Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1653 1654 [1655] 1656 1657 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3120713 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #24810 on: January 15, 2014, 02:27:13 am »

((Still uses all the mana even if unsuccessful?))

Sen prepares the ritual for summoning a servant. In her hand is Summoning and Taming of Magical Creatures and Cemihumans:  Pocket Monster Special Edition. She begins to chant and make the motions of the spell and [10+46] fizzles the spell, ruining the ritual. She begins to feel very tired and dizzy.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24811 on: January 15, 2014, 02:27:41 am »

((Nope, the first three tries are free, and then you lose twice the mana for each go, starting from 5 mana.))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24812 on: January 15, 2014, 02:28:44 am »

Sen eventually stumbles back into the house, not wanting to try the spell again until she feels better.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24813 on: January 15, 2014, 02:29:06 am »

((And I need sleep. night guys! ...Or i'll do the kyuubey stuff, then sleep!))

"...You are a very strange cat to be both speaking, and appearing out of nowhere. And how did you know my name?"

<It has been mentioned, by the others here. I am Arikitos, a Tsukaima. I sensed your {Desire/Grudge/Wish}, and came, specifically, to investigate.>

Sen prepares the ritual for summoning a servant. In her hand is Summoning and Taming of Magical Creatures and Cemihumans:  Pocket Monster Special Edition. She begins to chant and make the motions of the spell and [10+46] fizzles the spell, ruining the ritual. She begins to feel very tired and dizzy.

((This is why with hard spells I ritualize it (basically spread it out over multiple easier rolls so it's more likely to succeed, if possible. Stuff like a homunculous/Shikigami (probably easier for you, since you HAVE paper magic) is easily done like that.))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24814 on: January 15, 2014, 02:29:55 am »

[To: Richard] <You could try continuing to talk to her and whatnot, show her that even apart, you'll be there for her.>

[To: Annie, Wheatley] <Okay, thanks.>

[To: Alexander] <What about having Sen share sense with you?>

[To: Anima] <Sounds rather interesting, so is there any advantage to having a host?>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24815 on: January 15, 2014, 02:31:33 am »

"Yeah, I really doubt you can help. Besides, this makes this memory of Selina's about not trusting a weird cat around little girls make more sense now... Much less creepy too."
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24816 on: January 15, 2014, 02:32:39 am »

((This is why with hard spells I ritualize it (basically spread it out over multiple easier rolls so it's more likely to succeed, if possible. Stuff like a homunculous/Shikigami (probably easier for you, since you HAVE paper magic) is easily done like that.))

((I may have Sen try that after a while))

Sen finds her way to the kitchen and sits at the table. She thumps her head against the table. Summoning was harder than she thought.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24817 on: January 15, 2014, 02:34:07 am »

"Yeah, I really doubt you can help. Besides, this makes this memory of Selina's about not trusting a weird cat around little girls make more sense now... Much less creepy too."

<I assure you, helping is what I do. It is my purpose. In any case, it is not that you can lose anything by telling me. Perhaps I can indeed help.>
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24818 on: January 15, 2014, 02:37:06 am »

<I assure you, helping is what I do. It is my purpose. In any case, it is not that you can lose anything by telling me. Perhaps I can indeed help.>
"Well lets see shall we? I have 3 people I wouldn't mind dead, but that would get me sealed and I'd lose what little sanity I have left. I would really like a lot of people that I know to actually want to torture me, but forcing that would go to sealing again. And gaining my freedom would kill Selina, leading to my death or permanent sealing. Good luck!"
[/quote]

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24819 on: January 15, 2014, 02:41:58 am »

Sen thinks for a moment and comes up with an idea,
[To:Yuri]<Miss Yuri, you seem very proficient with binding circles and rituals. I am attempting to summon a Homunculous and the first attempt I made left me dizzy and tired, and it was a failure. Any ideas on how to simplify the ritual?>

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24820 on: January 15, 2014, 02:44:50 am »

((Okay, can't keep eyes open. See you in the morning.))
[/quote]

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24821 on: January 15, 2014, 02:49:21 am »

"Well lets see shall we? I have 3 people I wouldn't mind dead, but that would get me sealed and I'd lose what little sanity I have left. I would really like a lot of people that I know to actually want to torture me, but forcing that would go to sealing again. And gaining my freedom would kill Selina, leading to my death or permanent sealing. Good luck!"

<A death wish, I could manage, but would be inadvisable. A wish for pain could also be managed. For freedom? That would be not only manageable, but worthy.

My magic is the granting of wishes, the overcoming of status quo and entropy.

Such things as the impossible are what it is intended to be used for.

However, it requires an exchange.>

Sen thinks for a moment and comes up with an idea,
[To:Yuri]<Miss Yuri, you seem very proficient with binding circles and rituals. I am attempting to summon a Homunculous and the first attempt I made left me dizzy and tired, and it was a failure. Any ideas on how to simplify the ritual?>

<Do not summon it. Gather the materials, and preform a ritual to animate them, instead. It is simpler, easier, and best of all, you can preform it over a period of time in order to lessen the burden on yourself.>

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24822 on: January 15, 2014, 02:51:20 am »

[To:Yuri] <That is indeed a wise idea. I wonder though, What would be a good material for a servant if I made you one?>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24823 on: January 15, 2014, 02:51:34 am »

Richard mentally sighs.

>Having a host allows me to interact with the mortal realm without a contractee. My physical body disappeared a long time ago.<

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #24824 on: January 15, 2014, 02:53:44 am »

[To:Yuri] <That is indeed a wise idea. I wonder though, What would be a good material for a servant if I made you one?>

<Traditionally, Homunculi are made of wood, smoothed and treated.>
Pages: 1 ... 1653 1654 [1655] 1656 1657 ... 4748