Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4564 4565 [4566] 4567 4568 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3127904 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #68475 on: May 08, 2014, 09:05:06 am »

<Sen, if you are up for it we need a test about the extend of the enemies anti-magic measures. Are you able to teleport onto the bombers?>

<Will, do you think you could be able to hack into their data and find as much as you can about their aircrafts?>
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:06:44 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68476 on: May 08, 2014, 09:16:59 am »

<Why do we want to make sure the vatican is unharmed?>
<Out of concern for the billion Catholics. And the 2.75 million or so citizens of Rome.>

<The bomb is likely used to separate Earth from Hell.>
<Are you willing to bet that it won't have side effects?>

<... They can't be that stupid right? And the way I see it, the Vatican is probably full of the order so why should we not bomb it?>
<Dammit Kyle we are not bombing the Vatican! Do you want to have a billion people out for your blood?!?>

<I don't think that separating earth from hell would be done with a bomb. Not very useful ya know. And why should I care about hell not being accessible? No offense to Lucifer and Nuriel but Hell isn't fun or interesting. And also, this mean no one can complain about going to hell. In my opinon we should just get rid of all afterlives. It's not like they'll do us much good.>
<...You're sleeping on the couch if I have to knock you unconscious and tie you there. With barbed wire.>
<On another, less violent, note, if we got rid of afterlives, we'd have a lot of lost souls just wandering around, unable to find rest. Though on the bright side, maybe you'd stop saying they don't exist.>

<Your religious views on that are not a priority concern. Point is, a terrorist organisation is going to detonate a bomb in a capital city, and we should not let them do that.>
<Technically, two capitals' city.>

<Well, I'd care more but... they're Catholics.>
<...Dammit Kyle, religious intolerance is so 19th century. Catch up.>

<IRIS is laying siege to it so... Also, why isn't anyone telling the Roman officials about this yet?>
<Dunno about you guys, but for me it's because that would blow my cover just a little. P.S. You guys haven't told Rome about this yet?>

<Sen, if you are up for it we need a test about the extend of the enemies anti-magic measures. Are you able to teleport onto the bombers?>

<Will, do you think you could be able to hack into their data and find as much as you can about their aircrafts?>

<Possibly...>
Hey Sanure, what's Will's position in the Order? Remember, he's been strategically using his power (passing it off as intuition and lucky guesses; his "headcanon" within his disguise is that it's a minor magical ability, perhaps clairvoyance or precognition, which is being used subconsciously) to increase his standing in the Order. Assuming that it's safe to do so (Will ain't an idiot).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68477 on: May 08, 2014, 09:39:32 am »

While the people are taking their sweet time to arrive, ICARUS goes through the explosives storage...
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #68478 on: May 08, 2014, 02:00:47 pm »

<IRIS is laying siege to it so... Also, why isn't anyone telling the Roman officials about this yet?>
<Dunno about you guys, but for me it's because that would blow my cover just a little. P.S. You guys haven't told Rome about this yet?>

<I did. Also do you think they're morons of course they've tried to get in there. Oh, and at one point they tried to blow up that portal frame with artillery, but that didn't go anywhere.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68479 on: May 08, 2014, 02:20:31 pm »

<So, still waiting in the situation room, 68 hours left now, maybe some more people could show up? Kyle, HILDA, Stella we really need your flying abilities. Bartimaeus, Ashley, we need your teleports.>
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:03:06 pm by Akroma »

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #68480 on: May 08, 2014, 02:28:24 pm »

Ashley shows up.
"What for?"
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68481 on: May 08, 2014, 02:45:54 pm »

"Well, since everyone who has not shown up yet can hear me over bracelet anyway, I shall explain. The following situation: The order has a terroristic attack planned on the vatican with possible consequences of unforseen proportions. For this they have two key components: A) The Seraphim Bomb, currently in argentinia and being tracked by Sen. It is on one of several bombers, protected by a fleet of fighters, en route to rome. B) *Mana Incarnate*. We are not entirely sure what it is, but it is already at the target destination of the bombing, and it holds isnane amount of mana. These two components together will wreck havoc. We need two teams.

The first team will be compromised of fliers and teleporters. Using all the agility we can muster, we will take out the bombers. Because of the fighters, sustained aerial combat is unwise, so we will use our small size and agility, and turn their own numbers to our advantage - by beelining between the bombers, wether by flight or by teleport, and holding on to them. Once landed, the fighters can not fire on us - or they will hit the bombers and do our work for them. Since the order has protected them against magic, we will use very simple tools."

ICARUS reveals what she has taken from the explosives storage

"Thermite charges. These are made to cut through building steel supports during demolition, and cut through them like *butter*. Even the most advanced bombers will come straight down after we blasted a wing off with these babies. If this team gets enough people who can work in it, taking the fleet out will be a very quick effort. We will observe the enemies reaction to the downed bombers to make out which of them carries the bomb, and try to destroy or if that can not be done safely, secure it. The attack will happen over water or uninhabited areas, to make sure once the order is downed, they won't beat us to the bomb, or in case it detonates, no civilians are in the way of harm.

The second team will contact the IRIS units who are laying siege on the vatican. These units will attack the entrances to draw the enemies attention, meanwhile the second team will sneak into the vatican and head for the location of the *mana incarnate*. Expect heavy, and I mean *heavy* resistance. This team will need all of our non-flying or teleporting combatants, as well as our best mages, who will try and analyze the target when they arrive, and then proceed according to their own judgement, destroying, securing, whatever. They may also decide to ignore it and try to locate and kill the enemies leaders.

Any questions or suggestions?"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #68482 on: May 08, 2014, 03:04:47 pm »

<You might wish to contact Constanza Ruiz in Brazil for help in operation 1. If you can make it worth her while, who knows what strings she can pull?

...Which is to say, I dunno if you can actually get her to help, but hey. Outsourcing is a plus.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68483 on: May 08, 2014, 03:06:16 pm »

<Can she fly?>

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #68484 on: May 08, 2014, 03:10:05 pm »

<Not that I know of. But I remember the last time they tried to recruit Constanza, they managed to come off as threatening enough for her to create an international incident in an hour. I have a personal interest in learning if she has as much power among the military as she does the media, for one thing. For another, it'd be entertaining if those bombers got shot down by surface-to-air missiles.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68485 on: May 08, 2014, 03:12:07 pm »

"Do you think she could get us an aircraft carrier? Their artillery and their fighters would serve as excellent distraction as we fly into the enemies formation from behind and get the bombers."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68486 on: May 08, 2014, 03:13:51 pm »

"Any questions or suggestions?"
"Question: When do we start?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #68487 on: May 08, 2014, 03:15:12 pm »

<Hmmm.. It's a possibility. Like I said, however, you'll have to bargain with her, as I don't believe she's particularly threatened by the Order's current goal.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68488 on: May 08, 2014, 03:23:08 pm »

<Give me her number then.>

"Well, once the teams are ready. So far many of the key elements have not yet arrived. We need to wait until they are over the atlantik anyway, and if Constanza agrees, for the carrier to be at the rendevous point."

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #68489 on: May 08, 2014, 03:26:34 pm »

<Use this email address, and be quick about it. I have to get back to dealing with fae in Scotland. Long story.>
ICARUS gets Constanza's chessmaster email address. :P
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:35:43 pm by Twi »
Pages: 1 ... 4564 4565 [4566] 4567 4568 ... 4748