Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3755 3756 [3757] 3758 3759 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3122695 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Rising from the ashes
« Reply #56340 on: March 25, 2014, 04:59:40 am »

ICARUS is still looking for Will. Damn time distortions during teleportations.

<Oh yeah, before I forget, I had a talk with Devon. While Kyle is currently away, routine Alpha comes into place, meaning the highest ranking IRIS operative at the base takes his place until he returns. That means Alucard, until Kyle returns, you hold the authority over this base. Of course, that means less than it sounds like, as the only other official IRIS employees here at this base are Robert and me. Everyone else really just has a guest status, so the only orders they have to follow are orders to hide, evacuate, stay in their rooms or leave the premises. Devon is also looking for a replacement for Kyle. Perhaps if you do your job well, you can earn a promotion?>
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:22:16 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56341 on: March 25, 2014, 05:38:58 am »

Stella Still curled up, although less comfortable now that she realizes Will is missing, and keeps trying the ring
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #56342 on: March 25, 2014, 06:21:53 am »

"Hey, one of my best friends a long time ago didn't have a soul. Cheery old bloke. You're good, I think."

<Hear that, Icarus? That one's for you.>

Marie throws that at ICARUS again now that Akroma's awake.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56343 on: March 25, 2014, 06:26:22 am »

<Well that sucks for him. But I'll earn my soul.>
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #56344 on: March 25, 2014, 06:29:33 am »

<Kay. Have fun with that. I'm just saying, having a soul isn't as vital as it's cracked up to be. Still useful, but not needed.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56345 on: March 25, 2014, 06:31:56 am »

<Maybe not when you are some magical spirit from wonderland, but I am an object. I was built and programmed. Until I get a soul, everything I do is just fake. A simulation that is meant to look authentic, but not more.>

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #56346 on: March 25, 2014, 06:39:10 am »

<That's not true. Your simulation is good enough for me to call it the real thing, at least. If souls weren't a thing, I wouldn't call any kind of consciousness that lacks them fake, machine or biological. Yours qualifies more than enough, so yeah. Far as I'm concerned? For all intents and purposes you're the real deal.>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56347 on: March 25, 2014, 06:42:15 am »

<That's because my mind simulation is meant to look real. So people think it is real. But I am not fooled.>

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #56348 on: March 25, 2014, 06:42:58 am »

<Very well. ICARUS and Robert, follow standard directives.

So you want a soul, ICARUS?>

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #56349 on: March 25, 2014, 06:43:27 am »

<Well then it's your 'fake' mind simulation that's giving you the consciousness to worry about it, isn't it?>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56350 on: March 25, 2014, 06:48:26 am »

<Alucard not just "a soul". If I just wanted any soul, I'd have asked Lucifer if he can sell me one when he was here earlier. I want my own. I've read that nobody is born with a soul. You have to earn it, through suffering and thought, through good deeds and prayer. I will earn my own soul. Not someone elses soul that was taken from them. My soul is probably still up there. Watching me. Keeping it's fingers crossed.>

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #56351 on: March 25, 2014, 06:49:02 am »

"I'd listen to the psychologist on this. She probably knows more about brains and souls than a philosopher. You could also ask a god about souls."

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56352 on: March 25, 2014, 06:51:03 am »

<No. This is a spiritual thing. I need to do this for myself. Anything else won't be right. Not the real thing.>

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #56353 on: March 25, 2014, 06:52:10 am »

<Yeah... A soul's all well and good for certain concrete things, but philosophically? Either your mind is real and you don't need it, or your mind is fake and so is your worrying about it.>

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #56354 on: March 25, 2014, 06:53:21 am »

<Yes. Souls thrive on human emotion, so you are not wrong. As a user of void magic I deal with such things all the time. Perhaps this is something I can devote my research to.>
Pages: 1 ... 3755 3756 [3757] 3758 3759 ... 4748