Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3812 3813 [3814] 3815 3816 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3120789 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Rising from the ashes
« Reply #57195 on: March 27, 2014, 05:40:47 pm »

"Just take small steps. Just, grab a basket of fruit. Nobody will get in trouble just because you rot a basket of fruit. It may take many years until you can touch a human safely, but how can you try to learn how to swim if you are afraid of even the knee-deep water? I'll help you."

ICARUS puts a hand on Alice shoulder for emphasis that she is saying this in a friendly way.

A small smile formed on Alice's face
"Thank... Thank you, I... I would really appreciate your... your help. Sometimes... Sometimes though..." her smile faded and she shook her head "It... It doesn't matter, thank you"

Bartimaeus shapeshifts into Alice from Alucard's shadow and goes to find her.

Alice paused as she saw the copy of herself, after a moment of confusion she realised who it must be
"Hello... Hello Bartimaeus"
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #57196 on: March 27, 2014, 05:43:27 pm »

"You do realize that after you were about to mention something that seemed important, then stop smiling and say it is nothing, I am only mopre likely to ask you about it?"
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57197 on: March 27, 2014, 05:46:17 pm »

"You do realize that after you were about to mention something that seemed important, then stop smiling and say it is nothing, I am only more likely to ask you about it?"

Alice let out another sigh
"Yeah I... I suppose so, it's... it's just not something I... I like talking about"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57198 on: March 27, 2014, 05:48:07 pm »

ICARUS takes off her bracelet and motions Alice to take off hers as well.

"Don't worry. I can be more understanding then what others would make you believe."
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57199 on: March 27, 2014, 05:54:16 pm »

ICARUS takes off her bracelet and motions Alice to take off hers as well.

"Don't worry. I can be more understanding then what others would make you believe."

Alice paused for a moment and then took off her bracelet, she whispered to ICARUS

"It's... It's just that I... I think a part of... of me started to enjoy using them. Sometimes... Sometimes when I... I accidentally used... used them, I... I could swear I... I could hear a voice telling... telling me to go on and... and use them more"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57200 on: March 27, 2014, 06:05:37 pm »

"Ahh, the usual power corrupts you thing. Don't worry, I am sure everyone goes through a phase like this. Most people who discovered magical abilities in recent times are teenagers afterall. Oh boy you wouldn't believe how often I wondered how to go about the whole "eradicate all organic life" problem. But that's just it, thoughts. I won't judge you any worse on thoughts. It's our actions that determine who we are, not what we might have done if we had not managed to keep ourselves in check. Avoiding the temptation is something you will have to deal with for your entire life, regardless of wether you are trained at your ability or not. But let me take it this way: Scenario a) You remain untrained at your ability. Occasional accidents occur and occasionaly people may die. Should you succumb to the temptation, you will have no problem passing such an event off as an accident. You easily get away with it, increasing the temptation. Scenario b) You train your ability, greatly decreasing, or perhaps totaly nullifying accidents. Knowing that you have controle over your ability makes it much harder to feign an accident, should you rot someone on purpose - encouraging you only further to keep yourself in check. Added bonus, you might one day have children, added bonus, you might use your ability to fight crime and lighten your conscience for the naughty thoughts you had. Seems preferable to me."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:09:01 pm by Akroma »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57201 on: March 27, 2014, 06:14:30 pm »

Meme and Mimi giggle even more at being chased around.

Selina does a few questions but she can't get into the mind set, so she decides to spend time watching Maria play with Kyle.

((Yeah yeah, it sounds bad out of context))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #57202 on: March 27, 2014, 06:15:11 pm »

Alice!Bartimaeus shapeshifts into a snake and begins to curl onto Alice's arm.

"Mhm."

<Is Kyle back yet..?>

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57203 on: March 27, 2014, 06:17:55 pm »

"Ahh, the usual power corrupts you thing. Don't worry, I am sure everyone goes through a phase like this. Most people who discovered magical abilities in recent times are teenagers afterall. Oh boy you wouldn't believe how often I wondered how to go about the whole "eradicate all organic life" problem. But that's just it, thoughts. I won't judge you any worse on thoughts. It's our actions that determine who we are, not what we might have done if we had not managed to keep ourselves in check. Avoiding the temptation is something you will have to deal with for your entire life, regardless of wether you are trained at your ability or not. But let me take it this way: Scenario a) You remain untrained at your ability. Occasional accidents occur and occasionaly people may die. Should you succumb to the temptation, you will have no problem passing such an event off as an accident. You easily get away with it, increasing the temptation. Scenario b) You train your ability, greatly decreasing, or perhaps totaly nullifying accidents. Knowing that you have controle over your ability makes it much harder to feign an accident, should you rot someone on purpose - encouraging you only further to keep yourself in check. Added bonus, you might one day have children, added bonus, you might use your ability to fight crime and lighten your conscience for the naughty thoughts you had. Seems preferable to me."

The smile came back
"Thank... Thank you, it's... it's good to hear someone say that. You're... You're probably right as well, it... it would be best for me to learn to control them rather... rather than just trying to ignore them."

Alice!Bartimaeus shapeshifts into a snake and begins to curl onto Alice's arm.

"Mhm."

Alice jumped slightly as the snake curled onto her arm but relaxed when she reminded herself who it was. She smiled down at Bartimaeus

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57204 on: March 27, 2014, 06:19:38 pm »

((nap time))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57205 on: March 27, 2014, 06:21:18 pm »

"So you say you have a curse, eh?" the green and yellow striped snake says as it curls around her neck gently.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57206 on: March 27, 2014, 06:33:29 pm »

"What curse is it?"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57207 on: March 27, 2014, 06:35:24 pm »

((Night Akroma))

"So you say you have a curse, eh?" the green and yellow striped snake says as it curls around her neck gently.

Alice shifted nervously as the snake moved around her neck

"Yes"

"What curse is it?"

"Any... Anything I... I touch rots"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:40:19 pm by Kansa »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57208 on: March 27, 2014, 06:41:38 pm »