Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4502 4503 [4504] 4505 4506 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3132309 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #67545 on: May 02, 2014, 05:26:26 pm »

"On what? Wether or not you should repair yourself, how to find an innocent person in this world of sin, alternatives, justifications. Please specify."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #67546 on: May 02, 2014, 05:27:24 pm »

"I don't want to kill someone, but I also need to repair myself. If I continue to wait, my body will eventually fade way."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67547 on: May 02, 2014, 05:32:51 pm »

"Well, you could argue about food chains and that maybe killing things lesser than you to survive is only a natural thing, but that seems rather..harsh. Could your mind not be transfered to a suitable replacement body? Or maybe a different kind of payment can be found? If not...well, mortality is a thing. The vast, vast majority of beings are immortal, and eventually fade away."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67548 on: May 02, 2014, 05:41:34 pm »

"My core will always remain immortal, but my body will fade away. If my core is transferred to another body, then I will be fine, but... I like the magic of this body."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67549 on: May 02, 2014, 05:46:43 pm »

Rose is... just sorta wandering aimlessly around the castle.

Lunette has commandeered an entire section of the library to work, with papers, maps and star charts strewn all over the place as she pours over them.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67550 on: May 02, 2014, 05:53:31 pm »

"Well, if you can not bring yourself to kill an innocent to maintain that body, you will eventually have to switch to a more maintainable body I'm afraid. Some would call such a sacrifice noble."

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67551 on: May 02, 2014, 05:54:46 pm »

"Yeah, back when us void entities could enter creation at any time, I actually spent around seventy years in the form of a human, baby to a corpse. Was an experiment to see how to interact with humans, and I adopted a son along the way. I don't really understand families. I was a pretty shit mom."

Bartimaeus teleports next to Rose in the same form of the woman.

Alucard enters the library, glancing over Lunette's work.

"Perhaps... Thanks, ICARUS. How has it been with you and Alice?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67552 on: May 02, 2014, 05:57:29 pm »

"Yeah, back when us void entities could enter creation at any time, I actually spent around seventy years in the form of a human, baby to a corpse. Was an experiment to see how to interact with humans, and I adopted a son along the way. I don't really understand families. I was a pretty shit mom."

Bartimaeus teleports next to Rose in the same form of the woman.

Rose doesn't say anything to Bartimaeus, but ducks down the closest hallway she can.

Alucard enters the library, glancing over Lunette's work.

Lunette waves happily to Alucard, "Hello. Do you know how to access someone's email account?"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67553 on: May 02, 2014, 05:59:04 pm »

"As in hacking it? Ask Bartimaeus, he knows many espionage things. What are you doing in here?"

"You can't evade me that easily, your magic aura is too distinct." she says, following her.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67554 on: May 02, 2014, 06:01:11 pm »

"Good. Though if I am entirely honest, I find it annoying that Rose is still here. Her situation has Alice distracted, and since Rose is the weak kind of person who'd rather be pitied than actually helped, I fear it might stay like that for a while. I am hoping for Ashley and Bartimaeus to make progress soon though, and Lunette is working hard too."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67555 on: May 02, 2014, 06:03:36 pm »

"As in hacking it? Ask Bartimaeus, he knows many espionage things. What are you doing in here?"

"I guess so... I'm trying to help Rose, and I was wondering if I could access Filipov's email. I hoping that there'll be more information about what they found on it, since the records that I have are out of date or partially burnt."

"You can't evade me that easily, your magic aura is too distinct." she says, following her.

"That doesn't mean that I have to talk to you," she replies, ducking into another hallway.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67556 on: May 02, 2014, 06:08:17 pm »

HILDA nods, "Yeah, I find it really annoying how Kyle is sometimes with other women, but I deal with it... Is there something wrong with that?"

"Ah, very well."

"You're right, but how long can you ignore me?" she says, still following.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67557 on: May 02, 2014, 06:10:19 pm »

"Ah, very well."

"Yep. I'm comparing constellations and the position of the digsite to see if something lines up," she continues conversationally.

"You're right, but how long can you ignore me?" she says, still following.

"Long enough," she says, trying to shake them.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67558 on: May 02, 2014, 06:11:54 pm »

Alucard nods, watching her work.

Bartimaeus continues to follow.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67559 on: May 02, 2014, 06:19:54 pm »

"How Rose ever earned Alice favour I do not know, but she certainly never even once lifted a finger to actually *keep* it as soon as I challenged it. She took Alice for granted - and still does. It makes me angry that she is still around. And for such a flimsy reason too. Oh no, tattoos, how horrible. That magic made her immortal and imbued magic in her voice that can hardly be called a curse. All she was facing is a little discrimination because she lived in some backwater town - there are plenty of ways to get around it. Yet she acts as if it's the end of the world, and Alice won't stop worrying."
Pages: 1 ... 4502 4503 [4504] 4505 4506 ... 4748