Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2433 2434 [2435] 2436 2437 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3119592 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Dragons paid us to replace the title
« Reply #36510 on: January 31, 2014, 03:04:57 pm »

Hainuwele checks nearby buildings for access to the footage, trying to gain authority by showing off her magical girl bracelet thing, claiming it's a matter of life and death and if someone wants to deny it, ask them if they want to be the one who denied cooperation to the team that brought down the layar (doesnt matter she wasn't there, part of the team and all now)
In the reception of one of the nearby buildings, that of a legal firm, the security desk and its valuable footage is left unattended in the desolate lobby. Seems like anyone who could stop her has run off.

Conny just does what she can, trying to stay calm.
[MAG:97] She couldn't save everyone. It just wasn't possible. How does one choose? Does one heal the people who were at death's obsidian door and pray against what she already knew that the less wounded may survive? Or does she focus on healing the ones who had more of a chance, the ever tantalizing angel of salvation forsaking those on the precipice of life in their grimmest, final hour?

She couldn't save everyone. But she saved most of them.

Chase after him.
The scaffold collapse delays Kyle, by the time he climbs over, the man is significantly further away.

((brb in a few minutes))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36511 on: January 31, 2014, 03:05:20 pm »

"Need to stop for a second?"

Ester nods and sits down on a nearby bench.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #36512 on: January 31, 2014, 03:06:43 pm »

Hainuwele checks it out then. She also emails the files to the household, if that is even possible. If not, she asks for someone to teleport in with an USB stick or something.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #36513 on: January 31, 2014, 03:08:08 pm »

Tobias sits next to her. He's barely broken a sweat.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36514 on: January 31, 2014, 03:08:46 pm »

Conny is pretty close to tears by the end of it, resolving to go have a therapy session with Marie... or anyone really...
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36515 on: January 31, 2014, 03:09:19 pm »

Tobias sits next to her. He's barely broken a sweat.

Ester sighs, "I'm not much of a runner, if you can't tell."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36516 on: January 31, 2014, 03:09:43 pm »

<Connie, you hear me? I need one of these data-stick-things over here.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #36517 on: January 31, 2014, 03:13:03 pm »

Continue after him.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36518 on: January 31, 2014, 03:14:20 pm »

<G-give me a minute...> Conny works on calming down before teleporting to the house and getting a USB before teleporting back.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36519 on: January 31, 2014, 03:15:38 pm »

<Good, good, start copying the stuff, while I look over it.>

anything of note?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36520 on: January 31, 2014, 03:26:28 pm »

Hainuwele checks it out then. She also emails the files to the household, if that is even possible. If not, she asks for someone to teleport in with an USB stick or something.
[MIND:123] She watches the footage, giants going about their daily routine, thoughts drifting away to whatever was of interest to them. Then the explosion came. Something was off. The explosion emanated from a giant's briefcase, but, in the single frame before the blinding flash and the calamitous atrocity, the giant who held it had a strange glint in his eyes, or lack thereof and a posture oh too familiar.

How could Hainuwele, slayer of giants ever forget that posture and the dullness of their eyes? How could the Slayer of Giants ever overlook that? She couldn't. Hence she knew, without a doubt by those symptoms of those she killed, that man was dead. He died suddenly, right before the explosion.

She didn't have any way of emailing security footage, but she could just transmit via bracelet.

Conny is pretty close to tears by the end of it, resolving to go have a therapy session with Marie... or anyone really...
So, who did she save? Who did she forsake?

Continue after him.
Kyle begins closing in, one final burst of speed, one magic trip, or dead sprint will do. Something, anything. The man doesn't seem to notice.

<G-give me a minute...> Conny works on calming down before teleporting to the house and getting a USB before teleporting back.
((That will take four turns. Are you sure?))

((Sorry about that, I had to go do something.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36521 on: January 31, 2014, 03:31:30 pm »

"Wait...what? Soo...the bomb was in the briefcase, and the man brought it in..but then, a second before it explodes, he dies? Is this some sort of suicide terrorism, taking a painless way out before he blows up?...Or..what? I can't make any sense of this.."

Hainuwele transmits the footage via bracelet to Will. He might be rude, but he is also good at figuring things out.

<Will, did you see what i just send you? Does that make any sense to you?>

Hainuwele looks around the footage, where did the man come from? When the footage cuts off, she tries to work out from which camera she could follow the trail.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #36522 on: January 31, 2014, 03:33:54 pm »

Sprint tackle him and then sap his mana.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36523 on: January 31, 2014, 03:43:04 pm »

<Kyle, Conny, we need access to the surveillance footage, help me go through the surrounding buildings and see if there is one who will let us have a look at it.>
<Sure, Hainous little girl, don't ask the guy best-suited to hacking...>
Will begins trying to gain access to the surveillance footage via hacking via server web access via bracelet as he hurries to the scene via bracelet teleport.

"Wait...what? Soo...the bomb was in the briefcase, and the man brought it in..but then, a second before it explodes, he dies? Is this some sort of suicide terrorism, taking a painless way out before he blows up?...Or..what? I can't make any sense of this.."

Hainuwele transmits the footage via bracelet to Will. He might be rude, but he is also good at figuring things out.

<Will, did you see what i just send you? Does that make any sense to you?>
<One sec...> Will saves the footage to the hard drive of the server and continues looking for surveillance footage from the other cameras.
Once on-scene, he also analyzes the traces of magic left behind.

((You seem to be doing the rolls for this, Emp, so I'll leave you to it.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36524 on: January 31, 2014, 03:53:25 pm »

As she continues watching the footage, she notices two people. A giant and a giantess, each going in different directions, they probably had no connection, except in how they reacted to the explosion. The giant spins on his heel and gestures at the detonation. The giantess points to the explosion as well. Hmm... it's had to tell what they did, the explosion is too bright to properly observe.

Sprint tackle him and then sap his mana.
[DEX:25] Kyle trips and falls in his miscalculated attempt at a tackle. He would have probably been hurt by it were not for his supernatural resistance to physical damage. Nevertheless his suspect didn't notice. He barely had to even aim, the bastard wasn't even taking evasive action in his obliviousness. [DEX:58] A torrent of magical photons traveling with synchronization greater than that of most armies erupted out of Kyle's laser rifle, it slammed against the man with the force of a large quantity of light, which is to say, not much though then again it's the payload that counts. Unfortunately, for Kyle, the suspect manages to resist his siphoning attempt and keep on running

<Sure, Hainous little girl, don't ask the guy best-suited to hacking...>
Will begins trying to gain access to the surveillance footage via hacking via server web access via bracelet as he hurries to the scene via bracelet teleport.
<One sec...> Will saves the footage to the hard drive of the server and continues looking for surveillance footage from the other cameras.
Once on-scene, he also analyzes the traces of magic left behind.
Will's ETA is: 2 Turns
Will's attempts to hack into the surveillance computer fails completely. As it turns out, the people who had been hired by those companies set up the security cameras were without a doubt professionals, rather unsurprisingly. The computers were not connected to the internet. They had no need to be, to do so and leave them vulnerable to hacking was unprofessional and unprofessionalism is not tolerated by such companies lest their clients sue them.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:55:02 pm by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 2433 2434 [2435] 2436 2437 ... 4748