Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4601 4602 [4603] 4604 4605 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3127312 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #69030 on: May 18, 2014, 08:00:32 pm »

Kate hugs Winry tighter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69031 on: May 18, 2014, 08:02:09 pm »

"I... what? It's.. not even on..."
Black lives matter.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69032 on: May 18, 2014, 08:02:41 pm »

They push harder, wrapping their arms around him.

Winry hugs back tighter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69033 on: May 18, 2014, 08:06:06 pm »

Lyle succumbs to their succuban charms and accepts his fate.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #69034 on: May 18, 2014, 08:07:39 pm »

Kate continues cuddling with Winry.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69035 on: May 18, 2014, 08:15:29 pm »

She pulls him to the ground and begin to rub his back and sides.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #69036 on: May 19, 2014, 02:14:10 am »

ICARUS waits for @PrivateNomad to make a decision anyway. Unless specificaly mentioned by Sanure in the description, it's fair to assume that if Sanure had not considered this form of suprise attack, neither did the engineer of these jets.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69037 on: May 19, 2014, 02:48:52 am »

((I did. Also, I'm getting released tomorrow. So yay))

((EDIT: Also, can anyone send me things I need to answer via PM? I'll have access to my laptop in 5 hours and will be able to answer them.))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 02:54:55 am by Sanure »
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69038 on: May 19, 2014, 02:55:36 am »

((oh bullshit. These things already have a 200 point stat total, deal twice the damage they would under normal rules and their attack auto-stuns for 2 turns. And of course they are also immune to being beaten with proper planning and creative ideas, nope, you guys have to stat-grind them.))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69039 on: May 19, 2014, 02:58:06 am »

((oh bullshit. These things already have a 200 point stat total, deal twice the damage they would under normal rules and their attack auto-stuns for 2 turns. And of course they are also immune to being beaten with proper planning and creative ideas, nope, you guys have to stat-grind them.))

((What proper planning? Remember most of the people that attacked the two fighters? Also, these are jets that were built to defeat demons and magic users. Not some weak mook. I did say that these fights would be dangerous. Also, They don't have 200 point stat pools.))
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69040 on: May 19, 2014, 04:56:51 am »

((you did PM me telling me they have 40 in each stat. just because they don't have any mag stat doesn't actually reduce the total for scaling. Anyway, I am not complaining that they are hard to defeat in a normal fight. I am complaining that you handwave the damocles plan as "oh yeah, they thought of that way ahead, too bad." If a fight is impossible to win with sheer stats, a creative approach to negate the enemies strengths and play to their weaknesses should be rewarded, not handwaved like a kid playing guns that suddenly declares "I have a bullet proof vest!" when shot. The dead cone, or cone of silence is a thing *every* radar has. Even with overlapping coverages, it will not be the actual formation that gains a signal, but a formation that needs to be hundreds of miles away. The enemy fleet has a blind spot above them, and dear god you can not just handwave it. You already drew too far from the handwave account by declaring plasma an electrical attack, rather than a heat based one the moment you heared that several of the players were resistant to heat, but weak to electrical attacks.))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:09:13 am by Akroma »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69041 on: May 19, 2014, 06:00:14 am »

((you did PM me telling me they have 40 in each stat. just because they don't have any mag stat doesn't actually reduce the total for scaling. Anyway, I am not complaining that they are hard to defeat in a normal fight. I am complaining that you handwave the damocles plan as "oh yeah, they thought of that way ahead, too bad." If a fight is impossible to win with sheer stats, a creative approach to negate the enemies strengths and play to their weaknesses should be rewarded, not handwaved like a kid playing guns that suddenly declares "I have a bullet proof vest!" when shot. The dead cone, or cone of silence is a thing *every* radar has. Even with overlapping coverages, it will not be the actual formation that gains a signal, but a formation that needs to be hundreds of miles away. The enemy fleet has a blind spot above them, and dear god you can not just handwave it. You already drew too far from the handwave account by declaring plasma an electrical attack, rather than a heat based one the moment you heared that several of the players were resistant to heat, but weak to electrical attacks.))

((Agreed, also Stella probably wants Lightning rod armour now, if such a thing is possible))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69042 on: May 19, 2014, 06:06:03 am »

((without some grounded wire to lead the electricity off somewhere, that's difficult. I suppose wearing some layer of rubber over chainmail would suffice as a faraday cage, with the path of least resistance and all, but without and ground for the electricty to go, not really useful. And I guess at least for these weapons, the plasma would probably burn through the rubber anyway.))

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #69043 on: May 19, 2014, 07:27:05 am »

Alice did her best to ignore the shenanigans that were going on behind her, doing her best to continue focusing on the healing. A light blush was still on her cheeks despite her best efforts though.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69044 on: May 19, 2014, 08:18:26 am »

((They have a state pool of 120. Thats 40 in each stat because they have only 4 stats. I am not handwaving the "blind spot" above them. When I said that I accounted for everything I did not say I was handwaving it. Instead of assuming stuff, ask me. I will tell you if you ask. Want to see their stats? Give me a minute to post them OOC. Want me to tell you their abilities? Give me a minute. Do NOT assume that I am going to "handwave the damocles plan as "oh yeah, they thought of that way ahead, too bad." Jesus Christ, cut me some slack, I am not a bastard or a douche-bag.))
Pages: 1 ... 4601 4602 [4603] 4604 4605 ... 4748