Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4334 4335 [4336] 4337 4338 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3127963 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #65025 on: April 20, 2014, 08:45:06 pm »

((Check my sig, should be first link, and Ktakubo is last spoiler on that page.))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #65026 on: April 20, 2014, 08:48:25 pm »

"Ah, the brain scorcher. Was wondering when you'd get here. Come on in. After our Head Psionics Professor, no one else can scare me anymore."

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65027 on: April 20, 2014, 08:50:30 pm »

Ktakubo does come in and sit down. After that she remains quiet while staring at Marie.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #65028 on: April 20, 2014, 08:52:48 pm »

Marie is sitting on her silken throne, casually doing something obscene in her office, spinning to face Ktakubo.

"So. Ravenca, eh? A more obvious Magic the Gathering reference I've yet to see. And your  lack of wings aside, you remind me of Miko.

What do you want of Dr. Marie Hel?"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65029 on: April 20, 2014, 08:57:36 pm »

((:P))

"Something the humans of this universe did get right was when they described my home universe in a trading card game. I don't see why they changed the names though. Our names are much better. Anyways, Some woman with the mind of a child told me to visit you. Said you would help me get white listed in this pointless antimagic shield your leader insists on having." Ktakubo's voice is a nice pitch.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #65030 on: April 20, 2014, 09:04:06 pm »

"I might. See, some of us are paranoid  about being disturbed. We wish to have no plot and avoid conflict, despite the same player later insisting we need to be dragged into plots. So we try to keep everyone safe. Badly, mind you, but we try. I'd like to give you a thorough examination first: magical and psychological."

...The room starts laughing, and the various random odds and ends you would see in an office begin to morph into a set of eclectic tools and charts more suited to the nature of magic exams. The reading does not change, though. She's still got the same psych texts.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #65031 on: April 20, 2014, 09:05:46 pm »

Tobias would talk to Ester, but eh.

Eh indeed. That pretty much sums everything up right now.
Mhm. I mean, besides character development needing to happen :P
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65032 on: April 20, 2014, 09:07:34 pm »

Ktakubo does not seem to be affected by the room changing or laughing. If anything Ktakubo seems more at ease with this.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #65033 on: April 20, 2014, 09:10:13 pm »

Battery of questions and exams go!

STATE YOUR ALIBI AND/OR SUPPOSED BACKSTORY. AND NO, YOU HAVE TO AT LEAST COME UP WITH ONE. AND MARIE WILL SPOT IT IF YOU ROLL BADLY AT LYING. :P

Also yeah, psych exam!

Also yeah, she scans her magically for reactions and other MageBabbleTM.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65034 on: April 20, 2014, 09:17:08 pm »

Ktakubo recounts her backstory and what lead her to coming to this Universe.

Her Psych exam shows that she is operating within acceptable mind mage parameters. Her chances of going insane and mass mind sculpting the group are 23.7%

Her magical scans show that she taps into very specific strands of mana, specifically those that help her cast her mind magic. She also has four magical objects in her possesion, two of which are now on IRIS databanks.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #65035 on: April 20, 2014, 09:23:58 pm »

First off, that is NOT a close enough percentage for government work.

Second off, her magic scans don't get results initially this time. This is more complicated than the last one.

"We'll have to wait a few days while I process this all. Psych I can handle, but magicometry was never my field. First I need to send the raw data to heaven so they can tell me what the hell it is at all. Half of it's gibberish to me, since half of this stuff is consecrated. Then I have to send it to a friend with a supercomputer to crunch the numbers and find relations between test A and test B and yadda yadda yadda. Then I have to send THAT report back to heaven, along with several other friends I'll not name, and get a detailed picture of what magic you use and where and even how you use it. It's kind of a pain, you know?"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65036 on: April 20, 2014, 09:26:20 pm »

((Again :P))

"I hate to sound boring but I could just show you..." Ktakubo reaches behind her back and pulls out her Memory crystal. As soon as Marie looks into it, it reveals how her magics work and what magics she uses.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #65037 on: April 20, 2014, 09:27:31 pm »

"Thanks. I'll be verifying that anyways, though. Nice to have a testimony to compare against. Hmm, this should only take a couple of days then."

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65038 on: April 20, 2014, 09:30:05 pm »

"While we wait, wanna go spy on people's dreams? I have this really useful orb that lets me peer into the dreams of those sleeping." Ktakubo snickers at this And thus the mind mage and the psychologist became close friends.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #65039 on: April 20, 2014, 09:31:27 pm »

"Weakling. I could do that on my own before you were born."
Pages: 1 ... 4334 4335 [4336] 4337 4338 ... 4748