Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4555 4556 [4557] 4558 4559 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3128549 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #68340 on: May 07, 2014, 05:00:36 pm »

"Guys, watch this. I practiced changing to an organic-like form."
HILDA proceeds to shift into a girl with very large mechanized fists.

Alice stared at HILDA for a second
"That's... That's really amazing"

"Sounds harder than it actually is. I mean, the cake did turn out alright. Also HILDA, machines trying to look organic? Gross."

Alice blushed deeply at the mention of the cake
"It... It did"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #68341 on: May 07, 2014, 05:05:57 pm »

<Well, their own private reality that every organic has in his head is just fantasies. It's hard to compare, but I think the main difference is that organics life in their body and perceive that as their reality, and occasionaly switch into their fantasies. Meanwhile I live in my own world, and switch to reality. And even then, I am not even directly seeing the world through the cameras on the ICARUS-05, but rather, on a screen in my world, controled via buttons.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68342 on: May 07, 2014, 05:12:20 pm »

<Interesting. And what is this internal reality like? Who are you, in it?>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68343 on: May 07, 2014, 05:17:23 pm »

"Mechanized fists are too badass to pass up."

"Don't know about ya'll robots, but I'm starving."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68344 on: May 07, 2014, 05:17:59 pm »

<I am the person inhabiting it, and creating and changing it, more or less, at will. A few fundamental principles here, a few cosmetic details there. Usualy I am just in my apartment, piloting the ICARUS-05. Nowadays I only go out and create more new stuff when all you guys are asleep and I have a lot of time. Even with the difference in perceived time, that is in my world the time passes faster then in yours, though not always at the same rate, depending on the lag, creating new stuff takes a very long time, so I'd need a whole night or two passing in the real world to get stuff done in mine. Like when building a house or a tree or the like. Even with the copypaste tool, it's a lot of work.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68345 on: May 07, 2014, 05:20:40 pm »

<I can't wait to study you, HILDA.>
 <Who the hell are you?>
 <I helped make ICARUS. I'm her mom, in a way.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68346 on: May 07, 2014, 05:22:03 pm »

<You are a bit overstating your importance in the development of this body. There was a whole team of engineers, you didn't even lead it. You're more like a aunt.>

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68347 on: May 07, 2014, 05:25:47 pm »

<I still designed your body, that has to be something. At least I didn't paint freedom stripes all over you like that other ICARUS unit. Speaking of that, did you hear about the HYDRA units DARPA is building?>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68348 on: May 07, 2014, 05:28:29 pm »

<Yeah, I saw the add on their web-page to interest potential investors and buyers. I'm actually half of the people in the design team, working from *their home PC*>

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68349 on: May 07, 2014, 05:29:49 pm »

<So that explains the design, then. Man, I hear they'll have all sorts of weapons packed inside them. Wish I had the money to buy one of em' myself.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68350 on: May 07, 2014, 05:31:38 pm »

<Some of the stuff they have not added to their webpage yet, or so I managed to deduce. Experimental weaponry that they are not sure they can finish in time.>

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68351 on: May 07, 2014, 05:32:50 pm »

<Yeah, and they look super hot too. Dem' double joints...>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68352 on: May 07, 2014, 05:36:54 pm »

<That is hardly new classified technology. IRIS is just not really in their field of expertise with robotics.>

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68353 on: May 07, 2014, 05:37:40 pm »

<I wish they were. I would have been working with DARPA long ago if it wasn't Kate who found me as an egg.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68354 on: May 07, 2014, 05:39:03 pm »

<Cats lay eggs now?>
Pages: 1 ... 4555 4556 [4557] 4558 4559 ... 4748