Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3134189 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Now with 100% more Persona elements!
« Reply #11790 on: November 13, 2013, 03:14:20 am »

<Oh, my apologies then. In that case, should we inform her about what happened?>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: November 13, 2013, 08:29:06 am »

<Who exactly? Considering what you've been fighting, it's probably still far less ambiguous in morality than what some of the people here have done. Namely killing soldiers from an alien species who for all we could know may have been conscripts.>
<Some other student. I'd gotten bored and killed them, she saw, got really scared of me for no good reason.>
<I can think of several good reasons.>

Side reading?
"Reading not assigned for class. Specifically, are you familiar with Stranger protocols?"
(Between all the Worm references already made and the fact that I largely based Will off of Tattletale...))

<Mmm. I would like to know why any assassins would choose such an obtrusive method as a slowly advancing gigantic laser, however.>
<Dramatic flair. You're practically a supervillain, you should be at least vaguely familiar with the concept. Pretty much every villain is, except those psychopaths who take what they want, kill whoever is too weak to stand in their way, and get attacked by heroes and villains alike until they get imprisoned or killed and thus return to the status quo.>
<...Actually, I can see you being the latter kind, never mind.>

<Come to think of it, he hasn't been very active recently probably lack of any significant events occurring. Anyway, I personally dislike Jason more, he seems more like a peripheral character, pulled by the marionette strings of plot yet placed too far into the foreground where that lack of agency becomes a significant issue. You know, @Projeck will be quite bemused when he checks this thread and finds three characters critiquing his characters.>
<It's kinda sad that we couldn't save Jason.>
<You mispronounced "stupid".>

>Rather paranoid about [Sues]. I've met one. Not pretty.<
<Aren't Sues generally pretty by definition? Ah, the jokes I make.>

<Also, I don't see why calling them objects is of any significance, we are all mere concepts after all.>
<Normally I'd criticize you for breaking the fourth wall, but...well, it's an interesting philosophical question. How do you know that the world isn't just shadows on Plato's cave?>

<Because @Empiricist is the sort of person who is more prone to finding such descriptions to be rather creepy. Whilst they have varying levels of justification, the fashion choices some of the female cast make are also quite questionable. Which is to say too fanservicey for @Empiricist. Personally, I don't mind, it just leaves more places for me to shoot at if required.>
<High five.>

Angel's mother is still glaring at Marie while talking on the phone. Marie hears a snippet
"...course I'm telling the...waste emergency services' time if I wasn't?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: November 13, 2013, 09:00:41 am »

Meme looks to be getting sadder and sadder under that glare, shifting uncomfortably. Why was she being glared at? Did she already hate her, without her even saying a word!?

((Should I read the last 5 or so pages of fourth wall breaking or...))
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:32:36 am by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: November 13, 2013, 09:21:56 am »

((Marie=/=Meme. Angel's mother hasn't even seen Meme.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: November 13, 2013, 10:32:24 am »

((Oops, scratch that.))

Meme is waiting patiently, looking up at Angel's father happily, trying to looks as innocent and as adorable as she could.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: November 13, 2013, 10:51:12 am »

Angel's father smiled a bit. Was this what non-precocious children were usually like?
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: November 13, 2013, 10:55:11 am »

"Want more cookies? I help make dem with my fwiends mommy." Meme holds out another cookie for Angel's dad, being very confident in her ability to not eat them herself. They were meant for others, not her.
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: November 13, 2013, 11:00:21 am »

"Thank you, but I'm full."
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: November 13, 2013, 11:03:03 am »

"Okay!" Meme puts the cookie in the bag again and sits patiently, playing with her paws a bit.

Meme was starting to think. People in this world went to non-magic schools to learn. Meme had never actually attended a full class at the academy yet, but she had learned a lot during her time there. Maybe she should go to school with Angel!

"What school like for Angel? I wondewing if I should go wif her to school!"
Meme smiles happily, looking super adorable.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:18:26 am by RangerCado »
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: November 13, 2013, 11:26:50 am »

"No, you're not old enough to be in Angel's class. You're not old enough for any school, actually. Even preschool, you need to be three or four to go there."
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: November 13, 2013, 11:28:56 am »

"Aw... but I wanna wearn!" Meme looks very hopeful!
[/quote]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: November 13, 2013, 11:32:29 am »

"Well, maybe your parents could homeschool you if they thought you were ready?"
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: November 13, 2013, 12:31:23 pm »

<Normally I'd criticize you for breaking the fourth wall, but...well, it's an interesting philosophical question. How do you know that the world isn't just shadows on Plato's cave?>
<I can not. Whilst I know for certain what @Empiricist allows me to know, it is only a certainty from my perspective, for all I know I could, indeed be delusional, for I posses no definitive proof that anything exists, not even myself. But if this really is a primitive phantasmagoria of delusions, and I accept it as reality, then surely, for me, it might as well be reality.

I suppose that delusions are strictly retrospective, after all, until they are recognized as fabrications, they are instead recognized as truth and it seems that truth is only a temporary designation applied to what the specific person thinks in a particular context within a given timeframe.

Of course, that is merely my opinion, please enlighten me as to you own.>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: November 13, 2013, 01:10:21 pm »

((Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in me doing a novelisation of RotMG so far?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: November 13, 2013, 01:11:26 pm »

((How would you handle the sudden GM and plot shift? Or would it only be after that point?))
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 4748