 on: January 31, 2014, 11:07:01 pm »

<Wait what. You just now mentioned this to me?>
<Are you fucking deaf?!? There was a bomb! It exploded! I felt it despite being immersed in the server's VR! And we've been talking about it on the bracelets for like half an hour! I thought you were just busy or something, not fucking deaf!>
<Fuck you Will! I was fucking unconscious! You don't have to fucking call me bloody deaf! Plus, you seem to have forgotten that I blocked everyone except Kyle, Conny, and Richard on bracelet until I JUST FUCKING FOUND OUT!>
Well... Will kinda pissed off Ashley...
Cue Will getting a slap across the face.
[STR: 92+4] A really really hard slap.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #36811 on: January 31, 2014, 11:12:52 pm »

Yuri gets news of magical explosions through the bracelets and gets over to the explosion's epicenter through whatever means practical. Probably by grabbing Ashley because apparently Ashley is faster than bracelets.

Then she walks her way over to the epicenter, humming to herself as she reaches into a pocket on her dress, producing a small stick of chalk and beginning to draw.

SPELL 1: Magic circle, DC40 due to resources and experience. This has been established by Elf.

The spell creates an 'echo' of the spell that created the explosion, reaching into its effect on the world around it (just the fact that it's a bomb would cause it to be sufficiently important event to call at this temporal distance), creating a simulacrum of its magical wavelength.

Spell 2: Another magic circle around the first, also DC40.

uses the wavelength and a smartphone (taken from someone nearby, presumably a party member) to lock onto the point of origin of the spell (that is, the person that cast it) and track them through time and space, showing them as a waypoint on google maps.

Both of these are MIND rolls by the way.

Activating the spells is 1 hp each.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36812 on: January 31, 2014, 11:18:07 pm »

<Wait what. You just now mentioned this to me?>
<Are you fucking deaf?!? There was a bomb! It exploded! I felt it despite being immersed in the server's VR! And we've been talking about it on the bracelets for like half an hour! I thought you were just busy or something, not fucking deaf!>
<Fuck you Will! I was fucking unconscious! You don't have to fucking call me bloody deaf! Plus, you seem to have forgotten that I blocked everyone except Kyle, Conny, and Richard on bracelet until I JUST FUCKING FOUND OUT!>
<A: Is it my fault for not awakening you from that? B: How did you hear Marie telling you, then? C: Why the hell did you do that? It's fucking stupid in case of, I dunno, an emergency? D: Wha--> "Ow!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36813 on: January 31, 2014, 11:20:45 pm »

((Give me a while. I'll need to do all the reasoning Will has gone through and roll the die for Yuri's spells.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36814 on: January 31, 2014, 11:23:32 pm »

"A: No, fuck you, I wouldn't want you to wake me up. B: Marie has her ways, you should know that by now. And I was awake by the time she talked to me, which was after the explosion dumbass. C: Because fucking drama, that's why. I hate hearing everyone arguing. D: You fucking deserve that for calling me deaf, you ass!"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36815 on: January 31, 2014, 11:31:29 pm »

((Um, I don't think Yuri's stats are as low as her sheet says...))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #36816 on: January 31, 2014, 11:32:52 pm »

((Um, I don't think Yuri's stats are as low as her sheet says...))

((Excuse me?))
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36817 on: January 31, 2014, 11:34:41 pm »

((Assuming this is her sheet, she should have like 10 more points or so. Isn't single form stat base 75 now? With 80 if she's leveled up once?))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #36818 on: January 31, 2014, 11:34:48 pm »

((yuri hasn't fought, so no levels. Unless we want to randomly give her points.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #36819 on: January 31, 2014, 11:36:49 pm »

((Assuming this is her sheet, she should have like 10 more points or so. Isn't single form stat base 75 now? With 80 if she's leveled up once?))

((Didn't even level, she just got 3 stat points from a thing she did. And I think Personae count as a thing that make you a 60. I mean, if you WANT her to auto-suceed any magic circle roll she has time to set up, sure.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36820 on: January 31, 2014, 11:40:42 pm »

"Yes, I can use any rulestring I wish to, but explosion rules tend to drain my magic quickly. As cell count increases, my magic gets drained."

It seems that the man and the woman were either not lying, or flawless at lying.

Nothing jumps out about the perpetrator. By now, it's pointless trying to catch them if they aren't here, as they won't even know what they looked like. However, it may be possible to determine what method was used and whether the killer is indeed here and able to be brought to justice.

-There was no shrapnel or any signs of an explosive whether magic or not.
-Teleportation magic was used.

These two points were quite troubling. If teleportation was used, then there should have been an explosive to teleport. Three possibilities exist:
-The teleportation was somehow explosive.
-The teleportation DID NOT cause the explosion.
-There is a fourth magic X that has not been detected. In that case, there is no limit in number and hence there may be multiple magic Xs in play.

-The teleportation DID NOT cause the explosion.
That was the simplest most elegant solution, in that case,
-The man's magic could NOT have done it. His magic was of asymptotes and thus shouldn't be able to cause such an explosion.
-The lady desummoned the glider spaceship patten BEFORE it touched the ground. Its interactions with solids is unknown.
If that is correct, then,
-The lady was the bomber and the teleporter an accomplice.

-The teleportation was somehow explosive.
Possibilities include
-It doesn't JUST teleport, it causes explosions, or other harmful effects.
-Its a side-effect somehow.

The former case is rather self-explanatory and can be held with Devil's Proof, furthermore, it explains how the man died beforehand as a harmful effect teleported onto him may have turned them into a shell or zombie. In the second case, the idea that jumps to mind is fusion: atoms fuse due to nuclear force when in close proximity, electromagnetic force prevents that by repelling them, if atoms were teleported so that they were adjacent to other atoms, theoretically, fusion would occur.

-There is a fourth magic X that has not been detected. In that case, there is no limit in number and hence there may be multiple magic Xs in play.
Possible. Magic signatures can be concealed, after all, Cyrielle makes bracelets emit her signature every now and then to mask their owner's signature. This is also likely but the most troublesome option. There could be n amount of X magic used by person(s) X before being concealed. This again would have to stand on Devil's Proof until evidence is found.

-snip-
[MIND:53]
Echo circle online.
[MIND:68]
Tracking circle online.

Activating...

Son of Motherfucking Bitch. Well, according to the map... either... there were a large quantity of incredibly small people and one larger (but still rather small) person, all of whom used the exact same magic, teleported into the man's skull, his briefcase and then later the scaffold until they were all disintegrated... or... whatever magic they used marks what it teleports as its caster rather than the actual user, functioning more like a superpower than true magic.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:50:14 pm by Empiricist »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #36821 on: January 31, 2014, 11:49:28 pm »

((Again, not mag rolls. Mind.))

She continues to work, staring intently.

Okay, so simple energy recursion won't work.

Works like a superpower.

<Will. I need you for a reference.>

Once he's here, she closes him in another circle (again, DC40 MIND) which uses him as a marker to adjust for superpowers in order to trace them back to the holder.

Should this fail, she erases all of this and gets to work again, spending the next several hours creating a spell that traces back the threads of causality in order to pinpoint the cause of the explosion all the way back to the person activating their ability, cross-referencing this with the metaphysical causal blueprint of the events. (DC40 MIND)

((TL;DR, she makes a circle that can trace superpowers back to their source.

Should this fail, she traces back cause and effect to find the 'cause' that is someone using their power.))
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:52:24 pm by ragnarok97071 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36822 on: January 31, 2014, 11:55:03 pm »

"A: No, fuck you, I wouldn't want you to wake me up. B: Marie has her ways, you should know that by now. And I was awake by the time she talked to me, which was after the explosion dumbass. C: Because fucking drama, that's why. I hate hearing everyone arguing. D: You fucking deserve that for calling me deaf, you ass!"
"A: My point. C: Yes, because not having to listen to drama is SO worth not being able to be contacted if anyone except a couple of people get in trouble. What if Conny's out shopping, or targeted first as one of the healers? I'm willing to bet you that not one of us would think to ask Richard to contact you, not even Richard himself. Good Lord, you didn't think that one through did you? Now hold on, I'm busy working on solving the terrorist attack you slept through."

Will helps, trying to analyze whatever is conveniently near where Yuri needs him to stand.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Attack of the Kamikaze Mice
« Reply #36823 on: January 31, 2014, 11:57:41 pm »

((Oops, sorry. Those were mind rolls, I just labelled them wrong.))
[MIND:52]
Calibration successful. Tracking successful. Target acquired as hypothetical kamikaze mice.
[MIND:54]
Calibration successful. Tracking successful. Target acquired as hypothetical kamikaze mice.
[MIND:96]
Calibration successful. Surveillance successful. The magic used is considered to be performed by the object in its entirety, essentially, the explosive takes all the blame. Turns out @Empiricist discussed with @Elf to have the magic technically performed by what is teleported so that magic tracking gets screwed over.

@Empiricist points out that if she's going to do that, she may as well just reverse time to figure out from whom the explosives teleported from rather than who owns the spell.

Will helps, trying to analyze whatever is conveniently near where Yuri needs him to stand.
((Um, where is he standing?))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36824 on: January 31, 2014, 11:57:54 pm »

Ashley glares at Will.
"It was purely temporary. Now then, time to go back to Paris seeing as I'm not exactly wanted here. Nor am I being treated well."
She storms off to go get her things from Maria's house.
Pages: 1 ... 2453 2454 [2455] 2456 2457 ... 4748