Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4163 4164 [4165] 4166 4167 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3114921 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #62460 on: April 14, 2014, 05:14:21 am »

>In theory, a god could be killed with a normal weapon.....but, of course, no god will stay dead, short of obliterating their souls. Zhengara, least of all. All you will do is force him off the material plane, and, having known his kind, he will most likely limit his activities.

Now that that is established, a normal weapon can kill a god. Many 'special' weapons are really just normal weapons that have slain the divine.<

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #62461 on: April 14, 2014, 05:16:54 am »

<Using Orichalcum, how long will he stay dead?>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62462 on: April 14, 2014, 05:18:27 am »

<Using Orichalcum, how long will he stay dead?>
>Just as long as he would with normal iron; millennia. Maybe longer. He will certainly not reform in most of your lifetimes.<

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62463 on: April 14, 2014, 05:19:08 am »

((Or you know, scare him away by showing him 4chan :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62464 on: April 14, 2014, 05:19:35 am »

((Or you know, scare him away by showing him 4chan :P))
((Zhengara probably would be the god of 4chan.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62465 on: April 14, 2014, 05:21:20 am »

((Then use 2chan. Or if it exists in this setting, lolbasilisks.com)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62466 on: April 14, 2014, 05:21:52 am »

<That is good enough. Though if normal iron does the job, what's the point of orichalcum? Is it like silver to werewolves, being especialy damaging?>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62467 on: April 14, 2014, 05:22:40 am »

<That is good enough. Though if normal iron does the job, what's the point of orichalcum? Is it like silver to werewolves, being especialy damaging?>
>Yes. With the added difficulty of healing wounds made by orichalcum.<

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62468 on: April 14, 2014, 05:27:19 am »

((Wait... so would syphilis and heroin work against a god? *Cue orichalcum being comprised of a lattice of syphilis and heroin*))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62469 on: April 14, 2014, 05:27:37 am »

<Hmm, then we are mostly good in the damage department. And with enough magic users to supply the anti-magic field with mana, we have his abilities under controle too. even if he can still produce low level illusions, the equipment Kyle is working on should be able to see through them. What is left to do is find a way to weaken his physical capabilities, to make sure we can actually kill him before out field runs out. Something like a poison or a drug, perhaps a spell circle. Any ideas?>

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62470 on: April 14, 2014, 05:29:24 am »

((Wait... so would syphilis and heroin work against a god? *Cue orichalcum being comprised of a lattice of syphilis and heroin*))
((Nope. Zeus would be dead by now if it did.))

>....have you not considered that Zhengara may well actually be listening into our plans?<

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62471 on: April 14, 2014, 05:32:40 am »

<If he does, there is nothing we can do about it. I am hoping that the anti-magic field blurs his view on us enough that this castle is of low interest to him, and his focus on more vulnerable targets for him to torment.>

ICARUS sends a message to Samson btw, to hire him for the upcoming battle, to shoot orichalcum rounds. People with the ability to go beyond the limits of normal humans are exactly what will be useful in this fight

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62472 on: April 14, 2014, 07:25:03 am »

<I found something, although it may be of dubious usefulness AND I need to test it>
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62473 on: April 14, 2014, 07:26:14 am »

<What did you find?>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62474 on: April 14, 2014, 08:03:34 am »

Will learns that the people who typically join the Knights happen to be average people, which is odd considering their stance on magic.

Will also learns that Arthur happens to do his recruiting at a cafe in Paris once a month. Will just isn't sure which day of the month he recruits on.
Will works on learning what kinds of people are recruited. Are an unusual percentage Christians, or Christians of some denomination? Do they tend to be more conservative, or more liberal? Demographics like that.
He also does a bit of location-finding to determine when in the month he's going to be recruiting.

Toy Story is over.
"What did you think of it?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 4163 4164 [4165] 4166 4167 ... 4748