Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1656 1657 [1658] 1659 1660 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3120634 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #24855 on: January 15, 2014, 09:45:40 am »

Ashley agrees to the movie.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24856 on: January 15, 2014, 09:53:48 am »

"Eh, it's very simple route that tugs on very simple heartstrings. Rin's route it's where it's at. Also yes, we have a tiny katawo shoujo. Because reasons"
"And it is identical in every way to our own. Look, ma'am, I'm just not buying your claim of not knowing about big people until you met us. And not just because you're showing knowledge of the world outside of Liliputia, but because we are in the middle of a major city, with smaller settlements around that, and pretty much the only place you could put a bunch of little people and not have them noticed is the Outback, which has enough rangers, crazy campers, and aborigines that you wouldn't be able to avoid seeing them for a whole generation, let alone long enough to put them out of memory and folklore."

"They run on bugs on treadmills and pelicans. Have you never seen flint-stones? That was not a cartoon, it was a documentary."
"There are so many things wrong with that. One: The Flintstones was about normal-sized people. Pterosaurs don't come in millimeter versions. Two: It was set in either the past of a post-apocalyptic future. Three: Hanna-Barbera was making a cartoon. Four: The Flintstones lacked any kind of computer analogue anyways. Five: Bugs and pelicans would be abhorrent at any kind of mechanical stuff. Six: They would only be generating power, not computing anything. Seven: Biological systems are unpredictable enough that any computer made of them would be horribly unreliable. Eight: You still need a display unit."

"Although the image of her people running in gerbil wheels is funny."
"You do have a point there."

"Nah, for electricity, we have a giant that we managed to catch alife and put in irons. Now all he does all day is turn a crank and being fed leftovers. When he gets slow, we whip him."
"Where to start...
"The 'giants' that earlier today you claimed only existed in fairy tales. That you managed to capture, without anyone noticing. Who eats leftovers from meals small enough to easily fit a dozen in the palm of his hand. Who gets whipped whenever malnutrition forces him to stop. Who you have not mentioned any way of getting water for, in the middle of the desert, where he would need enough water to fill a large-to-scale swimming pool of yours every day. Who is not dead."

"He trampled dozens of before we tried to catch him, if that matters."
"Nah. You're starving, whipping, and enslaving him, not to mention kidnapping. Not to mention that I can't imagine a situation where he would be intentionally trampling dozens of you before getting attacked, so I'm thinking you guys either got what you deserved or were very stupid about how to deal with dehydrated giants walking through your secret village."

"We don't use apple products, now that is just ridiculous"
"Actually, saying you scavenged a discarded iPod for your computing system would be the most sensible thing you've said since you got here."

"I am just pulling your leg, our capital city has a hold of 3 laptops, loot from...people who wont need them anymore. Most of out technology is based on loot."
"A society of liars, thieves, and implied murderers. Lovely."

And by now they've segued into playing a video game.

Specifically, Team Fortress 2. Because why not.
Will joins. He is a deadly sniper and an excellent spychecker. He manages to headshot a couple cloaked spies.
He gets called many, many kinds of nasty names before getting booted from the server.
"...Next time, maybe I shouldn't use my power so much."

Hainuwele joins in as well.
As always, taking Sniper, and only Sniper, every round, no matter what. Because Sniper is credit to team.
She does that by going DRR on WASD and using a mouse with one of these trackballs you move with your thumb
At the same time. And also having a free hand to click with.
She gets countersniped a few times by some hacking sniper. I mean seriously, how do you headshot someone with a Huntsman from across the map? For some reason, Will is chuckling whenever this happens.

"You fool, setting ubers on engies!"

Hainuwele opens a vote for a kick for the medic that saves the ubers for the god damned engie.
"Could be worse. She could be on your team. Or healing a spy."

"Th-this may not be m-m-my kind of... um... g-game..." Selina went 4Kills/13Deaths that game, even with her sentry.
And Will managed well over 20 kills and no deaths before he got kicked.

Kyle turns to the small woman. Then he gets up and picks her up before starting to look her up and down.
"Wow, this is interesting. I wonder if your anatomy is any different from a normal persons..."
Kyle seems to have forgotten all laws of basic decency as he examines Hainuwele
"Her brain is much smaller, which has predictable effects on intelligence."

"That's a stupid game anyway.....wa..your face is too close, giant. Unless you want a nose piercing, take 3 steps back."
"Three of your steps or three of ours?"

Kyle grabs the needle from the tiny woman.
"No, no. That's rude and inefficient. I can make you something better. Maybe a laser sword, but I would have to work out the logistics..."
"Smart enough to disarm the woman who threatened him, not smart enough to realize that giving her a better weapon is a bad idea."

"I said I would not spill any blood in this house, but I may yet forget that, and split your lip right open with a nice tug."
"FYI, that's not much of a threat. We have two or three people with healing powers of some sort at all times."

"I'm not adorable, I lead armies and bring giants down!"
"As shown by losing your weapon to one and your backup weapon doing absolutely nothing except annoy."

Kyle tries to quiet her down and when that inevitably fails quickly makes sure no one is looking and takes away her weapons before shoving her in his mouth. Let it be said that while Kyle is a genius he is not good at helping people calm down.
"Kyle. Spit that out. You don't know where it's been."
Also, since she's about four inches/10 centimeters tall, her legs would be dangling out. Just saying.

"So you are resilient against pain, but just how long can you keep this up? I am compressing your internal cartoid artery. A normal human would lose consciousness in just a few minutes, sometimes under a minute, and suffer from severe brain damage due to lack of oxygen shortly thereafter. Open your mouth, release me peacefully, and leave me alone, or I will make you."
"We have healers. And I don't think we could tell the difference if Kyle got severe brain damage."
(Also, Sen had removed Hainu from Kyle's mouth already.)

"This may be the Weirdest Curse Ever, in that case."
"Weirdest curse here, maybe."

"No, Lucas is my babeh now!"
Yes, he says it just like that.
"..."

"If you were to call me that Kyle I would curve your lecherous tendencies very quickly." Sen has a scowl on her face.
"Could you, please?"

[1] Sen got banned from the sixth
"I don't care HOW hungry you are, go to the coffee shop!"

<As I thought... the user is not necessarily powerful, they merely concentrated the fields, we could use Will's help for this...>
<I've been distracted. Could someone give me an overview of what's happening, what we need to find out, and relevant thaumatological properties?>

<Will, how good are you at interrogation or enchantment disruption?>
<Acceptable and depends on the enchantment, but I wouldn't bet on it.>

>If I may, there are several kinds of homunculi. I am assuming she is going for a golem, preferably of paper, yes?<
<On the contrary, a homunculus is a specific type of construct, as are Golems, which are of stone, and shikigami, of paper.>
<Actually, golems were originally clay. Although these days you see golems made out of anything, stone and metal being just some of the most common. Remind me to tell you about the bubble gum golem that attacked my school when I was in 2nd grade.>

Stella starts planning a group outing, thinking that a movie might be a nice way to enjoy a day,

<Hey, who wants to go to a movie later?>
<A bunch of them are being interviewed after lunch, and I'm thinking the rest of us would want to watch. Maybe this evening?>

((And after class I'll catch up on the OOC!
This would have been faster, but I'm rereading Darths & Droids, which is Distracting & D...um...I'll get back to you on that.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #24857 on: January 15, 2014, 10:14:16 am »

"I'm fine with whatever movie. The entire movie collection of my hometown consisted of just one box of DVDs, containing the third season of futurama"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24858 on: January 15, 2014, 10:20:22 am »

<It's simple, really. I grant your wish, set you free, in exchange for you continuing to aid in the protection of this world, using the powers my ability will grant you.>
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24859 on: January 15, 2014, 10:41:05 am »

<It's simple, really. I grant your wish, set you free, in exchange for you continuing to aid in the protection of this world, using the powers my ability will grant you.>
"And how does this prevent Selina dying and causing them all to hunt me down and kill me?"
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24860 on: January 15, 2014, 10:42:29 am »

[To: Anima] <So, do you have either of those? They could make your job significantly easier.>
Actually..
>Maria, if you will let me use you for a bit, I will do something.<
>Um...okay?<

Anima...[21+100!] creates an perfect semi-ethereal projection of her body, capable of interacting with the physical world using 50 mana, and does some tests, rotating her wrists and wriggling her fingers.

Maria shakes her head, dizzy but otherwise well.
"Ow....next time, warn me if you're gonna do that."
>If this works as intended, which it should, as I used similar magic to create the staff I use, I should be able to interact with the world slightly better than usual.

It is not a permanent solution, as I will revert when Miss Maria calls upon me, and of course, this ethereal projection of my self is vulnerable to damage, but it will do.<

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24861 on: January 15, 2014, 10:45:51 am »

"And how does this prevent Selina dying and causing them all to hunt me down and kill me?"

<Simple. I shall extract your 'consciousness' from Selina's mind, without removing the portion of her mind in which you reside. I will use that consciousness to forge a soul, and link that soul to your body. Is this acceptable?>
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24862 on: January 15, 2014, 10:47:54 am »

"Um... s-so Maria... er... wh-what do you w-want to do... um... n-now...?"

<Simple. I shall extract your 'consciousness' from Selina's mind, without removing the portion of her mind in which you reside. I will use that consciousness to forge a soul, and link that soul to your body. Is this acceptable?>
"If I get sealed from this, you will experience the most horrible agony imaginable." Luna holds out her hand or whatever is needed to do the contract.
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24863 on: January 15, 2014, 10:50:20 am »

((Well, I wish Luna luck trying to kill Hope!Kyubey. Seriously, Kyubey or not, Terelfforgottheirmameagain are damn hard to put down.))

Maria....shrugs.
"I don't actually know."
Therefore snuggles.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24864 on: January 15, 2014, 10:51:15 am »

"Um... s-so Maria... er... wh-what do you w-want to do... um... n-now...?"

"If I get sealed from this, you will experience the most horrible agony imaginable." Luna holds out her hand or whatever is needed to do the contract.

((Waiting for Elf's response to my PM about how to do the rolls or whatever for this.))

((Well, I wish Luna luck trying to kill Hope!Kyubey. Seriously, Kyubey or not, Terelfforgottheirmameagain are damn hard to put down.))

((Tsu. Kai. Ma. Or Familiars, if you want to translate it.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24865 on: January 15, 2014, 10:51:45 am »

Selina smiles a little and snuggles back.
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24866 on: January 15, 2014, 10:52:22 am »

((OK RAG YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE SO MEAN ABOUT IT
/hypocriteelf))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #24867 on: January 15, 2014, 10:56:03 am »

Marie continues the snuggling of Selina and Maria. Because whee.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24868 on: January 15, 2014, 10:57:20 am »

Selina is feeling a lot more squished now, hoping nothing more awkward happened as she blushed even more. (3000)
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24869 on: January 15, 2014, 10:58:00 am »

TIIIIMMMEEEESKIIIIPPPP

Everyone who's been invited to the interview is ready to go. Arya's getting ready to drive everyone.

Anima has decided to stay in Maria's head for now.
Pages: 1 ... 1656 1657 [1658] 1659 1660 ... 4748