Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4496 4497 [4498] 4499 4500 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3133402 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #67455 on: May 01, 2014, 09:36:40 am »

"I..., we... we will find a... a way"

Rose is silent for a long moment, and then slowly shakes her head, "I... don't know..."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #67456 on: May 01, 2014, 09:39:48 am »

Rose is silent for a long moment, and then slowly shakes her head, "I... don't know..."

Alice walked closer to Rose, she hesitated and then put a hand on Rose's shoulder
"We... We will, I... I promise"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67457 on: May 01, 2014, 09:42:58 am »

Alice walked closer to Rose, she hesitated and then put a hand on Rose's shoulder
"We... We will, I... I promise"

Rose doesn't react. "I... M-maybe you should make promises you c-can't keep..." She sighs and curls up into a ball to start moping again.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67458 on: May 01, 2014, 09:46:40 am »

Rose doesn't react. "I... M-maybe you should make promises you c-can't keep..." She sighs and curls up into a ball to start moping again.

Alice's face fell as she saw Rose's reaction, quickly she went to her side and knelt down next to her.
"I'm... I'm sorry"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67459 on: May 01, 2014, 09:48:26 am »

Alice's face fell as she saw Rose's reaction, quickly she went to her side and knelt down next to her.
"I'm... I'm sorry"

"You... d-don't have to apologize. It's all m-my fault..." Rose says, mostly because of how miserable she feels right now.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #67460 on: May 01, 2014, 09:50:11 am »

<Shut up. This kind of additude, I really can't stand it. Everybody is working on helping you, and despite this you just go crying about telling us we are making promises we can't keep? You would say that kind of crap to Alice? Your problem is nowhere near as severe as Alices, the only problem is your attitude. Additude is always the problem. So seriously, be silent. Everybody is working hard for you, and your additude is an insult.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67461 on: May 01, 2014, 09:52:39 am »

"You... d-don't have to apologize. It's all m-my fault..." Rose says, mostly because of how miserable she feels right now.

"It's... It's not don't... don't say that"

<Shut up. This kind of additude, I really can't stand it. Everybody is working on helping you, and despite this you just go crying about telling us we are making promises we can't keep? You would say that kind of crap to Alice? Your problem is nowhere near as severe as Alices, the only problem is your attitude. Additude is always the problem. So seriously, be silent. Everybody is working hard for you, and your additude is an insult.>

<She's... She's upset>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67462 on: May 01, 2014, 09:57:33 am »

<Being upset is a sort of motivation too. This defeatist additude is sickening. Someone who literaly can not die even when killed should really not just be sitting around complaining about how difficult everything is. If she truely wants this curse to end, she will work on it. We have about a dozen portals around, only one of them is the real one, the others may or may not lead to deadly traps. If I was her, I'd walk through each and every one of them without hesitation. Instead what, she complains that we haven't done so already because we actually have to worry that we might die if we just step through? Sickening. A curse is a curse, and that is not her fault and a tragedy, but the actual factor of her situation is her additude. Rose does not want help, she wants pity.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67463 on: May 01, 2014, 10:02:50 am »

<Being upset is a sort of motivation too. This defeatist additude is sickening. Someone who literaly can not die even when killed should really not just be sitting around complaining about how difficult everything is. If she truely wants this curse to end, she will work on it. We have about a dozen portals around, only one of them is the real one, the others may or may not lead to deadly traps. If I was her, I'd walk through each and every one of them without hesitation. Instead what, she complains that we haven't done so already because we actually have to worry that we might die if we just step through? Sickening. A curse is a curse, and that is not her fault and a tragedy, but the actual factor of her situation is her additude. Rose does not want help, she wants pity.>

<Stop... Stop it, your... your just making her... her feel worse>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67464 on: May 01, 2014, 10:06:09 am »

<Good. I don't mean to sound cruel, but maybe this will give her the motivation to at least try something. If we just take things in life granted and never stand up for what we want, we won't get it, nor will we be able to keep the things we already have. If somehow this lesson gets through to her, it might be more valueable for her than any curse breaking.>

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67465 on: May 01, 2014, 10:37:22 am »

Rose thinks long and hard about what to say before she finally responds, <I d-don't care about the t-terrorists. I mean that they are t-terrible people and should be stopped, but... Arresting them w-won't bring Filipov b-back. Or repair the only site with... t-the connection to my c-curse. So I'm n-not complaining about everything you've done f-for me, because it's a lot and I'm g-grateful. But if feels like... Like I'm stranded. That whatever we d-do is pointless, because I'll be stuck l-like this forever...>

Rose sighs and turns off her bracelet before ICARUS can reply, and then gets up and leaves without saying a word to Alice.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67466 on: May 01, 2014, 10:40:29 am »

ICARUS mind-shrugs. You can lead a horse to water, but not make it drink. When the horse actively refuses to search for water, well, the glass stays empty.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67467 on: May 01, 2014, 10:44:59 am »

Rose thinks long and hard about what to say before she finally responds, <I d-don't care about the t-terrorists. I mean that they are t-terrible people and should be stopped, but... Arresting them w-won't bring Filipov b-back. Or repair the only site with... t-the connection to my c-curse. So I'm n-not complaining about everything you've done f-for me, because it's a lot and I'm g-grateful. But if feels like... Like I'm stranded. That whatever we d-do is pointless, because I'll be stuck l-like this forever...>

Rose sighs and turns off her bracelet before ICARUS can reply, and then gets up and leaves without saying a word to Alice.

"Wait don't... don't leave" she climbed to her feet after Rose did, reaching out an arm after her. After she didn't stop or even pay attention to her, she stopped though and let out a sigh.

<Good. I don't mean to sound cruel, but maybe this will give her the motivation to at least try something. If we just take things in life granted and never stand up for what we want, we won't get it, nor will we be able to keep the things we already have. If somehow this lesson gets through to her, it might be more valueable for her than any curse breaking.>

<Did... Did you have to... to talk to her like... like that?>

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #67468 on: May 01, 2014, 10:52:46 am »

((This game has turned into Rise of the ICARUSxAlice Ship: ICARUS being a jerk to people when their upset.))
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:58:03 am by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67469 on: May 01, 2014, 10:56:43 am »

<If she won't believe you that it will all be alright, she won't believe me either. Motivation comes only from the inside, and handling her like an egg is unlikely to do anything. If she truely wants to get rid of the curse, then she will think about my words. Desperation is a motivation that can be stronger than hope. She is literaly immortal. That is a powerful tool at her disposal, and it synergizes well with desperation. I really do not mean to sound cruel, but if she is ready to stop trying so easily, was it really that important to her in the first place? The events of the last days were setbacks, but not an entirely complete loss. Lunette is still working on translating the symbols, and if not, there are always more scientists out there. Meanwhile Sokolov may yet turn out to be an invaluable source of information. Anyone else would have been unaware that Filipovs dig was anything more than just a perfectly normal archeology dig. Yet he seemed to be well aware of the nature of the dig, possibly even more aware than Filipov. That we didn't catch him immediatly does not mean we won't. If only this little setback makes her give up, then she should just come to terms with her situation.>

((only because everyone else, except maybe for PN sort of stoped posting.))
Pages: 1 ... 4496 4497 [4498] 4499 4500 ... 4748