Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1605 1606 [1607] 1608 1609 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3116381 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Golems, Layars and Love Letters
« Reply #24090 on: January 13, 2014, 11:01:44 pm »

<Nothing of interest in the van besides this strange mechanical device made of metal and wood and a book called The Quran.>

Sen grabs the corpse she didn't steal memories from and drags it away from the van.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #24091 on: January 13, 2014, 11:02:25 pm »

<Bring me the gun.>

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24092 on: January 13, 2014, 11:04:57 pm »

<Hold on. I want to talk to the corpse first.>

Sen [10+98] heals the corpse with a touch based heal spell and [10+92] attempts to call its soul back into its body using the book, The Nine Breaths of Silence.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24093 on: January 13, 2014, 11:08:39 pm »

<They might be religious extremists but really, they seem a bit too stereotypical... especially considering that it's probably easier to obtain some other sort of gun in Australia than presumably smuggling in that assault rifle...>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24094 on: January 13, 2014, 11:09:16 pm »

Oh hello, don't think we have been introduced properly, my name is Stella

Ester smiles and waves at Stella. "Hello! I'm Ester!"

((It's cool. I'll probably be jumping up to do something else five minutes later anyways.))

((woa missed stuff again, lots of stuff, had a late wake up sorry, and going out today))

So, how do you come here?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #24095 on: January 13, 2014, 11:09:38 pm »

<They did metal their wheels to stop the spike trap.>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #24096 on: January 13, 2014, 11:09:45 pm »

The soul returns to the body for a brief time, before saying two words:
"The One..."
It goes away.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24097 on: January 13, 2014, 11:11:01 pm »

Oh hello, don't think we have been introduced properly, my name is Stella

Ester smiles and waves at Stella. "Hello! I'm Ester!"

((It's cool. I'll probably be jumping up to do something else five minutes later anyways.))

((woa missed stuff again, lots of stuff, had a late wake up sorry, and going out today))

So, how do you come here?
((Tobias got kidnapped, most of the kidnappers got insta-killed by Kyle.))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24098 on: January 13, 2014, 11:11:34 pm »

"What about the one? HEY ANSWER ME!" Sen quickly tries to absorb his knowledge before he full re-dies [15+55].

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #24099 on: January 13, 2014, 11:12:22 pm »

Sen is a bit unsuccessful in doing so.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24100 on: January 13, 2014, 11:15:09 pm »

"DAMMIT!" Sen throws the corpse back towards the van [13+100!]

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24101 on: January 13, 2014, 11:16:06 pm »

<Check for identification and personal belongings...>

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24102 on: January 13, 2014, 11:21:55 pm »

<Ok, So the GPS and the glove box had no clues, and the corpses didn't either. I brought one guy back, but all he said was 'The One' before dying again. Body was dead for too long...> Sen gives a mad grunt over mind link.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24103 on: January 13, 2014, 11:23:29 pm »

<Check what the language the book is written in.>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24104 on: January 13, 2014, 11:23:52 pm »

Angel leads Alistair to the living room.

"Well, besides lacking the necessary materials it's really impractical. I mean, the giant robot idea was more practical."
"I dunno...Eisenhower didn't drop giant robots on Japan, did he?"

"It has been argued a bit while she was asleep whether Selina is an unintentional pervert or not, so possible pervert number 3."

"WH-what...?" Selina is really confused by what Conny just said.
"News to me."
Angel is confused. Nuriel is intrigued.

Marie sighs and puts them down.
"Yeah, in retrospect it was never going to work. Also, I'm more for the molestation. It's funny and occasionally adorable."

She is smacked by Will.
"Molestation is never funny."
He heads out of the room to wash his hands.

"I know. If I lacked morals I would have flirted with her. Although she is an adult in both body and mind..."
"No offense Marie, I just don't know where--wait, what? No, Kyle."

<We'll see~ ;) >
Marie laughs and hugs back, also hugging Kyle because why not. She also pulls Elf's characters into the hug even though he's offline. And in fact, pretty much everyone in the room.
"Eek!"
Will squirms, accidentally hitting a couple people. Once released, he hurries to the bathroom and begins taking a shower.

Breakfast. Angel is sitting next to Alistair. Will is enjoying select slices of bacon, plus some scrambled eggs. He made enough for anyone who wants them.

"Kyle, you have enough girlfriends. Now you're trying flirt with the Horseman of Pestilence?"
"Kyle has many redeeming traits. Monogamy compatability is not one of them."

"Oh, and let's not forget the interview!"
"If their website is to be trusted, it'll be live, so don't make huge idiots of yourselves. Oh, and I'll be watching, so keep your bracelets on for explanations, advice, and commentary."

Spoiler: Insultfest (click to show/hide)

Marten's shoulders suddenly sag, all of the fight suddenly out of him. "I don't care. I just want my daughter back, safe and sound."
"Aren't those...mutually..."
<Dammit, now I feel like shit for saying all that.>

"Why were you bringing her up the stairs if you wanted her to see her dad!?"
Kyle leads Ester to the door that is on the same floor as the kitchen.
"I think you should tell him. Then at least he can redeem himself to everyone if he wants to."
Ester finally nods, and slowly follows Kyle. Outside, father and daughter stare at each other for several moments. Finally, Marten sweeps up Ester in an embrace. "I was so worried about you," he whispers, while Ester just stands there mute.
Will kinda slinks back a bit.

Marie smiles at the reunion.
She also tentacuddles Meme and Momo gently because woo!
Momo cries and grips Meme with his claws.

Kyle coughs.
"She has something to tell you."
Ester looks at Kyle with an expression of terror, and then slowly nods.
"Um... Can we talk somewhere private?" Ester says to her father, who looks confused but leads her to his car. The two talk inside for a minute or two, though it's hard to tell exactly what's happening through the tinted windows. Finally the passenger door clunks open and shut, and the car speeds away to reveal Ester, looking thoroughly miserable.
"...I feel like we should intervene somehow."

Kyle rushes over to Ester and hugs her. HK-47 takes a potshot at the cars tire as it drives away.
"...Not that way. The shooting, I mean--the hugging is good. But the shooting..."

Kyle rushes over to Ester and hugs her.
Arya runs over to hug her, as does Maria and Lily. Abraxas just looks....calm.
Marie tentaclehugs the entire everyone!
Ester just stands in the middle of everyone, sobbing.
Will looks at this for a moment, before sighing and walking over, patting Ester on the back.
Stella joins the hugging.

"I am following directive. Evil individuals are to be dealt with in a timely manner. If I take a potshot to show what will happen if he tries to take revenge then he shall either bring more people and thus expose more evil one or he will stay away."
"Kyle, could you add a 'Don't commit crimes unless really needed' directive to HK?"

Sen shouts from in the kitchen, "I swear to the gods of old if that robot comes after me with a bag of salt again I will destroy it and put a curse of infertility on you so your kids can't make the same mistake you did Kyle!" Sen is still agitated by the robot. She doesn't actually mean to curse Kyle. Probably.
"Too late, Sen. Kyle has at least a couple more kids coming, if my guess is correct."

"I don't have to say it again; there was no Pestilence before I."
"Not my fault you guys don't have enough Horsemen of the Apocalypse."

Sen teleports away to the demon realm after mumbling something about "devouring their immortal souls" and 'desecrating their corpses'
<Man, right in front of me. Someone let me know when the jerk comes back, he needs a good whallop.>

"Oh okay, just out of curiosity, what are your hobbies?"
"...writing f-fanfic...."
"The plague of modern literature. And I sense I might have just insulted you. Fanfic is sometimes great, but almost all of it is crap. See you later."
Will heads inside, pondering, then deciding to phone ahead to the police station, reporting how Ester's father promised to pick her up yesterday but showed up a day late before kicking her out of the car when he found out she was magical.
He also reports that Conny had to heal a black eye and some other bruises on her after she got out of the car, because any goodwill and guilt he had towards Ester's father evaporated when he kicked Ester out of the car. Discriminating based on powers is about as out-of-date as sexism where he's from.
[To: all but Ester] <...Oh, by the way, I reported that Conny healed bruises on Ester's face after she got out of the car. We need to keep the story straight, okay? I'm getting a definite vibe of some kind of abuse off him...>

Sen reappears outside of Maria's house covered in demon's blood. Her clothing is shredded, but enough of it is left to keep her from being nude.
She walks inside saying something about needing a bath.
"Judging by the ingredient list, the body wash in the blue bottle should be best at getting the blood out. Assuming it's not too far from human blood."
Will is now working on a neat mail, intended to be sent to major news networks and individuals around the globe, including Mr. Stigson on a list of other religious whackjobs and such discriminating against magicians, comparing it to the KKK.
((Will, being an AU!verse American, is more familiar with the US's history of racism than the Australian history. Plus the US has a much richer palette, and anyways it should draw suspicion away from Northdale.))

Ester blushes a little bit, "I know, I... just feel like I should have said something to make it better, you know?"
"Like what? Your father's fear of magic seems to be rooted in superstition of a religious nature, and let me tell you, religious beliefs are tenacious. I've heard of priests arguing with their gods about religion. Short version being, there wasn't anything you could have said."

Selina is asleep in her bath now...
<...Anyone seen Selina recently? And if not, could Ashley teleport into the bathroom she was bathing in so she doesn't catch hypothermia again?>

Kyle serves everyone a slice of cake if they lack one.
"Busy. I'll wrap up this paragraph and then eat it."
Fifteen seconds later, Will is eating cake.
"Thanks!"
Stella thanks Kyle.
<Do I get my own slice?>
if yes: Nuriel waits for Angel to finish, pestering her some, then enjoys her cake with gusto.
if no: Nuriel gripes.

Kyle leans over Ester and just puts his head on top of hers... for about five second before he bolts upright.
"Shit, I have to put the fear of me into criminals still."
He dons his helmet again and goes out on patrol. Someone sharp may note that HK-47 has disappeared.
Once Kyle leaves:
"Would someone who hasn't triggered depression in Kyle mind trying to dissuade him from his attempted superheroics? There aren't enough supervillains, and trying this crap on normal criminals gets you hit with charges of vigilantism and, in most cases and quite likely in Kyle's, assorted variations of assault, battery, murder, attempted murder..."

She gives Kyle's hand a gentle squeeze before he leaves, "Stay safe."
"Thinking of joining the harem?" Will is half-joking.

Luna takes over the sleeping Selina and puts the bracelet on.

<Geez Selina needs to stop doing this! ...Or someone needs to be in here with her.>
Luna then walks out, still soaked and naked, as she headed for Selina's room.
Will averts his eyes.
"Luna, it's considered rude to walk around naked when people you aren't sleeping with are present.

<Guys, I'm done for today. And I swear to all my favorite immortal being that if you laugh I'm going to hurt you.>
When Kyle gets back to the house people may notice the blood on the front of his armor... and the pink smiley face on his back and arrow that points to his but saying 'come here for a good time'.
"Your new decal is on the wrong side."
Even when he's trying not to tease Kyle, he couldn't resist. But he did at least say this with a straight face.

Lucas now appears to be a little girl. Or at least, a Little girl version of himself. If such at thing makes sense.
"Uh... What just happened...?"
"We don't even quite finish off one crazy before another starts. This place is finally starting to feel like home."

"Until Luca becomes normal. Dibs on raising her." Sen practically lets out a meow as she pseudo adopts Luca.
"I believe Arya has dibs on any small children created in her house." Will chuckles a bit.

"Well, the graffiti is what is upsetting me. The blood is from punching the guy who did it one to many times... Maybe Cyrielle is right in calling us hardened veterans as I don't feel a bit of remorse for it..."
"Did you kill, maim, or cripple him? If not, and he deserved it, that's normal. ...Well, back home, and people are pretty sturdy here. Knock someone out once and they get brain damage."

<The person who was in Maria's house, didn't leave at any time and whom we haven't seen despite all the commotion.>
<You'll need to be more specific.>

<Check the nature of their injuries! If they were still in their seats they were probably wearing seatbelts, meanwhile Tobias was presumably on the floor, if anything, he should be dead and the passengers alive...>
<Something is very suspicious here...could someone get me on-site?>
Will finishes his cake.

"And you just decided to shoot the tire... and kill two men... and leave them in their van to rot... pleasant."
Will is clearly resisting the urge to say something unkind.

To the prisoner: "Shut up or I will devour your soul and raise your corpse as a puppet for entertainment." Sen becomes cross with the prisoner before putting him in the jail cell.
<BS.>

<...I really hope this is just a false-flag, because otherwise, these people are far too stereotypical.>
<Also stupid.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1605 1606 [1607] 1608 1609 ... 4748