Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2434 2435 [2436] 2437 2438 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3119785 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Dragons paid us to replace the title
« Reply #36525 on: January 31, 2014, 03:56:41 pm »

Hainuwele wishes this was CSI Miami, so she could just zoom in and enhance and solve the mystery with a one liner...

Instead, she checks the footage before the explosion, where did these wto comes from? Did one of them arrive by car? Where did they go after the explosion?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #36526 on: January 31, 2014, 04:00:48 pm »

Get up and keep chasing the guy.

((That didn't make much sense. And you can't resist having your mana drained at all.))

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #36527 on: January 31, 2014, 04:02:32 pm »

"I went to bootcamp last summer, so..."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36528 on: January 31, 2014, 04:02:58 pm »

((Kyle can mana drain? man, his charsheet *really* needs to be brought up to date with all the stuff he does))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36529 on: January 31, 2014, 04:03:21 pm »

"I went to bootcamp last summer, so..."

"Huh? Bootcamp? What for?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36530 on: January 31, 2014, 04:04:50 pm »

Will's ETA is: 2 Turns
((...He teleported there via bracelets. Didn't I say so?))

Will's attempts to hack into the surveillance computer fails completely. As it turns out, the people who had been hired by those companies set up the security cameras were without a doubt professionals, rather unsurprisingly. The computers were not connected to the internet. They had no need to be, to do so and leave them vulnerable to hacking was unprofessional and unprofessionalism is not tolerated by such companies lest their clients sue them.
((Worth a shot. Especially since the security kiosk at the one place was 100% abandoned and not password-protected or anything.))

Will continues examining the scene.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #36531 on: January 31, 2014, 04:06:08 pm »

Tobias shrugs.
"Parents."
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36532 on: January 31, 2014, 04:07:32 pm »

Tobias shrugs.
"Parents."

"Oh." Ester gives Tobias a quick hug, "Um... Wanna talk about it, or should we run some more? I'll be okay for a bit."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36533 on: January 31, 2014, 04:07:43 pm »

((it may be password protected, the fleeing security guard just didn't log out because he was, well, fleeing?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36534 on: January 31, 2014, 04:15:37 pm »

Instead, she checks the footage before the explosion, where did these wto comes from? Did one of them arrive by car? Where did they go after the explosion?
By the looks of it, they were passing by. The giantess was talking to people in similar clothes, presumably colleagues. Meanwhile the giant was checking his phone whilst walking and drinking some coffee.

Get up and keep chasing the guy.

((That didn't make much sense. And you can't resist having your mana drained at all.))
((There was a hidden MAG vs MIND roll to drain. I don't show those kinds of vs rolls as they may reveal the stats of the person. I assumed that the siphon ability of the laser rifle involved enchanting the photons that made up the laser.))
Kyle gets up and proceeds to completely outrun the man. He is now right next to him.

((...He teleported there via bracelets. Didn't I say so?))
((Worth a shot. Especially since the security kiosk at the one place was 100% abandoned and not password-protected or anything.))
Will continues examining the scene.
((Bracelets take 2 turns to teleport though. It does have a password, but the person who was there was too busy running away to log off properly.))
[MIND:79] Several details jump out at Will.

Firstly, the blast was magical. People were burned far worse than a conventional explosive could have. In addition to that, the shrapnel was from the paraphernalia caught in the blast, there weren't any additional sources of shrapnel that a bomb may have.

Secondly, the blast was caused by a single type of magic. That magic signature was scatter everywhere whilst the other two were not. Presumably the one that scattered was the one that caused the blast and scattered with it.

Thirdly, the blast was magically limited. There was a killzone and an severe injury zone. But that was it. People either died, got badly injured, or escaped with no real injury. The sudden jump from grievous, life-threatening wounds down to bruises and slight cuts was a clear indicator. Even the ground indicated that, there was a sudden decrease in damage to the ground. Something contained it and it definitely wasn't part of the explosion otherwise it would have been more effective. The man and the woman mitigated the blast.

...Wait a minute, the man Kyle is chasing IS that man!
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36535 on: January 31, 2014, 04:19:25 pm »

Hainuwele sends out a description of these people to everyone

<Kyle, that dude you are chasing, does he match the description? If yes, you must stop him at all cost.>

Hainuwele runs out to jump on her pidgeon and give chase as well, leaving the further investigation to Will

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36536 on: January 31, 2014, 04:22:48 pm »

Kyle runs a small bit farther before tripping the guy.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36537 on: January 31, 2014, 04:29:07 pm »

Hainuwele runs out to jump on her pidgeon and give chase as well, leaving the further investigation to Will
She flies over just in time to see the man get tripped.

Kyle runs a small bit farther before tripping the guy.
The man completely overlooks Kyle in his efforts to sprint away and proceeds to fall over. The rest of the running civilians continue fleeing into the distance.
Panting panickedly, he looks upwards in confusion too out of breath to say anything just yet.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36538 on: January 31, 2014, 04:31:49 pm »

Kyle picks up the man.
"You're going to be held for questioning. Try any magic bullshit and I'll castrate you."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36539 on: January 31, 2014, 04:32:04 pm »

Hainuwele jumps unto his chest, her needle swung over her shoulder. She takes a few steps, then stands with her needle hovering just slightly over the mans nipple.

"I have seen the security footage. It's all on film. Now, care to explain what your suddenly ballet of magical gestures was for, and who that woman was?"

"Also, good job Kyle."
Pages: 1 ... 2434 2435 [2436] 2437 2438 ... 4748