Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4565 4566 [4567] 4568 4569 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3127926 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #68490 on: May 08, 2014, 03:41:04 pm »

Code: [Select]
Dear Constanza,

I would like to contact you about an IRIS mission. We would like to purchase your help in the preparation thereof. Is it feasible to gain access to an aircraft carrier close to the coast of brazil,
including crew and jets, within the next 24 hours? If that is feasible, please contact me about the price of your efforts.

best regards,
ICARUS
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #68491 on: May 08, 2014, 03:46:10 pm »

Such a mission already exists within the Brazilian military, but I do not believe it will proceed within your timetable. This could be corrected.

As for price, a supposedly French communication satellite in geostationary orbit is in fact an  IRIS observation unit for the Atlantic region. I desire access to the information of this unit.
There is already a receiving proxy to which you can send the data, should you accept.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68492 on: May 08, 2014, 03:52:53 pm »

Dear Constanza,

The price is accepted. Please proceed with your task, and supply us with an accurate estimation of rendevous time and place. Payment will be given upon succesful completion.

best regards,
ICARUS

edit: Oh and ICARUS of course signs up for team A, the anti-fleet team. Sign up guys please.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:58:04 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #68493 on: May 08, 2014, 04:00:52 pm »

If Constanza smiled, she would have at that moment.

Thirty minutes later, IRIS gets a call from the Brazillian Navy. It sounds like they received an anonymous tip about this. The carrier is on the way, where and when do you want it?

All she did was give a flashdrive to a professor who gave it to a colleague who sent the data across a line she knew was monitored by Brazillian intelligence, who helpfully broke her cipher.
The angel of death is on the wing. Contact the all-seeing eye and expedite.
After that, another call to a friend to a priest to an admiral's wife to that admiral to convince him to go for it for the sake of Catholics everywhere.

Child's play, really.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68494 on: May 08, 2014, 04:03:14 pm »

<Okay, I shall risk my life for testing the extent of the things I'm looking at. Sounds good.> Sen flys at a highspeed towards the fleet. Upon getting close to a fighter, the fighter begins to glow, Sen begins to wobble as her paper armor and wings scatter, leaving her to flail about as she falls towards the ground. After Sen gets out of range of the fighter squad, she draws more paper out of her paper case and form wings, "So they have demon plating as their armor. So I don't think Void magic will work against them..."
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68495 on: May 08, 2014, 04:04:57 pm »

ICARUS estimates the jets likely course and gives Constanza coordinates to an area for the carrier to stay on standby in. Sen is contacted to transmit the jets position to the carrier every couple of minutes so they can move in to attack. When that happens, the team A will teleport in with Sen (hopefully on a speedy boat?) behind the enemy jets and attack

<Demon plating?>

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #68496 on: May 08, 2014, 04:07:23 pm »

ICARUS estimates the jets likely course and gives Constanza the Brazilian Navy coordinates to an area for the carrier to stay on standby in. Sen is contacted to transmit the jets position to the carrier every couple of minutes so they can move in to attack. When that happens, the team A will teleport in with Sen (hopefully on a speedy boat?) behind the enemy jets and attack

FTFY. Just because Constanza COULD probably coordinate the whole attack in secret doesn't mean she WANTS to. Close enough for government work, though.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68497 on: May 08, 2014, 04:08:18 pm »

((Oh and Will is currently at the Vatican. He ranked enough to be considered skilled. He currently is about to be assigned to a squad.))

<Right. Course you wouldn't know. It's a type of magical alloy that reacts to demonic life. I saw it once before back in Egypt when a cult of demon worshipers wanted to...um.. I'll tell that story later. Anyways, it reacts to demons and can selectively activate the abilities that it was enchanted with. In this case, it drained my mana and caused me to lose control of my paper."Sen is now flying behind the fleet a ways off.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68498 on: May 08, 2014, 04:12:33 pm »

<So for you it will be too dangerous to engage the bombers in combat, I see. Good to know in advance. We will have to see how it affects Bartimaeus and Ashley...hmm..with just me, HILDA, Stella and Kyle, it becomes difficult. Heck, it might even affect HILDA, though strictly speaking, Bartimaeus, Ashley and HILDA are not demons. It might only have a small effect on them. Do you think Thermite charges will still bring them down if placed in key positions?>

<Kyle, how quickly can you make another flight suit?>

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68499 on: May 08, 2014, 04:15:05 pm »

<I'm not a technician... So I haven't a clue. It's worth a try thought.> Sen mental sighs and continues following them.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68500 on: May 08, 2014, 04:15:32 pm »

ICARUS just waits for more sign ups then. Manpower is needed.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68501 on: May 08, 2014, 04:19:39 pm »

Alice signs up for the second group
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68502 on: May 08, 2014, 04:33:30 pm »

Alucard draws a summoning circle and tries to summon a weak, Bartimaeus-tier entity from the domain of Lolgrammoth [95+23].

Sen suddenly finds a huge VTOL hovercraft teleport next to her, accompanied by a colossal swirl of purple energy as it materializes. On it's wing, the letters HILDA are painted on it in blocky text. In the cockpit, Pope!Bartimaeus is piloting HILDA as his white robes flap around in the wind. He reaches a hand up and adjusts his pope hat.
 "Ya' rang?" he shouts.
Winry moves into the cockpit.
 "Ugh, I'm motion sick..."

Lizzie slides on a pair of shades and readies her daggers.
 <I'll be on team B.>

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68503 on: May 08, 2014, 04:37:46 pm »

"How very classy. Bartimaeus, does your soul contain creation in it?"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68504 on: May 08, 2014, 04:38:26 pm »

What appears in a cloud of stinking green mist that leaves a greasy layer of oil on the furniture, corroding the surface a bit is a Karakil, a roughly 12 meters long, winged serpent, one-horned and usualy used for transport of persons. It is said to be the weakest horned entity in the void, but is of great utlity.

[this one is weak as fuck, so you can actually roll to just controle it]
Pages: 1 ... 4565 4566 [4567] 4568 4569 ... 4748