Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2065 2066 [2067] 2068 2069 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3127228 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #30990 on: January 23, 2014, 05:51:12 pm »

Kyle sits down on the floor... and then after few minutes of thought looking into the next room.

((OOC thread guys.))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #30991 on: January 23, 2014, 05:51:29 pm »

Camille settles for throwing comedically convenient steak (totally a thing) in the sphinx's general direction.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #30992 on: January 23, 2014, 05:53:34 pm »

((4th wall is a thing, making a riddle that relies on meta gaming is bad. That being said, the metaphor breaks - the internet is not a country with no land. There is no ruler, no laws, not even a sense of nationality, the internet has no characteristics of a country - by that stretch, a talk via telephone, a family, or any group of people is a country. The markets are not caravanless either, as stuff still gets moved via some means to the trader from the producer and from the trader to the buyer. these two metaphors clearly do not apply to the internet - this is why you don't make up riddles on the spot. Because some metaphors are too much of a stretch. You use them because they sound nice, but they simply do not apply))
((...except Cyrielle guessed it without the fourth wall. Camille came to the same conclusion anyway. Argue about the riddle all you want, but it wasn't MADE for you to guess, it was made to stump gods.

I'm stressed and tired -mocks coming up in a few weeks don'tcha know- as it is, so I'm holding the plot until tomorrow. G'night gents.))
The sphinx turns her nose up at it.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #30993 on: January 23, 2014, 05:56:48 pm »

Camille goes 3: at that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #30994 on: January 23, 2014, 05:57:48 pm »

((4th wall is a thing, making a riddle that relies on meta gaming is bad. That being said, the metaphor breaks - the internet is not a country with no land. There is no ruler, no laws, not even a sense of nationality, the internet has no characteristics of a country - by that stretch, a talk via telephone, a family, or any group of people is a country. The markets are not caravanless either, as stuff still gets moved via some means to the trader from the producer and from the trader to the buyer. these two metaphors clearly do not apply to the internet - this is why you don't make up riddles on the spot. Because some metaphors are too much of a stretch. You use them because they sound nice, but they simply do not apply))

((Caravans usually aren't used, trucks and planes are. And the internet breeds a sense of belonging to a worldwide community, so it could be argued to be at least a nation, since the definition of that is somewhat vague. Stop being butthurt that you didn't get it. Please. let's move on. And the internet exists in-game, so it's not reliant on metagaming, either.))

((Caravan is a metaphor, if Elf insists on the literal part of "dudes with camels", then it all falls apart, especialy if the solution of the riddle is modern, and "a sense of belonging" is not a country. the internet is a communication plattform, and is no more a country than a bar or a family. "All feel my presence" does not apply either. there is a billion or more people who have not even seen a computer up close, and whose life has never had been influenced by it, at all. The metahpors of country and market might just be stretched, but "everyone feels my presence" is, simply, not true.))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30995 on: January 23, 2014, 05:58:50 pm »

((Unless the answer relied on the assumption that the butterfly effect would in turn spread its effects and considers indirect implications to be parts of its influence.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #30996 on: January 23, 2014, 06:01:43 pm »

"I have a lethal weapon that goes with my sword?"
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30997 on: January 23, 2014, 06:04:56 pm »

<Um... Have you guys found Maria yet?>

Ester snuggles against Tobias while waiting for qn answer.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30998 on: January 23, 2014, 06:05:40 pm »

>Nearly. I'm waiting outside the palace with Loki and Sen while they go in and grab Horus' Eye.<

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30999 on: January 23, 2014, 06:06:18 pm »

"Hey sphinx, please answer this:

I am insidious as the worm,
infecting large and small,
And spread as quickly as the germ,
for there are none who don't heed my call.

Kingdoms, upon my power, grow,
With blade and bomb and promised death,
But their own undoing, with my aid, they sow,
For revolution, by my hand, takes first breath.

Some would say I am the greatest darkness,
instinct and arrogance planted with hateful seeds,
but I am just an agent of progress,
and, in me, the truth of your nature breeds.

What am I?

*obligatory message acknowledging @PieceWise as its author.*"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31000 on: January 23, 2014, 06:06:47 pm »

"Fate or entropy."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #31001 on: January 23, 2014, 06:07:18 pm »

"I have a lethal weapon that goes with my sword?"

"Not yet. Normally, I believe, a Katana is paired with a shorter sword, a wakizashi, correct? I believe I have something that you should learn." He takes the stick she'd taken down, hopping down from his tree. He runs his fingers along its length, and as he does so, it changes, the black wood changing to crystal like the darkest abyss, shaped into a short, curved blade.

He flicks it to the side, eyeing it. "Mordite. Void in purest physical form. Death to everything living." he lightly throws it to her. "Except creatures of Void, obviously. At the moment, you and demons. It can still harm them, but not as badly as creatures of Creation. This one won't last long outside of this place, but you should familiarize yourself with it here, so you can create one of your own. Tied to your own essence and called from the Void by your power, it should at least last a short time within the realm of Creation before being forced out of reality."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31002 on: January 23, 2014, 06:07:57 pm »

"Incorrect. Fate is not part of human nature."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #31003 on: January 23, 2014, 06:08:23 pm »

"Incorrect. Fate is not part of human nature."

((War?))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31004 on: January 23, 2014, 06:08:47 pm »

>Nearly. I'm waiting outside the palace with Loki and Sen while they go in and grab Horus' Eye.<

<Oh. I see. Will they be okay?>
Pages: 1 ... 2065 2066 [2067] 2068 2069 ... 4748