Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3128278 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Now with 100% more Persona elements!
« Reply #18015 on: January 02, 2014, 04:58:44 am »

((There is now.))
The ectoplasm just kind of joins onto Aedan before evening out into his normal shape.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #18016 on: January 02, 2014, 05:02:12 am »

"What aspects of society are changing the most rapidly? Which ones are opportunities, and which ones are threats?"

"Nearly every facet of our daily lives are changing. Farmers are finding themselves making deals with nature spirits, fae, and the like, when before they simply hoped for fair weather. Manufacturing makes use of magical materials and methods to strengthen and improve materials, as well as for certain production roles. The military is already attempting to develop weapons that make use of magical energies. Businesses now use seers as well as mundane operatives to attempt to gather their information, and nearly any industry you care to mention has some sort of magical change occurring within it. Perhaps it would be easiest to say the one field that is least affected... education. It's always been the case that the field of education changes slowly, with things still being taught that are woefully out of date, and some things being neglected that come to be incredibly important in our later years. For your second question... Everything is an opportunity. Everything is a threat. When it comes to things like this, world-spanning events and repercussions, nothing is true, at least not absolutely. There are some places that have begun to have political... issues, tension between magic-users and mundane humans, occasionally breaking into outright civil warfare, though so far not in an especially large degree. Some magical beings have attempted to claim control over certain parts of the world, be they mortal mages or... other beings, though most have been repulsed by local forces... this has not helped, obviously, and such events cause a growing tension that is felt even across the ocean as we are. There are bills being presented to congress in a few weeks' time pertaining to the use of magic... whether it should be allowed, how it should be regulated or punished if the case may be."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18017 on: January 02, 2014, 05:06:00 am »

"Interesting... I suppose it's still early days though so the chaos is to be expected. Anything you would like to ask, Wheatley?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18018 on: January 02, 2014, 05:06:09 am »

Kyle feels like his advancements in weaponry are being ignored even though he already patented it and has gotten a deal with the military to let them make power armor. This makes him more sad.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #18019 on: January 02, 2014, 05:07:21 am »

Kyle feels like his advancements in weaponry are being ignored even though he already patented it and has gotten a deal with the military to let them make power armor. This makes him more sad.

((You're in Australia. Wrong military. Also, Why wouldn't they try to get more than one person's stuff?))

"Interesting... I suppose it's still early days though so the chaos is to be expected. Anything you would like to ask, Wheatley?"

"Chaos is to be expected, yes, but the degree of it worries me, somewhat..."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18020 on: January 02, 2014, 05:08:50 am »

((It was sold to the Americans though. Because he happened to be there at the time.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18021 on: January 02, 2014, 05:09:46 am »

"Indeed... perhaps the circumstances of it are partially to blame, a trump card unleashed during war... sounds somewhat similar to the atomic bomb..."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #18022 on: January 02, 2014, 05:11:23 am »

((It was sold to the Americans though. Because he happened to be there at the time.))

((Likely still state secrets while they figure out how to mobilize it and get sufficient numbers to do so. Also, like I said, they probably want more than one person supplying it so they can have options.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18023 on: January 02, 2014, 05:18:05 am »

((Oh, go back to Japan and run things there. Not that I mind you running America's army.))
Aedan complete's his creation and uploads it to the mindlink.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #18024 on: January 02, 2014, 05:21:11 am »

((Oh, go back to Japan and run things there. Not that I mind you running America's army.))
Aedan complete's his creation and uploads it to the mindlink.
((Meh, I'm not so much running it as stuff needed to get said and it would make sense that they'd want all the magic shit they could get, if it was proven to work.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18025 on: January 02, 2014, 05:21:58 am »

((Fair enough.))
Kyle's stopped crying for now.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18026 on: January 02, 2014, 07:46:57 am »

<I wonder if Abraxas wants to get with Hestia. I wonder if he's listening to my line...>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18027 on: January 02, 2014, 08:41:40 am »

>She happens to be my cousin. Are you fucking mad?<

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18028 on: January 02, 2014, 09:42:20 am »

(( O.O Note to self, stay up more often now... Okay, lets get my characters into some semblence of there...))

Selina looks around with her headache painfully.

Conny is on a plane.

Meme has fallen asleep curled around Momo.

((Also, Selina doesn't watch TV or read newspapers at all so... she really has no idea about any of the world changing magic stuff. She just thinks shes gotten lucky with no one coming right up to her for her autograph or something :P ))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18029 on: January 02, 2014, 10:40:12 am »

((*Goes to sleep. Comes back to 20+ pages of thread* Uhh...))

Seeing as Kyle has left the garage, Qi goes back to wandering around the house and the grounds.

((Does he have an irrational fear of woodchippers and chainsaws? Or is he too out of touch to know what they are? :P))

((Too out of touch, though Qi's smart enough to realize that spinning metal blades are not fun when you're made of wood.))
Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 [1202] 1203 1204 ... 4748